Stinson over Duff?

Rattlesnake Suitcase

Guest RonMexico82

Lets look at it this way...if Axl offered any of you a place in the band would you accept it? Course you fucking would. But to say you would prefer Tommy over Duff is kinda getting ahead of yourself, wait until Chinese Democracy is out and then the real debate can begin. However if you want to praise Tommy for sticking with Axl then go ahead, its not like the position has got in the way of his other interests though is it?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but most of GNR fans don't give a shit about Tommy. FACT.

There I fixed your quote.

you people are fucking ignorant. you have NO respect for the band at all. Go watch your dvd's of the old band and go post in the original GNR section if thats all you care about. Some of us are fans of this band and do give a shit about Tommy.

Relax. They need to release a record first before fans give a shit about them. Can you blame fans for not caring as of now? They only know the old band and that is what they are familiar with, so ultimately they care about that band. A few bootlegs is not going to win over the fanbase, but a record will. Until that day arrives, the sentiment above is cannon with most fans imho.

The Fans already give a shit, or YOU and too many others wouldn't be here!!!! Ask the admins and mods

how many members we have now......do YOU contribute to help defray costs????

there are also HTGTH, and NUMEROUS other forums springing up online.......so yeah, people ARE

interested!!!

WARCHILD

"Head like a hole

black as a soul

I'd rather DIE than

to give YOU control"................NIN

I'd like to hear some of your stuff WarChild

You most probably Have already

Now I know youre full of shit.

No Warchild is right...you know that song "The Macarena." It spawned that awful dance routine. That is one of Warchilds. :rofl-lol:

semi-amusing but WRONG Iraqi-Breath......if you are over 12 you've heard me......maybe younger if you are INTO music.............real music.

Thanx,

the dammned warchild

Why cant you tell us your band name?

Sorry, but most of GNR fans don't give a shit about Tommy. FACT.

There I fixed your quote.

you people are fucking ignorant. you have NO respect for the band at all. Go watch your dvd's of the old band and go post in the original GNR section if thats all you care about. Some of us are fans of this band and do give a shit about Tommy.

Relax. They need to release a record first before fans give a shit about them. Can you blame fans for not caring as of now? They only know the old band and that is what they are familiar with, so ultimately they care about that band. A few bootlegs is not going to win over the fanbase, but a record will. Until that day arrives, the sentiment above is cannon with most fans imho.

The Fans already give a shit, or YOU and too many others wouldn't be here!!!! Ask the admins and mods

how many members we have now......do YOU contribute to help defray costs????

there are also HTGTH, and NUMEROUS other forums springing up online.......so yeah, people ARE

interested!!!

WARCHILD

"Head like a hole

black as a soul

I'd rather DIE than

to give YOU control"................NIN

Most of the fans are here because this forum is about guns n roses. As of now Guns N Roses have released the following albums: AFD, LIES, UYI 1 & 2, TSI, LIVE ERA, and Greatest Hits. Did Tommy Stinson or anyone from the new band play on those records? No Right? Ok then that explains why people here are attached to the old band. That's all they know and that's all that has been released under the GnR moniker.

The day that changes and you have Chinese Democracy in your hands, then you can claim fans are coming here because of the new band.

Honestly, who outside this forum even knows who the fuck Tommy Stinson is? And I ask that in utmost sincerity. Most casual fans aren't even aware that the band has broken up or that an entirely new lineup is going to be releasing a record under the guns n roses name.

I did not join mygnrforum because of the new band. I trust a vast majority of the members here didn't join up for that reason either.

i think it would be best for all interests if tommy fucked off and let duff back in.

the only reason he even left was because nothing was happening whatsoever.

now with everything goin on he would probably be back in a second.

its possible brain left with buckethead in the first place which would make sense seeing how they came in together (unless i stand corrected.)

but theyre just drummers they arent that important :P

(although anyone would prefer matt or popcorn adler im sure)

Slash has an opening spot where bucket was.

i think the only way to have slash back in would be if tommy fucked off so he could come in with duff.

