NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This venue seems to hold about what the HOB held, and I couldn't get tickets for that right off. My father in law found some on Ebay and paid, I think, about 300 dollars for one. You will not be likely to get tickets, so what I would do, is try to not talk about this as much as possible outside of here until you have your tickets in hand.

Wish I could be there, but it's a long walk from Alaska.

Here is what they did in 91 in NYC..

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY

opening act: Raging Slab

set: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, Paradise City, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, You Could Be Mine, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], My Michelle, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle

audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]

notes: The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

set: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, Paradise City, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, You Could Be Mine, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], My Michelle, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle

notes: The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

I wonder if there'll be a video filmed at these NYC gigs??

I wonder if there'll be a video filmed at these NYC gigs??

they will probably be filming for videos. aslo, i can see them releasing this like they intended to release HOB 01/01/01

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528705/2...?headlines=true

Before Axl Rose's current incarnation of Guns N' Roses heads to Europe for a string of festival appearances, the band will perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, according to concert promoter Live Nation.

Tickets for

both shows — set for May 15 and 17 — will set fans back $63 and go on sale April 21 at 10 a.m. Doors open for both nights at 7:30 p.m. There's no word yet on who might be opening for Guns N' Roses, or whether there will be an opener at all.

Velvet Revolver kitman Matt Sorum, who was also a member of Guns N' Roses, wrote in his online blog that he'd had a recent run-in with Rose while in New York, where the drummer performed with Camp Freddy, an all-star cover band featuring ex-Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro; Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell; Revolver's Scott Weiland and Duff McKagan; Moby; Gina Gershon; Shooter Jennings; and former Fuel frontman Brett Scallions also played with the band that evening (see "Velvet Revolver Bassist Promises 'Stinky' Pharrell Collabo").

Sorum said he spotted Axl at a party. "I hadn't seen him in at least six years," he wrote. "I walked over and said 'Hello.' We shook hands and it was pleasant. Later that evening, I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village where Axl was again. We spoke for quite some time, and it was nice to clear some things up. I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all" (see "Axl Files Suit Against Slash, Lashes Out At Ex-Bandmates"). "It was an all-around good vibe, I think."

Guns N' Roses are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

In February, several songs said to be from the Chinese Democracy sessions leaked online (see "Are Guns N' Roses Finally Coming Back? The Signs Are There ..."). There's still no word on when Rose's decade-in-the-making LP will see release.

The two New York concerts will be Guns N' Roses first American shows in more than three years. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

— Chris Harris

Guest JohnUlmer

I looked it up on Mapquest. It would take about three hours for me to drive there. I may actually get a chance to see Guns N' Roses this year. Holy fucking shit. :o

I'm going to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale on the 21st. I'll be at my computer ready to click "order."