Is Axl Seriously Not At These Rehearsals?

D-GenerationX

I've seen it intimated in a few threads that the band itself has been rehearsing...but without their lead singer.

Do we have a basis for this? Or are we just speculating because we all know Axl hates rehearsing and has always skipped them in the past??

If this is true, a lot of my hope for this tour is out the window. I was taking solace in the fact the band actually seemed to want to be ready this time around and not look like they are doing this by the seat of their pants. Can that be without practicing as a unit??

I'm also concerned about Axl. With all the rumblings about his voice not being what it used to be, can he really afford to be coming in late on songs and not being able to hit notes??

I've seen it intimated in a few threads that the band itself has been rehearsing...but without their lead singer.

Do we have a basis for this? Or are we just speculating because we all know Axl hates rehearsing and has always skipped them in the past??

If this is true, a lot of my hope for this tour is out the window. I was taking solace in the fact the band actually seemed to want to be ready this time around and not look like they are doing this by the seat of their pants. Can that be without practicing as a unit??

I'm also concerned about Axl. With all the rumblings about his voice not being what it used to be, can he really afford to be coming in late on songs and not being able to hit notes??

even if he isnt at the rehearsals he dosent need to be coz they are his songs

But I think from a sheer standpoint of getting their timing down and being tight they'd be better off if he were there.

The dude has played something like 25 dates in the past five years. I don't think a few hours a day would kill him...and I also think the benfits are too great to ignore for down the road.

It'd still help to make sure everything goes right.

See, I totally agree with Wildrose.

Think of if like a play. Even if you know all your lines, the production is better off in the long run if you rehearse with the cast to make sure everything is ship shape.

Do you know what I have flashback of, much to my horror? Rock In Rio II's first night. Maybe the worst Axl performance ever. Fucking up the lyrics, coming in at the wrong spot, just really ametuerish sounding.

I'd like to avoid that this time around. Less margin for error. I'm afraid the reviewrs will be all over his shit if it sounds like he is unprepared.

Doesn't matter, you still need to get them down with the band you're about to go on stage with. It's only professional to prepare like that. I doubt Axl is though. I mean we have seen pictures of him in NY pretty recent one's...... :no:

As far as I am concerned, Axl has invested too many years of his life in this project to go out and half ass it.

I would think he wants to go out and blow people away.

This is a guy with a persecution complex as big as the great outdoors and chips on both shoulders. I can't imagine he wants anything else but to come out and kick some major ass.

I just hope he does. REALLY hope he does.

Well... then I hope he practise alot at his own. ya know, that kind of singing that Axl's pulling is far from soft on your throat. You really need to have your voice (and control over it) in great shape to be able to sing Guns songs for more then some 10 minutes to avoid loosing your voice for the evening.

Whatever he thinks. He needs to attend to rehersals. Imho, every member of a band should be on every rehersal (of course, that's not always possible, but when it's doable) the result of the rehersal is so much better if you have the full band. You feel you can cooperate with your band-mates so much more if you'd rehersed alot with them. You knows what they'll do, which is soo important if you wanna be able to improvise live.

just my take.

There is no basis, everbody is just speculating like they know something, then it turns into a rumor and voila a new thread started. :shocked: Of course he is rehearsing with the band, a singer has to have a 'feel' with the musicains and vice versa.

because we all know Axl hates rehearsing and has always skipped them in the past??

thats another new one, we know nothing, some skipped? sure, even the other members skipped too, every band does. Skipping ALL/ most, don't think so,

He's probably not there, he doesn't go to many, never did. At this point though, maybe unlike Rio III days, the band is set to go without him. Someone else sings the vocal parts, but their parts are etched in their minds like their names by now. As to Axl's perfectionism, he does that part on the record. Tapes are listened to, parts told to one guy to fix and do like "this", lot's of communication, etc. He still doesn't actually show up with the musicians, lol, but he surely takes his time in making sure he gets what he wants....um,...yeah, surely is the word. At that point it's just doing your parts as you finally did on record. Learn the record. The "let's add this to this song", and "let's end this one like this" aside, that's all it is.

AND: They are mostly having fun rippin' old Stones songs anyway, since Axl isn't there, so you'll ruin the fun if Axl starts showing up, so SHHH!

;)

Edited by axlskAmpf

I hope it isn't true.

Just because he's a world-class singer and song-writer does not give anyone lease to skip practicing. As they say, practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. I want this tour to blow my fucking face apart.

Here's to you, Axl, shine on.

I bet the band is playing laser tag or something in there.....I mean, come on! They're in a freakin' airport hanger. They're definitely playing laser tag.

Then Axl walks in and is all "WTF" and gets pissed because they're not practicing. He punishes them by canceling the tour. Then we're all like "WTF"!

Of course he needs to rehearse with the new band. And it's pretty obvious that he didn't in 2002. I honestly believe that all his complaining about feedback in his ear piece was due to a lack of confidence - in his own ability and in his ability to sing with the new band. He was coming in late on most of the songs and missing obvious cues. At the VMAs it wasn't just that his voice that sounded terrible - he came in late on both the WTTJ verses; he fucked up the seemingly improvised outro on WTTJ; he was blantantly out of key throughout Paradise City and found it blatantly difficult to sing the outro over Buckhead's shredding guitar.

For all the idiots who don't think he needs to rehearse with the new band, just watch the 2002 VMAs!

Edited by Appetite For Waiting

If Axl is out of practice, he can rehearse at home alone. He doesn't need the other guys.

He is GNR.

ZINGO!!!

and who are all these 12 year olds that all-of-a-sudden Deem what people NEED to do?????

"IF your mommy still calls you to dinner......shut the fuck UP" Rob Zombie (my paraphrase)

I bet the band is playing laser tag or something in there.....I mean, come on! They're in a freakin' airport hanger. They're definitely playing laser tag.

Then Axl walks in and is all "WTF" and gets pissed because they're not practicing. He punishes them by canceling the tour. Then we're all like "WTF"!

yeah... probably... well... atleast... laser tag is really fun. :)

Axl IS NOT at rehearsals because he's too involved in checking out tour buses.

See........here is a picture of him testing out the comfort level of his tour bus

schoolbus-734394.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Hmmmmm.....a Yellow religious bus????? must be starting a new cult....like David Blaine............

"what WAS that fucking dress code????"

W