First CD single

mr.drummin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does everyone think better should be the first single

I got fed up with Better quite fast. I prefer CITR and TWAT !

I also perfer TWAT over better, but one of the main faults of TWAT is that the general veiw of it is that it has to grow on you, not good for a first single. Better is instantly catchy, even though i perfer TWAT.

As much as I love TWAT and CITR, neither should not be the first single.

TWAT - very long, takes a listen or 2 to get into for most.

CITR - way to different to be first single, sounds like Queen/Eagles/Beetles, younger people would be confused

They need a strong single or 2 first, right now IRS and Better fit that bill. After those songs like TWAT and CITR would be awesome

^ yup, I think IRS has more of a "GnR sound" than the other leaks.. the first single needs to put GnR in ppls radar once again and therefore they need a song easily recognisable, simple and rocker. IRS has that, it's radio friendly, not so long like TWAT, not a ballad like CITR, not so "experimental" like Better.. something more classic and unpretentious yet catchy and powerful ;)

^ yup, I think IRS has more of a "GnR sound" than the other leaks.. the first single needs to put GnR in ppls radar once again and therefore they need a song easily recognisable, simple and rocker. IRS has that, it's radio friendly, not so long like TWAT, not a ballad like CITR, not so "experimental" like Better.. something more classic and unpretentious yet catchy and powerful ;)

Not to mention stunningly brilliant and unforgettable.;)

This new intro sounds the most promising yet IMHO. I wish it was official so that it could be heard honestly though.:( Roll on that day.

yeah sounds like classic GNR

I think it'll depend what it is. The people who you're talking about will probably expect a PC/SCOM type song because that's what alot of people know Gn'R as.

Personally, i like TWAT and would love that as the first single.

R.

Better would be my choice easily,not that i prefer it to the other leaks but to the fact that most of the general public are still into that sort of linken park style sound,i maybe wrong saying this view but if you look at the u.s chart Linken park are really the only ones to break firmly into it. And to anyone asking why i compare "Better" to Linken park....thats obvious! You just have to listen to the solo 2 an a half minites into the song to think its Linken park/NIN sort of sound!!! Maybe if Axl's ballsy enough,maybe he'ill release a track no one has a fucking clue about either!

One thing thou,just cus some person has info from a so-Called "reliable" source doesn't mean shit,until i read my national paper & it confirms a release date i don't believe nothing.

i figure it depends on what type of marketing approach they use.

they could release a catchy song thats only ok musically for the not so hardcore fans to sell alot of records

or they could release a song thats great musically, like one of the leaks, and that would be aimed at the hardcore GnR fans

I think it'll depend what it is. The people who you're talking about will probably expect a PC/SCOM type song because that's what alot of people know Gn'R as.

Personally, i like TWAT and would love that as the first single.

R.

i dont think TWAT would sell as much

I think IRS or Better for our first single.Loving those 2.

I'm not really into IRS at all. Maybe the finished version will be an improvement, but of the leaked demos, TWAT was far and away my favorite. I would definitely think that The Blues would be the second single. That's a number one song if it becomes a single.

It needs to be the absolute best song the band has recorded, because the song will be judged by "was this worth waiting 10 years for or not", not "is it better than what is out there at the moment. Not to mention the fact it will be compared to the best songs in the GNR back catalog, which comprise some of the greater rock songs ever written.

None of the songs we have heard thus far fit the criteria listed above, so I would assume we have yet to hear whatever will be the first single.

It needs to be the absolute best song the band has recorded, because the song will be judged by "was this worth waiting 10 years for or not", not "is it better than what is out there at the moment. Not to mention the fact it will be compared to the best songs in the GNR back catalog, which comprise some of the greater rock songs ever written.

None of the songs we have heard thus far fit the criteria listed above, so I would assume we have yet to hear whatever will be the first single.

I agree. The demos are good, but Axl has to find a song that will appeal to a modern audience as well as the hardcore fans.