CD to be dropped in SEPT

Frozen Inferno

Album in Sept. Which probably...well usually, erm... hopefully, will mean a video released either late July or ealy Aug along with a single release later that mid/late Aug leading to the album in Sept.

If so, all this would fall nicely into place along with the gigs and possibly lead onto a UK, US and World Tour.

Well thats the plan anyway :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as album success goes, Axl is going to have to release a good first single. The general consensus is that things are looking great for him. I mean according to some reports from you guys over in the US, the country was more than interested in IRS.

Axl shouldn't have much to worry about now really. The leaks were generally well received by people, and they were all across the radio. If he doesn't get the album out this year, he has missed a huge window of opportunity.

If he could back up the first release with another great single, this album will continue selling shitloads for a few months. It'll be a progressive thing, but my word, i have no doubt it'll be big, providing the right singles are released.

As far as album success goes, Axl is going to have to release a good first single. The general consensus is that things are looking great for him. I mean according to some reports from you guys over in the US, the country was more than interested in IRS.

Axl shouldn't have much to worry about now really. The leaks were generally well received by people, and they were all across the radio. If he doesn't get the album out this year, he has missed a huge window of opportunity.

If he could back up the first release with another great single, this album will continue selling shitloads for a few months. It'll be a progressive thing, but my word, i have no doubt it'll be big, providing the right singles are released.

All true, I just hope the album hasn't been hyped up too much by the media

If he releases a relatively good first singal which might only appeal to the GNR fraternity but not the public en-mass, then he could lose a lot of credibility, The first singal has to be something very speciat, I think he willl get one shot at winning the world back, and he better make it work.

I think the album will hit Number 1 on each side of the Atlantic as soon as it's released. What people don't seem to realise is that this album has only been hyped for like the last 6 years when Guns N' Roses showed signs of life. Axl only said in 2000 that he had rebuilt Guns N' Roses and the album would be called 'Chinese Democracy'. For the better part of the 90's no one cared about Guns N' Roses, there time had come and gone and it was a new era of music. But now the interest in the world of rock is beginning to return and with that Guns N' Roses hype has begun. People remember what Axl is up to and I think this album could litteraly sell about 50 million copies. I have no doubt that the first single will fly to number 1.

I can't wait - I get all giddy thinking of it. :)

I think the album will hit Number 1 on each side of the Atlantic as soon as it's released. What people don't seem to realise is that this album has only been hyped for like the last 6 years when Guns N' Roses showed signs of life. Axl only said in 2000 that he had rebuilt Guns N' Roses and the album would be called 'Chinese Democracy'. For the better part of the 90's no one cared about Guns N' Roses, there time had come and gone and it was a new era of music. But now the interest in the world of rock is beginning to return and with that Guns N' Roses hype has begun. People remember what Axl is up to and I think this album could litteraly sell about 50 million copies. I have no doubt that the first single will fly to number 1.

I can't wait - I get all giddy thinking of it. :)

I agree it will go to #1 (or close to it) right away...the question is will it have staying power? All the GnR fans will rush out and buy it right away, but will anyone still buy it when all the loyal fans have got their copy?

This album has "been hyped for like the last 6 years" on boards like this...nobody off the lists cares what GnR is doing or has been doing...most people outside of the GnR lists likely think Slash and the UYI lineup is still GnR. The question then becomes will the general public care if CD is ever released? It will be interesting to see. The mainstream coverage of GnR has stopped as quickly as it started when the leaks were new. The rest of the world just doesn't care (which is too bad).

The album will be massive just because everyone is curious. That- and sales will be based on the success of their past music. If this album is a flop you won't know it by the sales of this album but by the sales of the next one. This one will sell loads even if it only has a recorded fart on it. but it will be the end of guns for future releases if it's not a hit. Nobody waits around for over a decade, get's served crap and then comes back for more. This is a make it or break it album just because it represents what Axl has put his energy into for half of his adult career.

