this sucks

angel of music

read for yourself: http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/metro/123843.php

Carrie Underwood (American Idol 4 winner) covers GnR

"We weren't expecting her to be so confident with nary a hint of cocky assuredness when she got frisky and covered Guns N' Roses' hits "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine."

She shed her country innocence, picked up the mic stand and struck a rocker's pose that wasn't too convincing, but was certainly entertaining.

She did a good job of nailing that classic "aye, yah, yah, yah" Axl Rose line in "Child," although she couldn't quite pull off his whine."

:o:confused::confused::anger:

(ok, i don;t know if this is the right section or if it was already posted, feel free to move it!)

"We weren't expecting her to be so confident with nary a hint of cocky assuredness when she got frisky and covered Guns N' Roses' hits "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine."

She shed her country innocence, picked up the mic stand and struck a rocker's pose that wasn't too convincing, but was certainly entertaining.

She did a good job of nailing that classic "aye, yah, yah, yah" Axl Rose line in "Child," although she couldn't quite pull off his whine."

(ok, i don;t know if this is the right section or if it was already posted, feel free to move it!)

ok.... :o:o wow... i did not see that coming...

um..i think american idol is ok

but Carrie Underwood just pisses the fuck out of me...

but oh well..if she wants to screw up a classic, then she can go ahead and do so....

<_< bleech

She couldn't have ruined "Sweet Child O' Mine" any worse than Sheryl Crow did. And somehow Crow wins a fuckin' Grammy for it.

There is an Idol show here in Iceland and the winner this year sang SCOM during one of the shows. It was horrible, the funniest thing about it was that only one of the judges said it sounded bad (said that Axl was just to unique and that he has no equal). In my opinion only a few singers can pull off GN'R songs and make them sound good and none of those singers are in the Idol contests.

How dare this bitch try and introduce the GnR catalogue to a younger audience. :anger::fuckyou:

yeah what the fuck's she thinking?

because of this, pepople might see the next vr album for what it is:a flop and listen to the REAL gnr

for chrissake,we can't have that, people might enjoy music.... :anger::fuckyou:

How dare this bitch try and introduce the GnR catalogue to a younger audience. :anger::fuckyou:

Yeah, sucks doesn't it? You'd never catch GNR and other artists covering other musician's material.

What a sin that would be... ;)

it doesn't suck in that way, it sucks that Axl's been trying to protect GnR material from bad exposure but then we have some singer wannabe getting their hands on the songs..

i think it's a matter of how you see it.. i have no problem whatsoever if any respected musician wanted to cover a GnR song.. but I don't consider AI to be in that category yet.. that's why it bothers me somehow..

yeah wtf :fuckyou:

yeah what the fuck's she thinking?

because of this, pepople might see the next vr album for what it is:a flop and listen to the REAL gnr

for chrissake,we can't have that, people might enjoy music.... :anger::fuckyou:

agreed

Yeah, sucks doesn't it? You'd never catch GNR and other artists covering other musician's material.

What a sin that would be... ;)

it doesn't suck in that way, it sucks that Axl's been trying to protect GnR material from bad exposure but then we have some singer wannabe getting their hands on the songs..

i think it's a matter of how you see it.. i have no problem whatsoever if any respected musician wanted to cover a GnR song.. but I don't consider AI to be in that category yet.. that's why it bothers me somehow..

Yeah, but just remember, things can always be worse. Much worse.

For instance, you could be Thomas Dolby living a nice, peaceful life, enjoying your golden years and royalties. AND THEN along comes K-Fed stealing and sampling your most famous music. :o:lol:

He makes Carrie Underwood seem like Music & Industry Royalty by comparison...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

:fuckyou: American Idol blow's!!! I believe if your have the shit,you have to do it old school.None of this "Here's a fuckin' record deal,see you on The Surreal Life in 2 year's shit".Reality show's piss me off. I got a real one... Convict on Convict,fight to the death and win your freedom.Now that's some shit I'd watch. As far as Gunner cover's...as long as you can pull it off,fine!!! <_< If not,don't bother trying!!! :angry:

I think it is funny people get pissed because she covered the songs. Lots of people cover GNR songs so to the people who get pissy about this well it's really pathetic on your part. You should all cheer up it just shows people still fancy GNR. :book:

Edited by chinese69illusions

I think it is funny people get pissed because she covered the songs. Lots of people cover GNR songs so to the people who get pissy about this well it's really pathetic on your part. You should all cheer up it just shows people still fancy GNR. :book:

<_< Two word's....Sheryl Crow. :tongue2:

She's hot as hell, so all's ok in my book.

sure, if pasty faced white girls are your thang

Dude... that's pretty racist. Racism ain't allowed on the board i don't think. and if it is then shame on the mods.