"Ah, I feel stupid!"

DV_007

Once i made a post ( in my noob days :rolleyes: ) asking what SCOM was...I didnt know that it was abbreviated from Sweet Child o' Mine

And on the AFD cross i used to get mixed up with Duff n Steve

I feel so stupid :unsure::P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I made a school work (paper) about GnR when I was about 15 (I'm soon 18 now) I made some embarrasing mistakes! First, I wrote Izzy Reed instead of Dizzy, but that's not the huge thing! I will quote the worst: "Dizzy Reed... But he didn't become very famous so to say, he only did some background sounds mostly." Haha how can I be so rude to Reed. I mean, now, my favourite GnR song is Estranged and the best part of the song (live version) is Dizzy Reed's keyboard solo! I can't believe I was so clumsy back then when I wrote that!

[/quote

Your gonna laugh at yourself again, coz Axl played the piano solo and all other piano parts in Estranged so Dizzy was non-existent on that track. He played it live coz Axl wanted to walk around while singing but not in the studio. The same with November Rain and Breakdown. Dizzy played on only one of the four piano-based songs and that was a cover version copying Paul McCartney. So you can go back to your original opinion on Mr. Reed!

He said the live version

When i had no idea who GNR were but had an album, i figured they had two different singers, and i spent ages trying to work out which one sang which bits in the chorus for KOHD!

When i found out they had one singer, I also thought Slash sang Its So Easy, i had no reason to think it, just seemed like he would

The first GN'R cd I ever bought was the greatest hits. I listened to it for months and then decided I loved this band and wanted more so I bought Live Era. Ok hahaha this is lame - When I heard Mr. Brownstone for the first time, it was then I realised that Guns N' Roses swear in their songs :laugh: I thought it was like a hard rock band who found ways around swearing - I was wrong. :rofl-lol:

Also I thought Double Talkin' Jive was sang by Axl Rose. However, it is infact Izzy Stradlin. :(

The first GN'R cd I ever bought was the greatest hits. I listened to it for months and then decided I loved this band and wanted more so I bought Live Era. Ok hahaha this is lame - When I heard Mr. Brownstone for the first time, it was then I realised that Guns N' Roses swear in their songs :laugh: I thought it was like a hard rock band who found ways around swearing - I was wrong. :rofl-lol:

Also I thought Double Talkin' Jive was sang by Axl Rose. However, it is infact Izzy Stradlin. :(

Worrin's a wast of my f***ing time vs. Worrin's a waist of my... time on CD version ;)

I guess the space between my and time on the CD version is a golden place to place a swear word in.

He said the live version
Yup, thanks :) Edited by DV_007

lol this section is pretty funny

even i used to get confused with axls singin

there was this fren of mine who claimed axl was doin only the chorus in kohd and claimed that the other vocalist(found out that it was axl too..after a while) kicked ass and shud replace him <_<

Hahaha, Axl should be replaced!!! :D That was funny

so says the man from Limerick :D

What you getting at? :question:

Ahh dont kill me, Look go back to southhill or the island or rathkeale or whereva it is ya from, :anger:

and leave the good patrons of mygnr alone, you shouldnt judge here, this is a place of god.

That's precisely where it was!

I was listening and I heard ''Worrying's a waste of my FUCKING time''. I was shocked :laugh:

I considered it a treat when Nickelback put the word 'ass' in one of their records. I used to listen to it over and over again thinking that I was cool :no:

I was listening and I heard ''Worrying's a waste of my FUCKING time''. I was shocked :laugh:

I considered it a treat when Nickelback put the word 'ass' in one of their records. I used to listen to it over and over again thinking that I was cool :no:

:unsure:

I hope this was before you were into GNR

when i was younger, i thought GN'R sang Every Rose Has Its Thorn :(

also, i used to think right next door to hell was actually "Rednecks go to hell...."

Edited by RJ88

...years ago, when listening to my UYI I tape i thought the outro of NR was the next song (the garden)

(would not have happened with a CD, i guess)

...when i was still naive i thought CD would actually come out some day :)

ya, when i went to the GN'R concert in 2002 in toronto, during The Blues when Dizzy Reed came a played on the piano my buddy that i went with was like "Who the hell is that girl on the piano?" and i was like "hmmm, i dunno, maybe its some lucky crowd member...."

then a few months later when i got the bootleg of it, axl introduces that mystery "girl" as Dizzy...well i told my buddy and he couldnt stop laughing

Edited by RJ88

I went to a concert in Philly thinking Axl would, you know, show up.

:rofl-lol:

also, i used to think right next door to hell was actually "Rednecks go to hell...."

