AC/DC

Mama Kin

EVERY SONG EVER WRITTEN BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3rock3rock3rock3rock3

Only one then

:rofl-lol:

Am i the only person who thinks let there be rock the best album they did?

Some of their finest songs are on the album, but the sound quality is so poor....

People still don't get that the entire concept of a "greatest hits" is that it includes the songs that had the most succes in the charts (hence the name greatest hits) and is therefor in NO way subjective to what songs you like or don't like?

yeah, i think we understand the concept, we just want to spew forth our opinions on what the best songs are. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what a band's hits are. i think maybe the person who started the thread could have worded differently, but i think we understand each other. it's like in Texas, all soda is called Coke. "you wanna Coke?" "yeah, get me a Diet Pepsi." i think when asked "what is your greatest hits, that basically is understood to mean, you're favorites. so while it may be technically incorrect, the fact that we all get the jist makes it ok. a kind of duality in meaning.

No offense to Texas, but that is fucking retarded.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

People still don't get that the entire concept of a "greatest hits" is that it includes the songs that had the most succes in the charts (hence the name greatest hits) and is therefor in NO way subjective to what songs you like or don't like?

yeah, i think we understand the concept, we just want to spew forth our opinions on what the best songs are. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what a band's hits are. i think maybe the person who started the thread could have worded differently, but i think we understand each other. it's like in Texas, all soda is called Coke. "you wanna Coke?" "yeah, get me a Diet Pepsi." i think when asked "what is your greatest hits, that basically is understood to mean, you're favorites. so while it may be technically incorrect, the fact that we all get the jist makes it ok. a kind of duality in meaning.

No offense to Texas, but that is fucking retarded.

i think that back in the 40's the only soda you could get around here was Coca Cola and it was that way until 1960 or so. it just got passed down. nobody says soda or pop or anything else.

it's kinda like people who call a refrigerator an "ice box" because back in the old days a fridge used to be a big box with a big block of ice that got delivered every morning.

popvssodamap.gif

Soda, Pop, or Coke

* coke: this generic term for soft drinks predominates throughout the South, New Mexico, central Indiana and in a few other single counties in Nevada, Utah and Wyoming. ‘Coke’ obviously derives from Coca-Cola, the brand-name of the soft drink originally manufactured in Atlanta (which explains its use as a generic term for all soft drinks in the South).

* pop: dominates the Northwest, Great Plains and Midwest. The world ‘pop’ was introduced by Robert Southey, the British Poet Laureate (1774-1843), to whom we also owe the word ‘autobiography’, among others. In 1812, he wrote: A new manufactory of a nectar, between soda-water and ginger-beer, and called pop, because ‘pop goes the cork’ when it is drawn. Even though it was introduced by a Poet Laureate, the term ‘pop’ is considered unsophisticated by some, because it is onomatopaeic.

* soda: prevalent in the Northeast, greater Miami, the area in Missouri and Illinois surrounding St Louis and parts of northern California. ‘Soda’ derives from ‘soda-water’ (also called club soda, carbonated or sparkling water or seltzer). It’s produced by dissolving carbon dioxide gas in plain water, a procedure developed by Joseph Priestly in the latter half of the 18th century. The fizziness of soda-water caused the term ‘soda’ to be associated with later, similarly carbonated soft drinks.

* Other, lesser-used terms include ‘dope’ in the Carolinas and ‘tonic’ in and around Boston, both fading in popularity. Other generic terms for soft drinks outside the US include ‘pop’ (Canada), ‘mineral’ (Ireland), ‘soft drink’ (New Zealand and Australia). The term ‘soft drink’, finally, arose to contrast said beverages with hard (i.e. alcoholic) drinks.

back on topic: no one has mentioned "Big Guns" yet. great song from the Last Action Hero soundtrack. not on any AC/DC album.

Edited by artfromtex