Could "SNL" be a possibility?

AxlBooey

This is PURE SPECULATION, but, what do you think the odds are of GN'R popping up as musical guest on "SNL"?

I don't know if the season finale is May 13th or 20th, but what a way to boost ratings, if it happened.

Since the warmup shows appear to be going forward, why the hell couldn't this happen?

It would be nice. But I doubt it. They book these bands months before.

Off topic: Pearl Jam is on tomorrow night, Lindsey Lohan is hosting.

Maybe GN'R was booked some time ago and it's been kept hush-hush?

Here's a possible SNL scenario:

During the Weekend Update with Tina Fey and the other girl(whose name escapes me at the moment).

They announce the upcoming comeback of GnR, and rip on Axl for a minute............then all of a sudden, Axl Rose walks behind them(crowd goes nuts). And then they go into a little sketch.

I could see that happening, and it would be great.

Extremely unlikely...

99% of bands who perform on SNL do so to promote their new albums. Since GNR will have nothing to promote at this time (other than a quasi-European tour; which isn't SNL's targetted market), don't expect to see GNR on SNL anytime soon. Much more likely to see Axl as a cameo on some skit, but a full band performance is unlikely this year. Also consider that these shows are warm-up shows, partly done to work out kinks in their performances. Not too sure if the band wants to go perform on national television even before such shows. If CD is to be released in the fall or winter, I'd be more expecting Axl and co. to show up on SNL then, but certainly not now.

Cheers,

Andrew