MGNRFORUM.com PreSale for NYC ??

gmsugaree

by the way KBEAR...not sure if you have a car,but have you checked the flights out of Buffalo?

WAAAAAAY cheaper!

I got a car but I can't drive down to Buffalo if I work the day of the gig! If I work the earliest shift, hustle right up to Pearson from downtown Toronto, catch a flight, I will arrive about 7:45. Almost no time to spare!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh well, I'm thinkin' of doing something crazy. Since I can't get two days off work, I might take the early shift on the 17th. Get off at 4pm. Drive to the airport, then hopefully catch a 6 o'clock flight. Get in at 7:30 or so - is that enough time to make it for a 9pm start time? I'm guessing that the door should stay open until at least 9pm. I might get the shittiest seat in the house, but I don't care!

Then after the show take a morning flight back, get in at about 8:30 and go pretty much straight to work. With no sleep. :no:

But I'll try to pry at least the 18th off from work so that I don't have to rush back like that.

It's gonna suck ass if I can't go.

I wouldnt do this, there is always that chance the flight gets delayed or something

I don't think there's any other way for me to get down there.

hmmmmmm...don't forget you'll have to pass customs

...and travel in to the city

If it turns out there is an opening band...you might pull it off

Customs I would do in Toronto if I'm not mistaken. Leave work at 4pm. Get to Pearson by 5pm (I should be able to beat that actually). That's an hour and 15 mins until the flight leaves. Is this enough time?

As for travelling into the city, just how much time would it take to get from La Guardia to Hammerstein? I'm pretty sure someone here mentioned that that airport isn't too far away from the venue.

La Guardia is definitely closer...worst case scenario...if all your times are accurate,you might miss a few songs (but damn...it's GnR frikkin close up!)

but it just might work out for you..

any New Yorkers here with tips on the best way in to the city from LaGuardia?

Internet Presale Info

Guns N Roses:

Start:Thu, 04/20/06 09:00 AM EDT

End:Thu, 04/20/06 11:00 AM EDT

Radio/Live Nation:

Start:Thu, 04/20/06 11:00 AM EDT

End:Thu, 04/20/06 01:00 PM EDT

LIVE NATION PRESENTS

GUNS N' ROSES

NO CAMERAS / NO RE-ENTRY

HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

311 W.34TH STREET, NYC

MON MAY 15,'06 DRS 7:30PM

Gunsguy

Internet Presale Info

Guns N Roses:

Start:Thu, 04/20/06 09:00 AM EDT

End:Thu, 04/20/06 11:00 AM EDT

Radio/Live Nation:

Start:Thu, 04/20/06 11:00 AM EDT

End:Thu, 04/20/06 01:00 PM EDT

LIVE NATION PRESENTS

GUNS N' ROSES

NO CAMERAS / NO RE-ENTRY

HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

311 W.34TH STREET, NYC

MON MAY 15,'06 DRS 7:30PM

Gunsguy

Well, thankfully it doesn't list the password - the way CC did yesterday.

Question for those who have ordered tickets from Ticketmaster online before:

What's the deal with the ability to have the tickets delivered by e-mail and print them out? Can you just print them out on a normal piece of paper and take them to the box office? They'll take them like that????

any New Yorkers here with tips on the best way in to the city from LaGuardia?

Take a cab. You'll get there in around 15 minutes or so. GNR are going to come out way late anyway so as long as your flight lands, you'll make the show. LGA closes at midnight - after that flights land at JFK.