Dani California?

ChineseDemocracy2004

RHCP Dani California..  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

at the end of the video when the singer was dressed in the black shirt, red tie and and blck hair. was he being that singer from my chemical romance?

i thought it was funny when the guitarist played the solo as that 1950s dude with the glasses and he had a smile on his face. i thought he looked funny. does any1 else think he looked funny?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it!

And for those of you who don't know who some of the bands are, this is the order they appear in:

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Prince

Parliament Funkadelic

Ziggy Stardust

Sex Pistols

The Misfits

Poison

Nirvana

Red Hot Chili Peppers

:)

it looks more like henry rollins band/black flag than the misfits

it looks more like henry rollins band/black flag than the misfits

:blink:

Um. Did you look at his hair and the way he's holding the mic? It's like the best Danzig impersonation ever.

The Misfits one is the easiest to spot.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

at the end of the video when the singer was dressed in the black shirt, red tie and and blck hair. was he being that singer from my chemical romance?

i thought it was funny when the guitarist played the solo as that 1950s dude with the glasses and he had a smile on his face. i thought he looked funny. does any1 else think he looked funny?

That were the actual Red Hot Chili Peppers

And the 1950's dude with glasses was 1964's George Harrison ... I think that was some insult to the Beatles. Only John wore glasses, and on few occasions.

Anyway, the song's nice, I don't get why there's so much fuzz about the solo though

The video's great too, downloaded it.

To be honest I've never been a big fan of the chili peppers. Whilst i think they make some great singles, i find their albums somewhat underwhelming and even repetetive. Jmo.

To me, they seem like a band that people like because it's 'cool' to like them, rather than genuinely appreciating them. Anthony kiedis, and let's be honest about this, can't rap for shit and live he's fairly adequate at best. In general he's a quite bit annoying.

but like i said, jmo.

The new single isn't too be bad, reminds me of some earlier stuff. I'm more interested to see how they have managed to produce a double length album, when even their single disc stretch on.

Edited by fuzzbubble

To me, they seem like a band that people like because it's 'cool' to like them, rather than genuinely appreciating them.

Definately true. Complete Bandwagon Band. Mates I know probably don't know any of the stuff before Blood Sugar Sex Magik (IE the good stuff). Christ

Guest PULPY

I like it, but I don't think it's amazing, the now generation like it, so are thus discovering the chilis, but will sadly only buy greatest hits.

I like the video though, can anyone name all the bands in it? I got all of them bar a few because what I see as cher apparently is GNR because they have long hair.

I was watching MTV2 just now, gonzo..zane lowe, they shown the video for this song and had a 3minute interview or something with the chillis

the song is ok, not something id get addicted to, although i do like some chilli songs

the video for this is good too, like a timeline, from 50s to now, i don't know the bands that chillis "paid homage to" from the 50s, i thought it was the beatles for the 60s, the bassist flea was david bowie for the 70s..erm motely crue for the 80s NIN and nirvana for the 90s.

So what'cha think of this song, anybody seen the video?

I loved the song!!! i especally liked the timeline video clip!!!!! it totally showed the evolution of rock!!

and watching it for the first time was exciting, as soon as i understood the concept of the video clip, i started

guessing wat band would show up next!

Dani California..... it is a damnded great song, but.... you hear it too much, on the radio on MTV everywhere... and this song is way better than: By The Way, Can't Stop or whatever that was on the album of:By the Way... But this song can't match to Scar Tissue...their greatest song...

Edited by King Rose