:shades:

The album will be massive just because everyone is curious. That- and sales will be based on the success of their past music. If this album is a flop you won't know it by the sales of this album but by the sales of the next one. This one will sell loads even if it only has a recorded fart on it. but it will be the end of guns for future releases if it's not a hit. Nobody waits around for over a decade, get's served crap and then comes back for more. This is a make it or break it album just because it represents what Axl has put his energy into for half of his adult career.

:shades:

Yep - and that is exactly why it will never see the light of day.

Axl turned an album that should have been out 10 years ago into such a mess that his entire career will be judged by the success of this album, and he knows it. His fragile ego cannot handle failure, so he goes back and tries to perfect it. More delays, even more delays, more cancelled shows/tours - the pattern is always the same, yet people here still want to believe this time it will be different.

News Flash: If you get kicked in the nuts 10 times, it still hurts the 10th time...nothing changes. Axl keeps kicking you in the nuts...prepare yourself for more pain. (Apology to all the wonderful women of mygnr - I cannot think of a good analogy for a woman...feel free to offer suggestions).

I want to believe, but it seems that since this is the first time Fortus has mentioned a month that he must have good reason and/or authorization to do so. But why break such huge news in an e-mail to a fan-shouldn't their be an official announcement before or soon after the e-mail?

Also, if the band is rehearsing now and will tour Europe through the summer then drop the album and tour the states in Sept, when exactly will they have time to finish it? This implies to me that it is actually done or that there is a very tight deadline between now and 5/27. The first possibility is almost a dream, and the second seems like the same old cycle preparing to begin.

Edited by bax

Guest RonMexico82

If handled correctly Chinese Democracy has huge potential. I think Axl needs to erase the performance of the VWA's from memory by putting on a kick ass performance of Better or I.R.S. or both at another awards ceremony like the MTV Music awards. If he nailed that and put in a performance like the '88 award ceremony it would work wonders. I have a feeling... rock1

If handled correctly Chinese Democracy has huge potential. I think Axl needs to erase the performance of the VWA's from memory by putting on a kick ass performance of Better or I.R.S. or both at another awards ceremony like the MTV Music awards. If he nailed that and put in a performance like the '88 award ceremony it would work wonders. I have a feeling... rock1

*shudders at the thought of that VMA performance*

Old quote from Duff on AFD... “It was,” says McKagan, “the right band with the right songs at the right time.”

Things have changed so much in music/society since those days I really do wonder if Axl has left it way too late to relaunch G'n'R at any significant level... :book:

This one will sell loads even if it only has a recorded fart on it.

Aerosmith's Get A Grip featured a recorded belch on it and that's their biggest selling album to date.

I think 50 million is a tad optimistic W. Axl Kev but I'm very happy to be proved wrong. September is the perfect time to releae the album IMHO; the European tour will be a success without a new album as long as Axl doesn't bail on it. A North American tour could follow in late September/October and be a huge success.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=28357.0

"I just got a replay from Richard Fortus. This is part of the email.

To answer your question, yes, the plan is still to

release multiple records over the next few years. Hopefully starting

in Sept. We are currently rehearsing for our tour in Europe this

summer and the band is sounding better than ever. Hope to see you in

September here in the states.

thanks for your continued support.

richard "

-----------------------------------------------------

posted by dave-gnfnr2k from HTGTH.

Fabulous if it turns out to be true. I'm not going to debate whether it was the real Richard Fortus speaking or not. I'll leave that to other people

1-he only posted that bit because we couldn't see the email address and tell its fake

2- like they will finally announce the release date of the most anticipated album ever in an email(not from axl) to a random fan

Thats how I see it.

so nothing official eh...

official?? :lol::lol: that word don`t exist in the GNR camp :laugh:

lol you can imagine Axl having a video clip of the word "offical" instead of "estranged" in the estranged video.

sorry if you dont understand that