• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1990-91.

Tour - Album = Sold out!

Tour - Album = sold out!

Yes many venues have been sold out.

Helsinki 8min

Oslo 25min.

you forgot the 01/02 tour and how some of the 02 US leg shows bombed.

you also forgot to mention that the 06 dates are european festival dates, which may or may not matter, but they should be taken into consideration, imo

you should take into consideration that the venues he mentioned is not festival dates. I don't know excactly which are festivals and which are ordinary shows but I know atleast that the gigs in sweden, norweigan and finland are ordinary shows. And they're all sold out really quick. Two shows in finland actually.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the album WILL NOT BE OUT THIS YEAR!

GUnsguy

Mmmm optimism! Hahaha

Meanwhile.... im sick of this shit.... Really.... September is shit... fuckn shit! Unless Slash walks out on stage at these shows they are making the same mistake as last time. Boooooooooooo

Well if its true, cool. I just hope Axl doesnt fire Fortus! Sept would make some sense I guess.

Tour Europe and showpiece a few new tunes, and then hit US with an album release. I'll accept that :D

So long as its actually on its way and the tour isn't a way of just passin time.

Grimo.

Axl himself has specifically promised the release in many of the previous years. But he has not delivered. In 01/02 he started a tour without an album, and it failed horribly. Shows were cancelled and most didn't get near to selling out.

Fast forward to 06, the formula still works now:

Tour - album = Disaster

Its as simple as that.

The 2002 World Tour was actually a success: Dates in Hong Kong, Japan, Pukkelpop, Leeds and London sold extremely well. And Rock In Rio in 2001 was also a sucess. It was only the North American leg which was a disatser. If the album drops in September it'll be out in time for a North American leg. :D

Axl himself has specifically promised the release in many of the previous years. But he has not delivered. In 01/02 he started a tour without an album, and it failed horribly. Shows were cancelled and most didn't get near to selling out.

Tour - album = Disaster

Its as simple as that.

The 2002 World Tour was actually a success: Dates in Hong Kong, Japan, Pukkelpop, Leeds and London sold extremely well. And Rock In Rio in 2001 was also a sucess. It was only the North American leg which was a disatser. If the album drops in September it'll be out in time for a North American leg. :D

the american leg of the tour was a disaster coz Axl stopped showing up

What a load of utter shite. What songs exactly do they plan on playing during the tour?

Songs from CD, that no one will have heard? That would go down like a lead balloon no matter how good they were.

The band is continuing to make a joke out of itself. Release it already. Its 01/02 all over again. We won't see the album.

Oh shut the hell up ya negative goon! We practically got told infact we were told when the record is set to be released this year. May I remind you ''People will hear music this year'', 4 whole songs, a tour booked, Axl in the media all the time, ''PEOPLE WILL HEAR MUSIC THIS YEAR!''.

I believe 100% this will happen. If it doesn't I'll eat my hat!

Tour - album = Disaster

Its as simple as that.

Since your into statistic.....here is a nice one for you

1990-91.

Tour - Album = Sold out!

Tour - Album = sold out!

Yes many venues have been sold out.

Helsinki 8min

Oslo 25min.

LOL - in 1990 and 1991, it hadn't been 14 years since anyone not subscribed to a GnR list even thought about the band. This has failure written all over it. The band will have a brutal US tour if they try it (again) without a CD. However, it's likely the tour will be cancelled long before it reaches the US.

I´m dissapointed that there will be a tour without a release..

But I don´t agree with U that it has to be a faliure.

Gnr still attracting new fans.

Greatest hits sold millions, and that is only a few years ago..

Guest JohnUlmer

Oh great. Here we go.

Didn't you realize how every time a bandmember gives a "hopeful" date it NEVER comes true?

Not very reassuring IMO.