• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1990-91.

Tour - Album = Sold out!

Tour - Album = sold out!

Yes many venues have been sold out.

Helsinki 8min

Oslo 25min.

you forgot the 01/02 tour and how some of the 02 US leg shows bombed.

you also forgot to mention that the 06 dates are european festival dates, which may or may not matter, but they should be taken into consideration, imo

1990-91.

Tour - Album = Sold out!

Tour - Album = sold out!

Helsinki 8min

Oslo 25min.

you also forgot to mention that the 06 dates are european festival dates, which may or may not matter, but they should be taken into consideration, imo

Not all of them are.

What a load of utter shite. What songs exactly do they plan on playing during the tour?

Songs from CD, that no one will have heard? That would go down like a lead balloon no matter how good they were.

The band is continuing to make a joke out of itself. Release it already. Its 01/02 all over again. We won't see the album.

Oh shut the hell up ya negative goon! We practically got told infact we were told when the record is set to be released this year. May I remind you ''People will hear music this year'', 4 whole songs, a tour booked, Axl in the media all the time, ''PEOPLE WILL HEAR MUSIC THIS YEAR!''.

I believe 100% this will happen. If it doesn't I'll eat my hat!

Axl himself has specifically promised the release in many of the previous years. But he has not delivered. In 01/02 he started a tour without an album, and it failed horribly. Shows were cancelled and most didn't get near to selling out.

Fast forward to 06, the formula still works now:

Tour - album = Disaster

Its as simple as that.

Since your into statistic.....here is a nice one for you

1990-91.

Tour - Album = Sold out!

Tour - Album = sold out!

Helsinki 8min

Oslo 25min.

LOL - in 1990 and 1991, it hadn't been 14 years since anyone not subscribed to a GnR list even thought about the band. This has failure written all over it. The band will have a brutal US tour if they try it (again) without a CD. However, it's likely the tour will be cancelled long before it reaches the US.

well, all we got is precious time,

we'll just have to wait and see

He may be a nice guy and may think he's telling the truth but the truth is he doesn't know when Axl will release CD. I don't think Axl even knows at this point. It depends how far he keeps going into the detail of the recording and the amtstering process to get everything perfect. I don't think Axl will know when that is until it actually hits him, if it ever does. More important inforrmation he could provide now that would be interesting for us is, WHO is in the band (ie. Bucket replacement etc...) because any replacement they ahve must be practicing with them for the shows now, has to already be in the bag, if there even is one. :chef:

Edited by mcalldp

im not doubtin u at all, infact i believe tht tht dude thinks CD is comin out but then again how many times has axl said the CD will come soon? 96-06 is a long time, but i hope 2 god im wrong and hope 2 god this dude is wrong and the cd is released earlier.

What a load of utter shite. What songs exactly do they plan on playing during the tour?

Songs from CD, that no one will have heard? That would go down like a lead balloon no matter how good they were.

The band is continuing to make a joke out of itself. Release it already. Its 01/02 all over again. We won't see the album.

Oh shut the hell up ya negative goon! We practically got told infact we were told when the record is set to be released this year. May I remind you ''People will hear music this year'', 4 whole songs, a tour booked, Axl in the media all the time, ''PEOPLE WILL HEAR MUSIC THIS YEAR!''.

I believe 100% this will happen. If it doesn't I'll eat my hat!

OH NO!, dont pull that bullshit!

you promised youre gonna eat your hat this year if it came out!

you cant turn this shit around now!

not at this point!

unless you meant youd eat your hat either way..... but i dont think anyone would do that.

you must really like those hats

I am getting the same feeling. A September release for an album like this, is rediculous. Plus if you read into what is going on closely, there doesn't seem to be any decisive factors. The amount of shows that GNR will play this year is negligable when compared to all the bands touring this year. It is amazing that no one can say: "The album will be released on Sept ??". I do think that the album is in the finishing stages. But there seems to be something off kilter with the timing. It does not appear that The Davinci Code will have a GNR tune on it after all. September is five months away. Anything is possible, but I see it as unlikely. This is first and foremost a business. Businesses must make money. They have done everything possible to limit their profit. This was not the plan, but a side-affect of working with Axl.

Edited by smokingarthur

Great news ! If the European Tour is successful and GNR is able to tour in the US, the album will be released this year, just before touring in the US. That plan makes sense. I hope it will work !

Expect a single in June/July... :)

As Elvis sang : "It's now or never..."

Edited by Alan Niveen