Dio and Black Sabbath fans

chicagocoma13

According to Blabbermouth Ronnie James Dio is writing new songs with Toni Iommi for a forthcoming Black Sabbath box set !!!! --the Dio Years. Also Dio is releasing a live DVD next week---Holy Diver Live. The set list includes Holy Diver start to finish, and other great songs like Heaven and Hell, Sign of the Southern Cross, and Mob Rules. Also in the set are some Rainbow songs---Tarot Woman, Man on a Silver MOuntain, Long Live Rock n Roll, and the Dio solo song We Rock. This all sounds killer to me !!!!!!!

I thought Sharon Osbourne had a contract that said anything recorded without Ozzy could never be called Black Sabbath again?

God I wish this woman would just go away. The box set WILL happen. It has been in the works for a while. I didn't know they would record new music which I'm pretty exited about.

yep, Dio showed fans there was life after Deep Purple, and there was life after Ozzy.

I wanna get this.

Dio was never in Deep Purple :rolleyes: , unless you were talking about Richie Blackmore

Dio worked with Richie after Richie left Deep Purple. It all ties in together.

ok long story short.

- Dio was in Elf, Elf opened for Deep Purple on tour, Ritchie liked him.

- Ritchie quit Purple after one funky song too many. Starts new band with Dio, calls it Rainbow.

- Deep Purple disbands after one miserable failiure of an album without Blackmore.

- Rainbow goes on long after Purple is gone, showing fans that there was life after Deep Purple for Blackmore, in no small part thanks to Ronnie James Dio.

yep, Dio showed fans there was life after Deep Purple, and there was life after Ozzy.

I wanna get this.

Dio was never in Deep Purple :rolleyes: , unless you were talking about Richie Blackmore

Dio worked with Richie after Richie left Deep Purple. It all ties in together.

ok long story short.

- Dio was in Elf, Elf opened for Deep Purple on tour, Ritchie liked him.

- Ritchie quit Purple after one funky song too many. Starts new band with Dio, calls it Rainbow.

- Deep Purple disbands after one miserable failiure of an album without Blackmore.

- Rainbow goes on long after Purple is gone, showing fans that there was life after Deep Purple for Blackmore, in no small part thanks to Ronnie James Dio.

I know the fuckin history of Rainbow, don't patronize me. it just seemed as if you were refering to Dio as being in Deep Purple before joining Rainbow. I even put "unless you were talking about Richie Blackmore" on my origional post so you know that I knew about fuckin' balckmore being in purple.

According to Blabbermouth Ronnie James Dio is writing new songs with Toni Iommi for a forthcoming Black Sabbath box set !!!! --the Dio Years. Also Dio is releasing a live DVD next week---Holy Diver Live. The set list includes Holy Diver start to finish, and other great songs like Heaven and Hell, Sign of the Southern Cross, and Mob Rules. Also in the set are some Rainbow songs---Tarot Woman, Man on a Silver MOuntain, Long Live Rock n Roll, and the Dio solo song We Rock. This all sounds killer to me !!!!!!!

dosen't sound killer to me....

dio made sabbath less than half as good

why do you think blizzard of oz supremely outsold heaven and hell?

it's like vr trying to outsell gnr

roger waters outselling pink floyd

the jelvins outselling the dead kennedys

dennis deyoung outselling styx

joe perry outselling aerosmith

jerry cantrell outselling alice in chains(not exactly)

you get the point

Whatever. Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are better than a good few of the Ozzy Era albums.

Infact, better than a LOT of Ozzy's solo albums.

They cannot even touch diary or blizzard or tribute

the core blizard duo of rhoads and ozzy smacks the iommi and dio duo across the face and says "You lose"

and you even say "Speak of the devil" i'll note that album was a contract filler after ozzy's depression of losing rhoads

That's cool, makes me wish I was a fan. I just could never take Dio seriously.

if you look past all the dungeons and dragons imagery, he's really just telling life lessons. there's really a cool message in most of his songs. especially in the Black Sabbath era. people think it's satanic because they take it at face value, when really the guy spouts off beliefs that any minister would tell his own kids. RJD is a very intelligent man and i respect him a great deal.

Whatever. Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are better than a good few of the Ozzy Era albums.

Anythings better thsn Ozzy's solo albums.

I just could never take Dio seriously.

I think the fact he's so very dull is why I dont like him.

Genesis, you come across as quite the musical elitist. what do you consider "good music"? i've always wanted to know. you seem to think everything sucks.

Genesis, you come across as quite the musical elitist. what do you consider "good music"? i've always wanted to know. you seem to think everything sucks.

I have my moments dear