Guns with a girl!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, very good in fact, interesting to hear a female voice on Axl's vocals. A couple of pointers if I may? Just opinions as a musician...

1.) A little fast in places? Although you put your own mark and personalisation on a song, when you cover tracks, often they work best at the pace of the original. However, again an interesting touch.

2.) Lola, your voice is exceptionally clear throughout, but sometimes it seems a little....ymmm.... for the want of better words... slightly stilted and proper? But all words can be heard, even on live recordings, so maybe it's a good thing.

Keep up the good work :)

Nope. Interesting idea though. Also, your lead guitarist could be better.

Care to clarify? I dont actually get much feedback on the recordings or live stuff. So please feel free to slate my playing as much as you want as long as you actually point out what you think needs to be better.

To comment on some previous posts ... The rhythm guitar in the recordings was made quiet for some reason. The guitar tone for the rhythm was a little ear splitting but still not sure why it was cut out almost entirely.

And for whoever wanted to know about my pickups they are just SD '59 and JB models. Pretty conventional rock set up.

As far as original songs went we tried that in the past but thought its better to just concentrate on the GnR ones with this band and start our own original bands that suit our style better. We all want to write different stuff when it comes down to it.

Genia

Nope. Interesting idea though. Also, your lead guitarist could be better.

Care to clarify? I dont actually get much feedback on the recordings or live stuff. So please feel free to slate my playing as much as you want as long as you actually point out what you think needs to be better.

To comment on some previous posts ... The rhythm guitar in the recordings was made quiet for some reason. The guitar tone for the rhythm was a little ear splitting but still not sure why it was cut out almost entirely.

And for whoever wanted to know about my pickups they are just SD '59 and JB models. Pretty conventional rock set up.

As far as original songs went we tried that in the past but thought its better to just concentrate on the GnR ones with this band and start our own original bands that suit our style better. We all want to write different stuff when it comes down to it.

Genia

Awesome dude! I gotta SH4 JB in the bridge too. I'm grabbing a JCM 2000 DSL 401 all-valve soon - I was wondering what amps you guys (and girl in this case :P) were using live and in studio.

All o' you did a good job! You have a strong voice.. But I don't think its your style 2 sing this type o' songs... It sounds like you agonize.. :( And it seems like you can't handle the fair/light tones... It also seems like you're playing the songs faster :confused: ??? But keep up the good work! :)

мĵεÂħ

Thanks..but as I explained earler, the demo on the site is from over a year ago when we were just starting off - we know the songs a lot better nowadays having gigged a lot more since then!!

I love singing GnR, but at the end of the day this is just a starting point - my aim is to have my own successful originals band, but being in a tribute band is great experience for the real thing. So if there's anyone on here who's in the West Midlands area looking for a vocalists to write rock/metal stuff with, drop me a line.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to maybe cover some of the newest GnR material, well at least what's been leaked off Chinese Democracy. IRS, The Blues and Madagascar are awesome!! x rock3

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to WTTJ it was pretty good. Except a bit higher vocals on the last chorus would have been awesome, you go down where Axl goes up. I like Axl's way better. Oh and your guitarist play the intro wrong. Other than that, quite good!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! just wanted to say if anyone is around the West Mids area this weekend and fancies some live GnR, we are playing a couple of gigs in Coventry - Longford Engine on Friday night, and Hillfields Gala Day fest on Saturday. Check out the website for more info :)

x Lola

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
Hey! just wanted to say if anyone is around the West Mids area this weekend and fancies some live GnR, we are playing a couple of gigs in Coventry - Longford Engine on Friday night, and Hillfields Gala Day fest on Saturday. Check out the website for more info :)

x Lola

www.rocket-queen.co.uk

when ru coming to see me again Lola. We have unfinished backstage buisness to take care of ;)

Listened Jungle and PC.

Sorry hun, you're hot but your voice isnt really suited for GNR singing, not at all actually. Also your solo guitarist kinda sucks. PC was weird, the tempo changed when you guys got to the riff part :huh: