me singing nightrain

Why the hell are you trying to sing using a midi file as accompaniment? For one, midi files are not accompaniment. They are somebody playing the melody on a keyboard. So you're basically singing along like karaoke. But although this seems easier, because you're singing along with the melody, rather than holding it yourself, the midi actually ends up constricting you.

Aside from that, your vocals were both out of tune and out of key. You don't have to try and mimic Axl when you sing. Can you, for instance, imagine even a great singer such as Freddy Mercury trying to sing Nightrain like Axl. He wouldn;t be able to do it cause he wouldn't have the range. So sing in the key that you feel most comfortable in - probably at least two up from where you were trying to sing.

Here: Nightrain (instrumental): http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=15PEEX8...AH1NXJUJ649L0IW

And for reference: Izzy singing Nightrain at soundcheck 1993: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I702IG...TB2DG4NA2K9EPXC

Practice makes perfect!

Can you, for instance, imagine even a great singer such as Freddy Mercury trying to sing Nightrain like Axl. He wouldn;t be able to do it cause he wouldn't have the range.

Thats utter bullshit dude, Freddie doesn't have the range :lol:

My ass he doesn't, he has twice the range of Axl.

Can you, for instance, imagine even a great singer such as Freddy Mercury trying to sing Nightrain like Axl. He wouldn;t be able to do it cause he wouldn't have the range.

Oh dear, a Freddy Mercury bum-chum. I'm afraid there is no way that most men with balls could hit the high notes that Axl does. It's got nothing to do with Axl been better than Freddy, or Freddy better than Axl. It's a fact. Mercury had a great voice - but he couldn't, and hence rarely did, go high.

And some guy, of course you can choose what key to sing in. You obviously don;t know much about signing or music, so simply put, SING GRUFFER. You were at least two keys below what is most likely to be the key that comes most naturally to you.

Oh dear, a Freddy Mercury bum-chum. I'm afraid there is no way that most men with balls could hit the high notes that Axl does. It's got nothing to do with Axl been better than Freddy, or Freddy better than Axl. It's a fact. Mercury had a great voice - but he couldn't, and hence rarely did, go high.

Axl doesn't sing that high dude,

Try Geddy Lee, he can hit a F# with ease, Axl cant. Ian Gillan can do much higher and controled screams.

And im not even really a huge fan of Freddie, but mate, he can easily go that high.

Axl doesn't sing that high dude,

Try Geddy Lee, he can hit a F# with ease, Axl cant. Ian Gillan can do much higher and controled screams.

And im not even really a huge fan of Freddie, but mate, he can easily go that high.

Freddy is dead, so he "could" go that high. I challege you to name one song in which Freddy even approaches that high. And I'm sure that Axl could hit an F#. Have you heard the Blues?

The blues is irrelevant here, man. In fact, all of Axls new stuff is. Axl now sings in a raspy falsetto, rather than the snarling chest screaming he used to do. Its all in his throat now. If you asked me to do 4 octaves and allowed falsetto, I'm sure even I could do it.

Edit.....btw Freddie rules.

Edited by AxlisOld