Question about Ebay

adnan

Well, I've only ever bought 2 items off it, and I just bought a GN'R tshirt, the one with the globe imbedded into the star...

Well, the seller hasn't replied to my emails and I have these two questions:

- Is 96.0 % positive feedback good enough?

- If I don't receive the tshirt after about 3 weeks, can I get a refund or help from Ebay/PayPal, and how do I go about getting this?

Thanks in advance,

A.

If you don't receive it then yes you can file a report. If you made your pmt via paypal, you can submit a report thru them.

How many positives do they have total? I generally try not to go lower than 98%, but I do go in and read what the negs were.

They've been a member since 04, and have 63 negs in the last year, but over a 1500 positives.... :blink:

If you don't receive it then yes you can file a report. If you made your pmt via paypal, you can submit a report thru them.

How many positives do they have total? I generally try not to go lower than 98%, but I do go in and read what the negs were.

They've been a member since 04, and have 63 negs in the last year, but over a 1500 positives.... :blink:

wow, 63 negs in the last year? What were they for? Not shipping items, or what?

Well, I've only ever bought 2 items off it, and I just bought a GN'R tshirt, the one with the globe imbedded into the star...

Well, the seller hasn't replied to my emails and I have these two questions:

- Is 96.0 % positive feedback good enough?

- If I don't receive the tshirt after about 3 weeks, can I get a refund or help from Ebay/PayPal, and how do I go about getting this?

Thanks in advance,

A.

Firstly, I personally wouldnt buy off anyone with only 96% positive. However, if you bought via Paypal, file a claim with Paypal and you will get your money refunded - they always side with the buyer, especially if he only has 96% pos.

Also, claim with ebay - item not received dispute and take it from there in terms of ebay. This can help you to get some stuff out of the seller - like a reply to your emails. You will see that there is an option to do this in the drop down menu in the place where all the buying details are for the item in "My Ebay". However, as I said, if youve paid using Paypal and no reply to emails after one week of having paid, and still no item - I'd lodge a claim. The seller then has 3 choices; 1. send your item knowing that they were honest in the description of it so that you will close the claim with Paypal. 2. Not send, or send crappy misrepresented item and Paypal will take the money back off them anyway and give it back to you. 3. Refund your money himself, to save himself the embarrassment of the claim going thru anyway.

Lesson - dont buy from anyone with feedback this bad and if you must, only pay using Paypal.

Luvaxl4eva is 100% corrrect. Reading the Neg feedback does help too - what is the general problem? Here's a link so that you can type in the sellers ebay name, and view ONLY all of the negative and neutal feedback, it's easier than going thru all of it.

Click Here

Edited by xxAmandaxx

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I ordered like a shit load of cd's off of ebay. This guy was pissin around..not sendin me the shit I paid. I pestered him through e-mail for like a month in a half. Then I threatned him with the law....package was in next week.

J.Walker

I had the same problem and he had a good rating. I paid a lot for some vids and he wouldn't send them, I got hold of his phone no. and he abused me calling me a dirty foreigner! (I'm from London) but I bugged him with emails and phone calls and threats and I got my stuff.

My advice would be always read the negs - they give you an idea of who you might be dealing with.

Luv 2 all

Well, I ordered like a shit load of cd's off of ebay. This guy was pissin around..not sendin me the shit I paid. I pestered him through e-mail for like a month in a half. Then I threatned him with the law....package was in next week.

J.Walker

I had the same problem and he had a good rating. I paid a lot for some vids and he wouldn't send them, I got hold of his phone no. and he abused me calling me a dirty foreigner! (I'm from London) but I bugged him with emails and phone calls and threats and I got my stuff.

My advice would be always read the negs - they give you an idea of who you might be dealing with.

Luv 2 all

always read the negative

J.Walker

Luv 2 all

always read the negative

Yep. That's what it's 'there for'. Be guided by others. However, agree, you never really know do you?

What pisses me off about eBay is when a seller is really nice to you when your showning interest in there item.. answering all your questions etc... Then once you've won the item they act like an ass and are really unhelpful!

Also I think it should be a rule that the Seller leaves feedback to the buyer once they have paid, the buyer has done there job.. but they don't they wait until you give them feedback.

I could go on and on about eBay pissing me off...........

What pisses me off about eBay is when a seller is really nice to you when your showning interest in there item.. answering all your questions etc... Then once you've won the item they act like an ass and are really unhelpful!

Also I think it should be a rule that the Seller leaves feedback to the buyer once they have paid, the buyer has done there job.. but they don't they wait until you give them feedback.

I TOTALLY agree with you FYE - it makes my blood boil when they won't leave feedback until you do. :anger: Surely once you've ordered and paid they then have the info to leave feedback. I also could spend several days moaning about ebay!

well i got over 231 feedback and its all postive. but i sell quite a bit. i've only ever left 1 negative feedback. and that was because i hadent recived it a month after i won the item and when i recived it he had posted the item the day after i left negative feedback.

and i've left 1 neutral coz i baught 3 dvds and he wouldent combine postage. <_<

but generaly ebay is very easy to use

I TOTALLY agree with you FYE - it makes my blood boil when they won't leave feedback until you do. :anger: Surely once you've ordered and paid they then have the info to leave feedback. I also could spend several days moaning about ebay!

Yeah same here.. eBay is a sore subject right now :angry:

if you have problems just contact ebay and they will make the seller shift his arse. or you could sue them

if you have problems just contact ebay and they will make the seller shift his arse. or you could sue them

At the moment the seller is just being unhelpful and making me feel like i'm a pain in the ass cause I ask him questions about his item.

Well I can speak on this from very recent personal experience. Bottom line is this - finally filed a claim through Paypal - I would recommend to always use Paypal for outside the states - unless it's a highly trusted private seller or commercial vendor like EIL. Anyways, I only had 80% of the amount refunded - Paypal claims that's all they could get. Still, not bad. Yeah, check the feedback - not just the amont of negatives - read them - sometimes it's not such a negative thing at all - often times it has been worked out. Another thing to remember - sometimes you gotta take a chance in life. For example, if I saw the box set Top Hat Volume 1 or 2 being sold by a seller with 90% positives, I would still buy it. Get what I'm saying here?

Well I can speak on this from very recent personal experience. Bottom line is this - finally filed a claim through Paypal - I would recommend to always use Paypal for outside the states - unless it's a highly trusted private seller or commercial vendor like EIL. Anyways, I only had 80% of the amount refunded - Paypal claims that's all they could get. Still, not bad. Yeah, check the feedback - not just the amont of negatives - read them - sometimes it's not such a negative thing at all - often times it has been worked out. Another thing to remember - sometimes you gotta take a chance in life. For example, if I saw the box set Top Hat Volume 1 or 2 being sold by a seller with 90% positives, I would still buy it. Get what I'm saying here?

Not necessarily. If the seller with 90%, only has that level of positive feedback out of hundreds of transactions, I would not bid no matter what, the seller would have to be a person not to enter into a transaction with. Also, read the feedback cause if they only have a small number of transactions and the neg/s is say retalitation feedback it's ok, I'd bid. That is to say, a person with a total of say 30 feedback that has 90% may only have one neg and that may have been from a non paying bidder, so the circumstances really need to be weighed up each time.

However - imo, if a seller with questionable feedback is selling DVD's, there's a really good chance that the neg feedback is gonna say, that the DVD's arent the real deal....beware!!