MGNRFORUM.com PreSale for NYC ??

gmsugaree

That would indeed be awesome, Im planning on getting tix and driving over from Detroit to New York to see GNR. Reason being is Im not sure how much longer they will be around. In 2002 I said that I would get to see tons of them, and needless to say 3 weeks later the tour bombed.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by chance this does pan out, which really shouldnt' be difficult to be set up with 5-6 days notice (I mean c'mon they do these pre-sales for radio stations for practically every major arena concert out there), I think the qualifications for who gets "PMed" the password should be anyone registered for at least a year, not necessarily number of posts. I say this b/c I've been hanging out here since the day after MSG 2002 when I had the greatest freakin time of my life and was instantly hungry for more GNR, but didn't post until about a year later and since just have been more of a daily visitor and occasional poster.. . anyuway just my two cents.... :) Rock on...

If by chance this does pan out, which really shouldnt' be difficult to be set up with 5-6 days notice (I mean c'mon they do these pre-sales for radio stations for practically every major arena concert out there), I think the qualifications for who gets "PMed" the password should be anyone registered for at least a year, not necessarily number of posts. I say this b/c I've been hanging out here since the day after MSG 2002 when I had the greatest freakin time of my life and was instantly hungry for more GNR, but didn't post until about a year later and since just have been more of a daily visitor and occasional poster.. . anyuway just my two cents.... :) Rock on...

Werd!

Werd!

agreed

if this happens, i just hope that i can get them. considering i am currently finding every possiable way to raise $300 for the show(i live 2 hours out of buffalo, so the plane, overnight parking, and transportation to and from the Ballroom are killing me. im not even getting a hotel, we are going to just wait in the airport.)

I personally think we should go by these criteria:

A. If your nick is in all lowercase, you're in.

B. If your nick is nine characters long, you're in.

C. If you're a "News Reporter", you're in.

If all of these methods fail - then I stongly suggest we go with a random alphabetical order... Perhaps we'll start with the letter... hmmm.... let me think.... now, this is ENTIRELY RANDOM - I just drew it from a hat. Ok, we'll start with 'd'.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

In all sincerity, I hope we all get tickets that want them. Good luck to everyone!

-darknemus

I personally think we should go by these criteria:

A. If your nick is in all lowercase, you're in.

B. If your nick is nine characters long, you're in.

C. If you're a "News Reporter", you're in.

If all of these methods fail - then I stongly suggest we go with a random alphabetical order... Perhaps we'll start with the letter... hmmm.... let me think.... now, this is ENTIRELY RANDOM - I just drew it from a hat. Ok, we'll start with 'd'.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

In all sincerity, I hope we all get tickets that want them. Good luck to everyone!

-darknemus

Your criteria is sound and logical :lol:

Personally i think i should be given all of the tickets, and the only entrance to both events, then given my own forum only i can post on so i can tak about how great the event was and how great the crowd was then reply to myself agreeing.

Personally i think i should be given all of the tickets, and the only entrance to both events, then given my own forum only i can post on so i can tak about how great the event was and how great the crowd was then reply to myself agreeing.

Funny, that's what is going to happen when Axl plays in my backyard.

´´Real fans´´ eh? Im sure there are a lot :confused: of other true fans of GNR in NYC, who arent members here...

I'm sure there are thousands of GN'R fans in NY, but any tickets that go up for sale on Tickemaster, Ebay, and from ticket brokers will go to fans all across the world, and some of the prices will be exhorbitant.

Maybe the only way to ensure GN'R fans get them, and get them at face value, is to let GN'R forums have a pre-order sale. It's still fair for NY fans, you just have to be registered is all. Which if you are a die hard fan from 2002 thru 2006, you should be. If not then oh well. A show like this should be for the die hards anyways.

However, we may also be overestimating how many people are even going to be interested in going to see this show outside the GN'R fan circle. Not to say the first few shows won't sell...but it may be a repeat of '02 since they don't have an album to support.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I was hoping for some type of press release by now and a June deadline for the album. I'm still hoping for June, but I don't see it happening. Also, no Da Vinci Code song, which is unsettling since Axl supposedly told fans he was hoping to put a song on the soundtrack. Obviously that was always just a rumor open to change but I still had some amount of hope in it...

3 ,700 seats is why this show will sell out in seconds.

I doubt this will be a repeat of '02. With all that's happened this year, this is obviously the prelude to the album's release. IMO anyhow.

This is my opinion of how the presale should go IF they have one.

Merck gets a list from admins as to who has the least amount of warning percentage.

10% - front row seat/backstage pass and dinner with axl :wub:

20% - balcony seat / free tshirt and back stage pass

30% - 2 free tickets GA

40% - 1 free ticket GA

over 40% souvenier booklet mailed to you

****I only have 10% warning :rofl-lol: ***

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

Merck gets a list from admins as to who has the most warning percentage amount.

10% - backstage pass and dinner with axl :wub:

20% - free tshirt and back stage pass

30% - 2 free tickets

40% - 1 free ticket

sweet, i get to meet axl lol :P

i hope that this presale pertains to me. i have been around the forum for years, i just didnt get a account till january.

damn, now im worried that i wont get tickets because im considered a "noob". what sucks worse is that i need 2 tickets, one for me and one for a good frined of mine who got me into GNR.

god, now im stressed :unsure:

*edit*what also sucks is the flight for the may 17th show is booked.......

Edited by fridayfan13

Merck gets a list from admins as to who has the least amount of warning percentage.

10% - front row seat/backstage pass and dinner with axl :wub:

20% - balcony seat / free tshirt and back stage pass

30% - 2 free tickets GA

40% - 1 free ticket GA

What if you have a 0% warning? Cuz I'm a good boy. :D

Maybe front row seats and gets to choose who's in the band? :drevil:

Honestly though, they should look at not only how long you've been a member, but also how often you sign in per month (if that is even possible to see). Reasoning is, the more often you visit the forum, the more starved you are to hear from the band. It's an indicator of your hardcore-ness. rock1

EDIT: At first I thought I was responding to P4A. I'm sure half the time we all notice avatars and don't even bother to check the name.

Edited by KBear