MGNRFORUM.com PreSale for NYC ??

gmsugaree

My thoughts are yeah these tickets are going to be impossible, not because of the obsessed fans like us who have been checking this board daily since December of 2002 waiting for a glimmer of hope, but because there are so many other people in New York City who are going to hear about this during the next week and just "Have to Go" - lots of us die-hards are certainly going to be shut out.

It seems like it is pretty easy for Ticketmaster and/or CC and/or management to set up pre-sales on TM.com a day before. how about requesting that they do one of the MYGNRFORUM member who have been registered before today at least... I"m sure management could request this and set it up so we all don't get shut out while NYC Yuppies toast Axl...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are yeah these tickets are going to be impossible, not because of the obsessed fans like us who have been checking this board daily since December of 2002 waiting for a glimmer of hope, but because there are so many other people in New York City who are going to hear about this during the next week and just "Have to Go" - lots of us die-hards are certainly going to be shut out.

It seems like it is pretty easy for Ticketmaster and/or CC and/or management to set up pre-sales on TM.com a day before. how about requesting that they do one of the MYGNRFORUM member who have been registered before today at least... I"m sure management could request this and set it up so we all don't get shut out while NYC Yuppies toast Axl...

i'm not sure gnr like us that much :rofl-lol:, with all the bitching and so on.

but yeah cool idea, i think your reaching tho, fuck i'd even go if my name was pulled out of the hat :P

Edited by aussie_axl

but yeah cool idea, i think your reaching tho, fuck i'd even go if my name was pulled out of the hat :P

You're full of shit man. You live in fucking Australia and can't even afford bus fare to the mall let alone a plane ticket to NYC! :rofl-lol:

You're full of shit man. You live in fucking Australia and can't even afford bus fare to the mall let alone a plane ticket to NYC! :rofl-lol:

yeah and you would know? about 4 and half grand for a trip to america and see guns play........ it's doable if you have a job you fucking bum! ...........you should try and get one when you leave school!.

Hey Rattlesnake Suitcase-whats your problem man? Why are you taking shots at him? That's fuckin rediculous! :fuckyou:

And of course I would have just recently relocated from the east coast to the west coast. :anger:

But, I can get a flight out of LA to NY pretty cheap. I can just forsee some high ticket prices on Ebay. True, the venue is small, but all the while a great venue. I saw the Black crowes there last year and out of the 4 shows of theirs that I saw last year....by far the best

Gotta bump this because it is a great idea and frankly the way it should be done. The real fans are the ones who get to go, not some asshole who just wants to be "seen".

I don't mean to over step my bounds, but is there any way for the various GN'R forums to pitch this idea to the Guns camp?

We should start a list like they have going around HTGTH. Basically we should start a list of members who are looking for tickets, and how many. THat way, members who will be able to get tickets can buy a bunch and hopefully sell extras to a member for a fair price

sorry if this has been discussed, but i just wanted to know if there is any promotion to help mygnr forum members get tickets easier for the nyc warm up shows.

No there isn't. And don't hold your hair's breath either...

madison

post Today, 07:29 PM

Post #197

FRONTMAN

Group Icon

Group: Admins

True.

But Merck told me he's looking into the possibility of offering some kind of pre-sale for GNR forum fans. He doesn't know if there's enough time to arrange one at this point - but he's looking into it.

madison

Post #197

FRONTMAN

Group Icon

True.

But Merck told me he's looking into the possibility of offering some kind of pre-sale for GNR forum fans. He doesn't know if there's enough time to arrange one at this point - but he's looking into it.

:o where was this posted???

Guest JohnUlmer
madison

Post #197

FRONTMAN

Group Icon

True.

I think that's fair, considering the band and its history.

Guest JohnUlmer
well, im kind of worried by this. how would this work. i would be really saddened if i couldnt go. me and a friend of mine have been planning this for 2 days and are expecting to get tickets for the 17th.

If we ARE offered a pre-sale -- which I doubt will even happen -- (and I'm assuming it would only be open to members who at least have a certain number of posts otherwise everyone would just register here to take advantage of the offer) then it'd be fairly easy.

If not, then I'm afraid we may have to do some ticket hunting on ebay. I heard Ticketmaster can be a bitch.

However, we may also be overestimating how many people are even going to be interested in going to see this show outside the GN'R fan circle. Not to say the first few shows won't sell...but it may be a repeat of '02 since they don't have an album to support.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I was hoping for some type of press release by now and a June deadline for the album. I'm still hoping for June, but I don't see it happening. Also, no Da Vinci Code song, which is unsettling since Axl supposedly told fans he was hoping to put a song on the soundtrack. Obviously that was always just a rumor open to change but I still had some amount of hope in it...

madison

Post #197

FRONTMAN

Group Icon

True.

:o where was this posted???

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=68296&st=195 page 14 second post.

well, im kind of worried by this. how would this work. i would be really saddened if i couldnt go. me and a friend of mine have been planning this for 2 days and are expecting to get tickets for the 17th.

If we ARE offered a pre-sale -- which I doubt will even happen -- (and I'm assuming it would only be open to members who at least have a certain number of posts otherwise everyone would just register here to take advantage of the offer) then it'd be fairly easy.

If not, then I'm afraid we may have to do some ticket hunting on ebay. I heard Ticketmaster can be a bitch.

However, we may also be overestimating how many people are even going to be interested in going to see this show outside the GN'R fan circle. Not to say the first few shows won't sell...but it may be a repeat of '02 since they don't have an album to support.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I was hoping for some type of press release by now and a June deadline for the album. I'm still hoping for June, but I don't see it happening. Also, no Da Vinci Code song, which is unsettling since Axl supposedly told fans he was hoping to put a song on the soundtrack. Obviously that was always just a rumor open to change but I still had some amount of hope in it...

these shows will sell out in minutes. as far as presale for forum members i doubt they 6 days before the tickets go on sale. Not enough time to figure that shit out. Ebay, Ticketbrokers, or just going to the hammerstein before the show and try and get one off a scalper. It is new york after all.

I e-mailed this to Merck:

Hey man, sorry to bother you, but a lot of my forum users have been asking me to

try and find out about the Hammerstein Tickets that are for sale on eBay, even though

they don't go on sale until Friday:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Is that Legal, to resell the tickets for 140 over face? And also, how do they have

them if they aren't on sale yet, and lastly, would you warn GNR fans against buying

the tickets from someone who claims to have them before they even go on sale.

Rock on man

- mike

thenewguns.com

--------------

His response:

There is no way anyone can have any tickets yet so they should avoid these people

at all costs as they will be rip offs. We are looking at putting together a presale

for members of all of the GN'R forums. No guarantees but we are looking at it.

-------

from rainX at thenewguns.com