stinson on air tonight

slääsh

when thay come back, they will hit him with"come on man, just give us something: and of course, tommy will reply with"i can, if i say anything, Axl will oraly castrate me" :P

...i have been listening since 6:45 for this.....

Fuck Tommy-what a waste of time.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when thay come back, they will hit him with"come on man, just give us something: and of course, tommy will reply with"i can, if i say anything, Axl will oraly castrate me" :P

...i have been listening since 6:45 for this.....

Fuck Tommy-what a waste of time.

it's your fault not his,................ i liked it, he's a funny bastard!, nice interview tommy!.

later all.

i heard the end of the interview here, was ANYTHING said about G N R????????????????????????

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT SOUL ASYLUM??????????????

He said nothing about Guns except"I'm in that to, but I don't wanna talk about it"

i heard the end of the interview here, was ANYTHING said about G N R????????????????????????

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT SOUL ASYLUM??????????????

He said nothing about Guns except"I'm in that to, but I don't wanna talk about it"

What a fucking joke, Soul Asylum didn't even sell as many albums collectively as Guns did on The Spaghetti incident, or there abouts LOL

Geez... how could any half-intelligent jock get Tommy on his show and not ask a single question about GNR? The jock should be taken out back, tarred and feathered, and denied the right to ever host a radio show again.

*shakes head* .... .

Geez... how could any half-intelligent jock get Tommy on his show and not ask a single question about GNR? The jock should be taken out back, tarred and feathered, and denied the right to ever host a radio show again.

*shakes head* .... .

Tommy had to say dont ask me anything about gnr thats the way. but its shame oh well looks like we will have to wait till rio.

*shakes head* .... .

Tarred and feathered? :lol:

I didn't listen to the interview, but having read everyone's comments, I have to say i'm sorely dissappointed with the outcome. He was on the show for what... over three hours? Not a single noteable thing about Guns?

= :sleeper: x 100

... Tommy had to say dont ask me anything about gnr thats the way. but its shame oh well looks like we will have to wait till rio.

But the jock didn't even ask! :monkey:

And it's not like Tommy was doing the guy a favor by being on the show. Tommy was on the show for the publicity and promotion it would give him with his upcoming shows. So, the jock was in the "driver's seat" and could have asked anything - but he didn't. It was ridiculous. <_<

Well... I'm in that too

This part really annoys me. Sounds like he could give a rat's ass about it.

And this surprises you? He did this all the time when he was hunting for a solo record deal - which coincidentally Axl helped him get.

So -- do you still wonder why I take shots at Tommy sometimes?

You've got to figure that one of the stipulations of Tommy appearing on the show tonight was that the interviewer would refrain from any GNR comments/questions. Tommy seemed set on discussing anything but his involvment with GNR. Also, it seems more than likely that Tommy's sole purpose on being on the show was discuss his participation in Soul Asylum, and little else. If GNR was a topic allowed in the conversation, do you think much if any time would be given to Soul Asylum? I doubt it.

All the same, it's disappointing that nothing was said. At least he's still in the band. THen again, perhaps may be that's a point of contention. Perhaps his involvement with GNR is questionable at this point. Who knows (and thanks to tonight, we know very little more).

Cheers,

Andrew

You've got to figure that one of the stipulations of Tommy appearing on the show tonight was that the interviewer would refrain from any GNR comments/questions. Tommy seemed set on discussing anything but his involvment with GNR. Also, it seems more than likely that Tommy's sole purpose on being on the show was discuss his participation in Soul Asylum, and little else. If GNR was a topic allowed in the conversation, do you think much if any time would be given to Soul Asylum? I doubt it. ...

But this doesn't make sense. Tommy needed the publicity and promotion - more than the jock needed Tommy on the show. As a result, the jock was in the driver's seat and could have easily stipulated that Tommy would have to answer some questions about GNR if he appeared on the show. He could have made that stipulation a requisite to prevent the jock from looking like an ass for not asking anything about GNR. I mean - honestly - it makes the jock look really dense - as if he wasn't even aware Tommy was in GNR.

Or maybe he didn't want to talk about Guns, because things between him and the band are not good right now. Maybe he is considering leaving. It isn't like he has no where to go (Soul Asylum, reunion of Replacements, solo records, etc.). It is a long shot reason, but given his silence it certainly can't be dismissed as a possibility.

You know what?

The only thing that I got from the interview was that Axl IS GNR.

And when I say GNR, I mean the new GNR.

Look at the original band.

Back then, you think an interview with SLash or Duff would have been this pathetic?

The original GNR was a band.

They wouldn't have needed Axl's permission to talk about their band.

"Yeah, I'm in GNR but I can't talk about it." :rolleyes:

This GNR is just Axl.

It's such a pity it's he who owns the GNR name.

Chances of a reunion are pretty slim at this point seeing how Axl treats his members.

Who'd want to work with a There Was A Time like that?

Yeah, the DJ probably should have asked.

And Tommy could have been more talkative about GNR.

But this isn't the problem.

Don't blame Tommy.

Don't blame the DJ.

The fact is, this shouldn't even be an issue.

Thanks Axl.

You got what you wanted.

:fuckyou:

Well, I have just waisted 6 hours of my life for this brainless interview.

Going to sleep now... -->

Glad you finally saw it for it was -- and for Tommy - the way he is rather than the way you wish he was.

He's a lot better on bass than Duff.

:blink: You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry, but Tommy has nothing on Duff - not in terms of skill, creativity, chemistry, stage presence - or image.

I agree High.

Tommy can't hold a candle to Duff - not in his deepest darkest dreams.

Good one, but the April Fool's day was like two weeks ago.

You've got to admit that your talking straight out of your ass here and this assures that you have barely seen any 2002 bootlegs. Or then you just don't know anything about bass. Any hardcore fan gotta admit that Duff was sloppy. He's improved though...

And if you know anything about music - then you would know that technique alone doesn't make a great musician. There will always be more talented people out there in any profession - but they don't necessarily make it to the top. Aside from talent, you need chemistry, heart and soul when it comes to music. Without these attributes, the music comes off bland. ... Slash is a perfect example. Many consider him to be an awesome guitarist -- not just because of his talent - but because he has the whole "package" - the chemistry and the soul.

Duff more talented than Tommy? Just put Village Gorilla Head next to Believe in Me.. its clear Tommy is a much stronger all around musican. I have nothing but respect for the guy, and he's been loyal to Axl for nearly 8 years now. Thats not to take anything away from Duff, the guy is a legend.. but Tommy is a better musician.