greatest guitarist of our age i think

ok there is this guy at my school his name is andrew and i think he must be the greatest guitarist of our age tell me whether you think he is by these things he can do, he can play the whole of master of puppets behind his head perfectly and if there are any dream theater fans here he can play a change of seasons behind his head as well perfectly without a mistake and there is a rumor that he can play every song by metallica with the guitar upside down which i dont believe, now you might not believe me beacuse it seems impossible but he can do it, if you believe then me tell me if not tell me anyway.

He has to play infront of you for you to believe me coz i dont think you will.

Guest Jungle Blood
Hes a good guitarist? When hes in a band and not doing covers of other peoples work I'll accept him as a good guitarist.

i agree. you only play covers to show off and to brag.

those people has just trained the same stuff over and over, something that doesn't require musical talent or intrest.

Just cause he can play all of metallica's songs every which way, doesnt mean hes a great guitarist. Slash, Page, Hendrix, Vai, EVH and whoever else you want didnt make it by playing other peoples stuff. They created their own and thats what made them great. Im not saying he sucks I'm saying hes not great. He probably ios good no doubt about it but greatness is a different measure.

ok there is this guy at my school his name is andrew and i think he must be the greatest guitarist of our age tell me whether you think he is by these things he can do, he can play the whole of master of puppets behind his head perfectly and if there are any dream theater fans here he can play a change of seasons behind his head as well perfectly without a mistake and there is a rumor that he can play every song by metallica with the guitar upside down which i dont believe, now you might not believe me beacuse it seems impossible but he can do it, if you believe then me tell me if not tell me anyway.

He has to play infront of you for you to believe me coz i dont think you will.

sure, just like andy van hatcher can play 80 notes per second.

Big deal if he can imitate musicians. ANYONE can do that. Wow i can play master of puppets excactly on the album...

You think Kirk hammet made it big because he could play other peoples solo's behind his back... ?

You got a bad definition of how good a guitar player is. To me what defines a great player is his creativity, ability to improvise, write music and leads on the spot. That is what defines a great guitarist, or great musician; not being technically perfect and being able to play everyones solos note for note behind your back...

I think the most innovative and creative guitarist out there now are the A7X duo : Zacky Vengeance, Synyster Gates . And the mars volta dood.