Guns with a girl!

You jealous piece of shit!

There's always one isn't there? lol

come on then..post up an mp3 of yourself covering some GnR so that your slagging off can be justified

oh btw nameless_girl, yeah the tattoo's real :) its a gothic style angel

it looks like you have the axl rose attitude aswell :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you all sound fantastic...just listened to your studio sweet child clip. However I couldn't really hear any rhythm guitar going on :drevil: Plugged it or just quiet?

BTW, What SD pickups does your lead guitarist use in the studio and equipment, it sounds very good!

Edited by Max™

Lola Rose, great covers and sounds like you've got a good, solid band behind you.

If I may offer a bit of contructive criticism: I think that the first half of Rocket Queen was awesome, but the last half maybe needs a little more control. It sounded occasionally like you were stretching on some of the higher notes when you could easily have got away with singing them a little little lower. When I used to sing Rocket Queen live - ah, they were the days! - I often used to drop half an octave on the final part. I think you were possibly singing even higher than Axl does. Certainly, when he used to sing it live in the 80s he often dropped noticably lower.

Also, perhaps don't hold some of the notes for as long on the outro, particularly on "own", "friend" and "pain". Again, when Axl used to sing it live in the 80s he often used to sing staccarto on those notes.

Anyway, if you've had the classical lessons you've probably got it perfectly under control now. :)

BTW, I loved those hot-pants in the pics! And If you're ever up in the North (West Riding) let me know and I'll pop in and see you play. It'd be nice to see someone singing Guns' Stuff that it's actually all right to be attracted to!!!

rock1

Edited by Appetite For Waiting

Lol thanks for the constructive criticism dude. I've no idea where West Riding is. We're based in Coventry - you anywhere near the West Midlands? We r playing Scotland next, but that's probably a bit too far North for you.

Hopefully we will be gigging around more of the country later this year, so just keep an eye on the website, maybe we'll be in a pub near you soon!!

x :)

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

Lol thanks for the constructive criticism dude. I've no idea where West Riding is. We're based in Coventry - you anywhere near the West Midlands? We r playing Scotland next, but that's probably a bit too far North for you.

Hopefully we will be gigging around more of the country later this year, so just keep an eye on the website, maybe we'll be in a pub near you soon!!

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

Anywhere around LEeds, Bradford, etc.

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

Call me Lola...

just sent you a pm regarding this ;)

it's better than most covers posted in this forum- but it's not THAT good.

the Nightrain studio was good. Jungle has some potential.

one I really didn't like was the Live RQ. I could barely hear you. in addition, the rythem guitat had the wtong tune and the drummer sucked in the intro.

but, your lead guitat was EXCELLENT during that song.

not THAT good eh? considering recent events I would tend to disagree. An agency found us and put us on their books immediately after listening to that demo, and got us the gig in Aberdeen, which went amazingly well. Getting paid to play to hundreds of people who love GNR and the way we do it is very satisfying, and I thank my stars we have been so lucky to get this far, yet this is only the beginning!

Rocket Queen has come a long way since those old recordings (a few of which we find awful compared to how we sound now!), and I hope someday you will be able to judge for yourselves by coming along to one of our gigs. We are hoping to organise some sort of mini UK tour this summer, so will keep you posted on up n coming events.

FAO: Guns2Roses Axl - cheers for all the advice dude, let me know if the guys are still up for Scarborough, gimme a call :)

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

I heard SCOM and I fell in love with it!! I was telling myself that there is no way a girl can pull it off as well as Axl did, but I was obviously wrong. Because everytime i try to sing it, it sounds very girly and when I try to make it rocky, it sounds manly and wrong... But when YOU did it, you made it sound so unique~!

Congrats and good luck rock3

Due to a previous engagment i have at the offical Queen convention....

Lola Rose is filling in for me with Guns 2 Roses on Saturday night at

Murray's Bar, 51c Westborough, Scarborough, YO11 1UN

Get there and see this hottie in action!!! :shades:

I know you'll do great babe ;)

W.A.R.

not THAT good eh? considering recent events I would tend to disagree. An agency found us and put us on their books immediately after listening to that demo, and got us the gig in Aberdeen, which went amazingly well. Getting paid to play to hundreds of people who love GNR and the way we do it is very satisfying, and I thank my stars we have been so lucky to get this far, yet this is only the beginning!

Rocket Queen has come a long way since those old recordings (a few of which we find awful compared to how we sound now!), and I hope someday you will be able to judge for yourselves by coming along to one of our gigs. We are hoping to organise some sort of mini UK tour this summer, so will keep you posted on up n coming events.

FAO: Guns2Roses Axl - cheers for all the advice dude, let me know if the guys are still up for Scarborough, gimme a call :)

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

it's my opinion.... as an artist you must handle it, right?