Dani California?

ChineseDemocracy2004

RHCP Dani California..  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was watching MTV2 just now, gonzo..zane lowe, they shown the video for this song and had a 3minute interview or something with the chillis

the song is ok, not something id get addicted to, although i do like some chilli songs

the video for this is good too, like a timeline, from 50s to now, i don't know the bands that chillis "paid homage to" from the 50s, i thought it was the beatles for the 60s, the bassist flea was david bowie for the 70s..erm motely crue for the 80s NIN and nirvana for the 90s.

So what'cha think of this song, anybody seen the video?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it!

And for those of you who don't know who some of the bands are, this is the order they appear in:

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Prince

Parliament Funkadelic

Ziggy Stardust

Sex Pistols

The Misfits

Poison

Nirvana

Red Hot Chili Peppers

:)

I thought it was Poison at first also but if they were Flea should have black hair as the bassist of Poison Bobby Dall has black hair. So I doubt it, could be though.

duff21

I thought it was Poison at first also but if they were Flea should have black hair as the bassist of Poison Bobby Dall has black hair. So I doubt it, could be though.

duff21

Who else could be it though?

Yeah I know man, It probably is them, but if you get a fan of Poison (like me) who see's it they wont think it is Poison, with Flea not looking the same. I think you right man anyway, the rest of the band look the same :) I just cant think of another hair glam band in the 80's who dress like that :D

duff21

I've not really spoken to anyone who likes it. I'm undecided, they played it live tonight on BBC1. It's pretty good, they also played Give It Away which kind of showed how weak the new song was :unsure:.

Interesting to see how it'll do in the charts.

R.

i wanted to ask if anyone here knows all the bands they did on the video :heart:

Scroll up darlin' ;)

i read :huh: but is that all? :unsure:

Yeah? :ph34r:

Theres not that much bands!

Only the one's he stated ;)

I love when they do The Misfits

duff21

Who stated what? I'm confused :huh:

Yeah the song is good, very comercial friendy, but still good and catchy. It's good to hear some of their new stuff.

The film clip is great,

But i dont think they all dress up as one specific band, because i know for sure in a few scenes John is dressed as Clapton Cream era (he's even using the Fool SG) and another the scene after he's like Ritchie Blackmore, while the other members are dressed up from different bands.

Edited by johnezz