:rofl-lol:

:unsure:

I hope this was before you were into GNR

Way before :)

ya, when i went to the GN'R concert in 2002 in toronto, during The Blues when Dizzy Reed came a played on the piano my buddy that i went with was like "Who the hell is that girl on the piano?" and i was like "hmmm, i dunno, maybe its some lucky crowd member...."

then a few months later when i got the bootleg of it, axl introduces that mystery "girl" as Dizzy...well i told my buddy and he couldnt stop laughing

HAHAHAHAHA.... gaaaah that's great! :rofl-lol:

"dunno, maybe it's some lucky crowd member" Haha, someone from the audience got up and played through The Blues on piano, improvisation! :D

I still laugh.

My first GNR experience was watching WTTJ, SCOM and YCBM videos. I thought they were a bunch of criminals who played in a band in their spare time and happened to become famous!

Now that is funny......and kinda rings with a smell of truth, If you know what I mean.......

None of them things can be proved. Is he taller cos he's got a bucket on his head? Is he thinner cos he's been hanging upside down in closet for weeks. Didn't Bucket quit GNR and then VR went on tour?

I have no idea. If Bucket rejoins GNR and VR Split Up I'll be suscipious again and maybe go back to skool to leanr how to speel.

:rofl-lol: Bucket and Slash definitely are NOT the same person.

Anything is possible though. After all, if Michael Jackson can go from being a black man to a white woman, then its feasible that Bucket & Slash could be one and the same!! :lol:

I thought that Izzy was Slash and Slash was Izzy for quite a long time. Think it was because I knew Slash was from England and I thought that on the back cover of AFD Izzy looked more English and therefore had to be Slash.

I refused to buy any other GN'R albums after I had AFD because I thought it wasn't the original members (again, I thought that Slash had left the band before the Illusions albums because Izzy in my mind was Slash and he didn't appear in the videos I had seen. I don't think I was very aware of the Lies album.)

I remember being adamont that Chinese Democracy would be released before Christmas 2003.

I'm from Poland and our capital city is Warsaw. When I heard WTTJ for the first time I thought Axl's singing : "Welcome to the jungle, it's Warsaw every day ". Oh My God, Axl's singin bout my capital city, awsome !!!! You can only imagine my laugh when I saw the original lyrics.

Guest RonMexico82

so says the man from Limerick :D

What you getting at? :question:

Ahh dont kill me, Look go back to southhill or the island or rathkeale or whereva it is ya from, :anger:

and leave the good patrons of mygnr alone, you shouldnt judge here, this is a place of god.

Big words, Big Words...I suppose you're one of those posh Dublin 4 Mammy's boys. Like to see you say the above to someone from any of those areas, they'd kick your hooray for tolerance&#33; ass so badly you'd be shitting teeth for weeks. :fuckyou:

When I made a school work (paper) about GnR when I was about 15 (I'm soon 18 now) I made some embarrasing mistakes! First, I wrote Izzy Reed instead of Dizzy, but that's not the huge thing! I will quote the worst: "Dizzy Reed... But he didn't become very famous so to say, he only did some background sounds mostly." Haha how can I be so rude to Reed. I mean, now, my favourite GnR song is Estranged and the best part of the song (live version) is Dizzy Reed's keyboard solo! I can't believe I was so clumsy back then when I wrote that!

[/quote

Your gonna laugh at yourself again, coz Axl played the piano solo and all other piano parts in Estranged so Dizzy was non-existent on that track. He played it live coz Axl wanted to walk around while singing but not in the studio. The same with November Rain and Breakdown. Dizzy played on only one of the four piano-based songs and that was a cover version copying Paul McCartney. So you can go back to your original opinion on Mr. Reed!

I used to think Steven Adler was Axl Rose on the back of AFD, he just looked like a lead singer and someone who could reach high pitches, maybe coz he had long blonde hair like Robert Plant. I used to think it could have been Duff either but wasn't sure. The real Axl just seemed to be in the background, not what you associate with a lead singer. I still can't tell the difference between Gilby and Izzy, and even Adler and Sorum sometimes.

Slash always seemed like this mute kind of character who just played music and didn't talk or something. Hard to explain, someone else said in this thread as well. Kinda like what Buckethead actually is. I dunno there was something about Slash you couldn't imagine him having a normal conversation. He looked like a cartoon character or something, who was sent to earth to play guitar in a rock n' roll band and that was his only role in life.

actually.....dizzy does play the keys

it says in the UYI 2 MANUAL

"Welcome to the jungle, it's Warsaw every day ".

Haha, that would be kinda funny! However, Warsaw does in no way, shape or form, resemble a jungle, does it?

Haha thats up their with the guy who said 'Rigby Clarke' haha that cracks me up every time!

Rigby! lmao

Rigby friggin Clarke. Priceless.

at the very begining

when i first saw Nov Rain video ... i thought there were like ..2 "frontmans" (?) in the band : the one who was singing and playing the piano and the other one who was getting married ... :blink:

can u imagine 2 axls on the stage ? in a duel ?

amazing...