Stinson over Duff?

Rattlesnake Suitcase

After yesterdays fiasco of a radio interview with Tommy Stinson, where the part-time G'n'R mercenary refused to even talk about Guns and instead gushed about his solo work and gig in SOUL ASYLUM, the question has to be asked, should he be fired and the door be reopened for the most loyal and last to leave original member of the band, Michael 'Duff' McKagan to come back in?

Let's not forget Duff (who has shown respect to Axl by not getting involved in the recent pissing match) co-wrote such seminal Guns songs as 'It's so Easy', 'Nightrain', 'Paradise City', 'Civil War' and 'Dust n Bones', is an accomplished lyricist, guitar player, pianist and drummer and of course has great stage presence with that low slung bass playing deep in the pocket as he so aptly puts it... or should Stinson, who has obviously used Axl to gain a solo recording contract which Rose got him, openly stated that he doesn't like G'n'R's older music and is now promoting and playing as a fully fledged member of Soul Asylum while the rest of Guns are busy preparing for the European shows be allowed to compromise the integrity of the band we have held in our hearts for so long (well some of us)...

Edited by Rattlesnake Suitcase

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After yesterdays fiasco of a radio interview with Richard Stinson, where the part-time G'n'R mercenary refused to even talk about Guns and instead gushed about his solo work and gig in SOUL ASYLUM, the question has to be asked, should he be fired and the door be reopened for the most loyal and last to leave original member of the band, Michael 'Duff' McKagan to come back in?

Let's not forget Duff (who has shown respect to Axl by not getting involved in the recent pissing match) co-wrote such seminal Guns songs as 'It's so Easy', 'Nightrain', 'Paradise City', 'Civil War' and 'Dust n Bones', is an accomplished lyricist, guitar player, pianist and drummer and of course has great stage presence with that low slung bass playing deep in the pocket as he so aptly puts it... or should Stinson, who has obviously used Axl to gain a solo recording contract which Rose got him, openly stated that he doesn't like G'n'R's older music and is now promoting and playing as a fully fledged member of Soul Asylum while the rest of Guns are busy preparing for the European shows be allowed to compromise the integrity of the band we have held in our hearts for so long (well some of us)...

T. Stinson NOT allowed to talk about Band.........(GnR)

and the last statement, he IS still in GnR.....OFFICIALLY

W.

Duff was definatly more loyal than stinson ever will be

whats tommy done to say he will be disloyal?

he hasent done anything and i edited my original post

Thanx Siscool...........

also Kudos to Capt. Kangaroo!!!

Duff would rejoin GNR in a second. To me, he had far better stasge presence than Stinson and he was a truly nice guy to boot. But the way I see it is this: Stinson has the choice of been a two-bit solo artist, playing shitty songs in small arenas (at best) without any hope of recognition. Or, he could play bass in a band that only has to rear its head to command world-wide attention and stadium gigs. I don't know which I'd choose? :rolleyes:

Anyway got that interview?

Duff was definatly more loyal than stinson ever will be

Tommy has shown alot of loyalty to Axl - loads infact.

I really like Tommy's live playing. Duff was a great player, but was often too pissed to play as well as he should have done. I think I liked VGH and Believe in Me about the same.

R.

Duff would rejoin GNR in a second. To me, he had far better stasge presence than Stinson and he was a truly nice guy to boot. But the way I see it is this: Stinson has the choice of been a two-bit solo artist, playing shitty songs in small arenas (at best) without any hope of recognition. Or, he could play bass in a band that only has to rear its head to command world-wide attention and stadium gigs. I don't know which I'd choose? :rolleyes:

He can also plan a Replacements reunion, which would be welcomed.

Stinson is Miles better and much entertaining on stage!

Duff is a fucking tool!

man its dumb asses like this guy that makes me regret ever joining this forum.

Agreed, but you have to realise that the majority of people on here are teens that don't know any better. To them, Nirvana and the original G 'n' R are virtual 'rock dinosaurs'. :monkey:

Duff is a fucking tool!

fuck off then.........fucking ass clown, i'm way too tired!, duff and tommy both rule, whats so hard about that>?>..........

Duff---the most overated bass player i ever heard---and yes Tommy runs circles around him as far as skill

Not overrated because he himself states that he plays 'in the pocket', which is the perfect way to play for Guns and any true rockin band. You obviously don't know that Duff is actually a GUITAR player who realised that he would have to switch to bass when he moved to LA in order to even get in a band as the place was awash with wannabe guitarists. Smart move in hindsight. Besides this he's playing GUITAR alongside Jerry Cantrell in AIC this summer and that in itself proves the playing worth of the man. You cocksuckers really don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about on here. :anger: Try watching Duff command the stage in the intro to 'it's so easy' on old G'n'R live footage and opening the show for VR with his Suckertrain Blues intro. The guys a fucking living legend while Tommy Stinson is shit on my shoe in comparison. :fuckyou:

Duff is a fucking tool!

Seriously, how can anyone dislike Duff? He's as solid as they get across the board: writer, player, performer and friend/bandmate. Even if Slash reteamed with Axl, it would not feel like true GNR without Duff. And Axl and Duff always seemed to genuinely get along, law suit aside, so I don' t think there would be any personal issues there. Would be an easy fit, IMO...

Duff is a fucking tool!

Get the hell off this board.

A bit of fucking news........YOU DON'T OWN THIS BOARD.......(not directed in Funeral's direction)

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

W.

Duff is a fucking tool!

Then LEAVE, by all means.....go the fuck home.....you won't be missed!!!!

"what do scanners see?" That everthing will not be alright!

WARCHILD

Edited by warchild

I wouldn't lose any minute of sleep, if one day you get the fuck out of here, you idiot!

Duff is a fucking tool!

fuck off then.........fucking ass clown, i'm way too tired!, duff and tommy both rule, whats so hard about that>?>..........

you two punks crack me up. Why dont i post both of you guys' PM that u sent me when i posted IRS and Better thaking me and telling me you loved me.