MGNRFORUM.com PreSale for NYC ??

gmsugaree

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping no one shares the presale info w/non members. We've stuck with this band for years, through the rumors, the tour (I was at MSG - amazing), the leaks, and now the new tour and warmup gigs. We deserve this, not the scalpers and fairweather fans. I am surprised and proud that Merck is looking into taking care of us true, fulltime fans.

Yeah, with the amount Merck gets bashed he doesn't have to do this for us. Kudos to him for trying, whether he can pull it off or not.

i dont think people keeping the password a secret is a problem, this forum is good about that.

and about merck, i have to admit, if this goes through, he will have earned my respect. why, becuase he is finally allowing us gnr fans somethingfor once.....a BIG something. and also he (and whoever would be nice enough to give me the password) would be saving my ass bigtime

your right, gas prices are a bitch, and driving back from the show is a pain , you would most likely make it home during the morning time. Flying is best, I guess the only worry if for u to get a ticket, now, in the event that they are not availible do u plan to purchase some off ebay or from a scalper?

well, if i dont get these tickets at the regular price, im SOL and JWF - Shit Outa Luck and Jolly Well Fucked

Do You Guys Really Think That There Is Going To Be A Presale? :laugh:

that was my point.... i mean who is gonna get this for us?? :rolleyes: and what criteria would they use...obviously they cant let anyone join in and just go there and do it..

Edited by GnR lives on

Do You Guys Really Think That There Is Going To Be A Presale? :laugh:

that was my point.... i mean who is gonna get this for us?? :rolleyes: and what criteria would they use...obviously they cant let anyone join in and just go there and do it..

Madison and Mysteron both claimed that merck is getting a presale up

..second and last time:..

..own risk...

Attending any GNR show is at your own risk. However, in this case, the shows have been confirmed by management. So, therefore, there's as much risk as there is going to Rio or Dublin or whatever.

-darknemus

When Will The Pre-Sale Be? How Will I Be Able To Get 2 Tickets For The May 15th, 2006 Show Earlier Than April 21st, 2006 At 10:00 AM?

i believe we will get details tomorrow. all i know is that if i dont end up with 2 tickets for the 17th, im gonna be more screwed that courtney love on new years eve

Anyone who can get on Ticketmaster should get the maximum 8 tickets. Then sell them to MYGNR Forum members for the same price you bought them for. Then scalpers don't charge so much, and the hardcore fans can get there.

agreed... but if u buy 8 tickets and nobody buys them from you then you are screwed...

OR..imagine coming here and saying..look i got 8 tickets..i need 2...sold 4...now i have 2 for u guys....imagine what people will do... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by GnR lives on

I'm just hoping no one shares the presale info w/non members. We've stuck with this band for years, through the rumors, the tour (I was at MSG - amazing), the leaks, and now the new tour and warmup gigs. We deserve this, not the scalpers and fairweather fans. I am surprised and proud that Merck is looking into taking care of us true, fulltime fans.

That being said, hope to see some of you there. I think it's time to break out the '02 Tour shirt...May 17th can't come soon enough.

Here's hoping for a successful presale! rock3

Best first post ever :krider: :rolleyes:

Gunsguy

Haha - I've actually posted before, but my post history was erased with a server move/shutdown awhile back. Ah, well...I still have the memories of flamewars gone by :rofl-lol:

for me, the selection proccess is simple. Every member should be granted access to the presale except for those who have started threads with titles similar to "Is AXL Married????" "Where does AXL live???" " "OMG A DJ JUST PLAYED IRS ON MY RADIO STATION!!!!" "Who is better slash or buckethead?" "Why did slash leave GNR?" "Is it possible for....", or titles to that effect. That should weed out about half the members

feel free to add others :)

Edited by Tommy Gun

for me, the selection proccess is simple. Every member should be granted access to the presale except for those who have started threads with titles similar to "Is AXL Married????" "Where does AXL live???" " "OMG A DJ JUST PLAYED IRS ON MY RADIO STATION!!!!" "Who is better slash or buckethead?" "Why did slash leave GNR?" "Is it possible for....", or titles to that effect. That should weed out about half the members

feel free to add others :)

and to those who were stupid enough to book flights before they got tickets lol

gotta make a joke out of it or ill go insane lol

Edited by fridayfan13

Yeah, with the amount Merck gets bashed he doesn't have to do this for us. Kudos to him for trying, whether he can pull it off or not.

i dont think people keeping the password a secret is a problem, this forum is good about that.

and about merck, i have to admit, if this goes through, he will have earned my respect. why, becuase he is finally allowing us gnr fans somethingfor once.....a BIG something. and also he (and whoever would be nice enough to give me the password) would be saving my ass bigtime

You've been a member for over a year...I'm thinking it's a safe bet you'd be included. But who knows as this point?

You've been a member for over a year...I'm thinking it's a safe bet you'd be included. But who knows as this point?

i hope your right

What about the tix being sold already on Ebay? Is it a scam, or scalpers? or maybe the "connected" people who know they will have their hands on tickets :question:

they are selling tickets that they havnt gotten yet. thay are trying to make a few bucks by buying tickets and selling them to you at a high price. and if they dont get them, neither do you

This is my opinion of how the presale should go IF they have one.

Merck gets a list from admins as to who has the least amount of warning percentage.

10% - front row seat/backstage pass and dinner with axl :wub:

20% - balcony seat / free tshirt and back stage pass

30% - 2 free tickets GA

40% - 1 free ticket GA

over 40% souvenier booklet mailed to you

****I only have 10% warning :rofl-lol: ***

EDIT: At first I thought I was responding to P4A. I'm sure half the time we all notice avatars and don't even bother to check the name.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

just spreading some slash love ;)

Anyone who shows up at the hammerstein Friday the 21st at lets say 9:00 a.m gets tickets an hour early. And then at 10:00 a.m. whatever is left goes on sale to everyone else. Presale problem solved.

that just means im screwed.

i am just praying that i can get tickets(yes, repetitive, i know, but im shitting bricks over here)

Edited by fridayfan13

Anyone who shows up at the hammerstein Friday the 21st at lets say 9:00 a.m gets tickets an hour early. And then at 10:00 a.m. whatever is left goes on sale to everyone else. Presale problem solved.

eh no, wouldn't be fair, some people just can't make it there, and they probably want to more than us New Yorkers, as good as it could be for us here I really think we should All get an equal chance ;)