First CD single

mr.drummin

Better should be the first single...unless there is a better song.

It has got to be catchy..well written.....and Modern style Rock.......Better has it all in one! there for it should be the first single from this new GNR.

I agree, so far, if everything we heard was going to end up on CD (hope not) i'd choose BETTER in a second.This song has everything to be a hit.

Edited by laval

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to be the absolute best song the band has recorded, because the song will be judged by "was this worth waiting 10 years for or not", not "is it better than what is out there at the moment. Not to mention the fact it will be compared to the best songs in the GNR back catalog, which comprise some of the greater rock songs ever written.

None of the songs we have heard thus far fit the criteria listed above, so I would assume we have yet to hear whatever will be the first single.

I agree with most of your first paragraph. It has to be their best song, or at least their best rocker (a ballad could be their best song but it should be saved for the second single). From what we've heard described of the new tracks, Prostitute will be the biggest gun on the album. I read a while back that when the leaks were happening, this is the song they were most worried about getting leaked. They went nuts and were supposedly able to prevent it from leaking.

But I'm not so sure that the song will be compared to the back catalogue. I mean of course it will be, but I think it'll be more compared to what's out there today. That is what people know. When Axl releases the first single you just know it'll be better than the garbage that passes for rock nowadays. The first instinct for people is to either love or hate the song, and what they've got to contrast it with is what they usually hear. Which for most people not on these forums is not old GN'R. It's the crap that gets played on popular radio and TV. It will be such a breath of fresh air in today's pathetic rock scene that I think a lot of people will just be happy Axl is back. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, I dunno.

As for paragraph two, IMO The Blues, CITR, and Better are all up there with the old stuff. Perhaps even TWAT and I.R.S. - I'm on the fence with those two, but I love them just the same.

And any idiot fan who says "it took ten years for this???", I would respond with, "I'll give you 20 years to do something better. You and the lame bands that you listen to!" :lol:

Edited by KBear

why does everyone think better should be the first single

What should the first single be then?

rock4

IRS. easaly

IRS Should not be the single, nor should it be released. I prefer Silkworms.

I am not that well-versed in electronic music, so it's not fair to judge it, but are you saying Slikworms is better than I.R.S. because you prefer that genre or because you truly believe it's good enough to hold up as the first single?

why does everyone think better should be the first single

What should the first single be then?

rock4

IRS. easaly

IRS Should not be the single, nor should it be released. I prefer Silkworms.

I am not that well-versed in electronic music, so it's not fair to judge it, but are you saying Slikworms is better than I.R.S. because you prefer that genre or because you truly believe it's good enough to hold up as the first single?

I don't like the overall 'feel' of IRS, imo it's too cliche. Hard to explain I guess.

I didn't say Silkworms should be the first single, I just said I prefer it over IRS and a studio version will murder.

As for the first single, it'll be a song we haven't heard yet.

Ok on the day that the first single gets released, how do you think the general public will react. I'm not talking us diehard fans, just the radiostations, friends and family?

well if CD gets publicity then it is gonna do well on its first day since people would know it is comming finaly, i am sure that it will reach no1 on the album charts, not only guns n' roses fans will be waiting for this album prabaly every rock fan that has heard of CD is curious of what it sounds like, so the general public will buy it...... OR ELSE