Let's stay on topic guys.

If you want to chat or call each other names, please use the pm system.

Thanx Madison!!

get my PM?

On Topic!

The band will choose the Bass player, not a fan forum......and Duff "borrowed" the dogchain look from none other

than sid Vicious.... rip.

So. WHO is going to be at show to see the bass player????? anybody ??????

plans???

Dr.Warchild M.D.

Even madison thinks duff is a better bass player than tommy

when did she say that.

HA! Madison's Perfect show would be a double bill with NIN AND GnR..............

Trent has changed........!!!

STINSON IS BASS PLAYER FOR GNR

Stinson is Miles better and much entertaining on stage!

Duff is a fucking tool!

And I suppose you think buckethead is better then slash? No contest duff wins

Doesn't make a spark in the inferno of hell what you think.........GnR chooses GnR's Bassist!!

Don't like it? don't fucking listen!

The Dammned warchild

Duff is a fucking tool!

Doesn't make a spark in the inferno of hell what you think.........GnR chooses GnR's Bassist!!

The Dammned warchild

Warchild, I think you can say that until you're blue in the face...it just never ever sinks in with some people <_<

but theyre just drummers they arent that important :P

Three points on that:-

1. Try telling that to Robert Plant and Jimmy Page when John Bonham died.

2. Quote from Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) "Drummers are the fucking foundation of a rock band"

3. Guns n Roses were in limbo when Adler was fired, they were desperate to find a drummer to lay down the drums tracks for UYI 1 and 2 - Sorum stepped in and slammed them down in just over a month. The rest is history...

Know what you're talking about before you diss drummers in rock bands. :fuckyou:

OK, people, Duff is a lovely guy. Very honest, open and endearing. He had great stage presence, he obviously enjoyed every minute of being in GNR, and, to me at any rate, his presence on stage was as important as Slash's and Axl's. To me, GNR isn't GNR without Duff and Slash. But that's beside the point. Much as it pains me to admit it, Duff's bass-playing was not even approaching good. He could write some catchy bass riffs, but when it came to putting in a good bass line, he often just copied Axl's vocal melodies - a bit like Buckethead does in TWAT!!!!

Anyway, Stinson is the current bassist and Duff is still in VR. Surely that puts this discussion to bed?

AXL will choose who he wants that is final. not everyone will like it but you gotta live with it if you like gnr

FUCKIN A' SISCOOL..........

and drummer dude.......Keith Moon, you left him out......

WAY TA GO SISCOOL!!!!!!

the crucified WARchild

Duff is a fucking tool!

The Dammned warchild

Warchild, I think you can say that until you're blue in the face...it just never ever sinks in with some people <_<

OH GOD DAMN......now I'm a smurf......blue in the face!!!!!!!

see ya in dublin sweets :heart:

know why the easter bunny hides his eggs? doesn't want anybody to know he's been fucking chickens!!!!

:rolleyes:

Da Crucified WARchild

AXL will choose who he wants that is final. not everyone will like it but you gotta live with it if you like gnr

WAY TA GO SISCOOL!!!!!!

the crucified WARchild

Duff is a fucking tool!

The Dammned warchild

know why the easter bunny hides his eggs? doesn't want anybody to know he's been fucking chickens!!!!

Da Crucified WARchild

:lol:

We getting a Warchild Easter thread then? Or is that only for very special occasions? ;)

You like this smily, huh? :rolleyes:

EDITED: I can't fucking spell!!!!!

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

WAY TA GO SISCOOL!!!!!!

the crucified WARchild

Duff is a fucking tool!

The Dammned warchild

Da Crucified WARchild

We getting a Warchild Easter thread then? Or is that only for very special occasions? ;)

You like this smily, huh?

EDITED: I can't fucking spell!!!!!

STINSON IS IN THE BAND.............

see anything goes...easter thread

:heart: