Will the new G 'n' R be able to sell out arenas?

Rattlesnake Suitcase

IMO... it all depends on advertising...

QUEEN and Paul Rogers was with great arguability the best rock show i've been to and it was in a half full arena cuz of no advertisement.

Vancouver fucking packed Pacific Coliseum for Queen and Rodgers. Fucking incredible.

And on topic, I think the 2 NYC dates and then Euro tour would be a good start. But what this tour needs is some publicity. Day & Night talk shows, music videos, radio airplay. We would need to have CD for all this. :)

I'd like to think it could happen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the old fan base has gone but there have been fresh people who love their music and have bought all their albums such as myself that would be willing to go to their concerts, so i dont think the guns n' roses fan base has lost fans but rather gained them, the old fans might tend to listen to their music and if they have children they tend to listen to it and get hooked on it. so in actual fact i think they might be losing some fans but are gaining more, and thats the way i see it.

V.

A lot of folk on the board seem to be taking for granted that the nu-Guns will be doing a massive arena tour when the time comes to hit the road. rock3 Although i agree that these upcoming club shows in NYC will easily sell out, it's fair to point out that when the real tour starts in promotion of CD later this year there is no guarantee that G'n'R will be able to perform at the level they did on their previous massive arena tours. A lot of the Euro summer shows are festivals with other bands involved, so these don't really show that Guns are the major draw. So, IF CD sales slow after the initial rush to buy it from the faithful, then the band will surely have to down grade from arenas just like lots of other big bands have over the years.

Remember, this is an act with a bad rep in the US/Canada after the last aborted tour, they've also been away from the big league for some 13 years and of course, the oriiginal guys the older fanbase identified with are no longer involved. This means there are absolutely no guarantees that G'n'R will be as massive as they once were. Perhaps the biggest indicator of their waning fanbase though are US sales figures of the 'live era' and 'greatest hits' which stand at a paltry (in comparison) 312,000 and 2.5 million respectively. So what do YOU think. Can Guns still deliver arena rock to sold out masses or will they have to play smaller venues and accept that the glory days are over? rock1

I hope so. Small venues kick ass. The Aragon (sp) Ball Room in Chicago is a great example. I never saw a show at the Horizon or the United Center that matched the shows in the Ball Room. Arenas are only good for the fact that they can accomodate a big crowd.

A Lot of the "old" Fanbase still exists........and the sad state of the music world (just read billboard!)

just fuels the GNR Firestorm..........

Check out the Number of NEW GNR Forums, sites, ....yeah, even the suckass ones...(no names).....

and you will find they are multiplying faster than two rabbits in heat on Easter morning............

The new Album will do more than merely inhabit a Genre'........It will Feed a NEED.....

"Sewing up the corners of my space;

Where the world leaks through the floor;

The Signs are everywhere now...

Both unconcealed and behind Perception's Door....

Unborn Thoughts, Deep behind my eyes...

Sorting Truth from treasured Lies...." ©me

Edited by warchild

and you will find they are multiplying faster than two rabbits in heat on Easter morning............

Nice!

"Sewing up the corners of my space;

Where the world leaks through the floor;

The Signs are everywhere now...

Both unconcealed and behind Perception's Door....

Unborn Thoughts, Deep behind my eyes...

Sorting Truth from treasured Lies...." ©me

A Lot of the "old" Fanbase still exists........

Of course, the old fans still exist ! They are somewhere ! But they don't care about GNR anymore !

:rofl-lol:

It is a shame and a pity, your opinions do not count as Facts............

Why are YOU here? Just to bash the Band? Please enlighten us with your insight Oh learned one......

W.

In Vino Veritas

nice to see warchild floating back around...

THANX.....Appreciated Sincerily.......

W.

Soon I'll be a SUPPORTER too...

And there is no "band" ! GNR=Axl.

Isn't That Special?

Please Stay on topic, though..........

I have consulted my Ouija Board, My Crystal Ball, and read from Nostradamus.....they all confirm that

this tour will succeed.....as will the album.....Divine Synchronicity!!

W.

Guest roses_are_red

But finnish tickets were all sold out ( thats where im going to see gnr) and there's a lot of GNR fans there. :rolleyes:

Edited by roses_are_red

Soon I'll be a SUPPORTER too...

And there is no "band" ! GNR=Axl.

And if it were not for Axl there would be no Guns at all...unless of courses you believe Axl's comments about Paul at RIR3...anyway Al, thanx for all you support. :monkey::P

Point Goes to HOOSIER!!!!

and Niveen should read his namesake's Comments concerning GNR..........

KUDOS!

W.

KUDOS!

W.

PERHAPS THEN WE COULD ALL GET DOWN TO THE VERY SERIOUS, AND BIG, BUSINESS OF REFORMING THE GREATEST, AND MOST RELEVANT, ROCK BAND, [DISPENSING WITH THE COURT SPATS THAT SUCK THE JUICE OUT OF LIFE ITSELF], FOR THE DELIGHT OF MILLIONS OF FANS, A MULTITUDE OF WHICH, THE SECOND AND THIRD GENERATION OF ADMIRERS, HAVE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE FLORAL ARTILLERY IN LIVING MAGNIFICENCE.

THE INDUSTRY COULD CERTAINLY USE A SHOT OF GENUINELY TALENTED FIREPOWER.

SINCERELY

ALAN NIVEN

KUDOS!

W.

PERHAPS THEN WE COULD ALL GET DOWN TO THE VERY SERIOUS, AND BIG, BUSINESS OF REFORMING THE GREATEST, AND MOST RELEVANT, ROCK BAND, [DISPENSING WITH THE COURT SPATS THAT SUCK THE JUICE OUT OF LIFE ITSELF], FOR THE DELIGHT OF MILLIONS OF FANS, A MULTITUDE OF WHICH, THE SECOND AND THIRD GENERATION OF ADMIRERS, HAVE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE FLORAL ARTILLERY IN LIVING MAGNIFICENCE.

SINCERELY

ALAN NIVEN

The ENTIRE Post.....not just "between selected lines"...............

OH WAIT.....here it is!!!!

Former GNR manager Alan Niven spoke out following the public feud between Scott Weiland and Axl Rose.

This appeared on Blabbermouth on March 22, 2006.

"AXL ROSE IS STILL GENUINELY AND PROFOUNDLY GIFTED"

Quote: Alan Niven former Guns n' Roses manager.

I MANAGED GUNS N' ROSES FROM 1986 TO 1991, AND IN SO DOING, OVERSAW THE PRE-PRODUCTION OF 'APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION', 'LIES' AND 'USE YOUR ILLUSIONS'.

I WAS ALSO PRESENT AT SEVERAL REHEARSALS DURING THE FORMATION OF VELVET REVOLVER AND I HAVE SEEN THEM PERFORM 'LIVE'. [i PASSED ON AN INVITATION TO MANAGE THE BAND, PRIOR TO THE EMPLOYMENT OF SCOTT WEILLAND, FOR PERSONAL REASONS].

CATEGORICALLY, SLASH IS UTTERLY ACCURATE - MR WEILLAND IS, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, A CLUELESS POSTURING FRAUD, OF NO PARTICULAR OR OBVIOUS ABILITIES, INCLUDING, AND MOST APPARENTLY, COMPOSITION. THE BAND IS A THOROUGH WASTE OF A TRULY GREAT GUITAR PLAYER AND TERRIFIC RHYTHM SECTION. [THEIR OUTPUT HAS BEEN ENTIRELY FORGETTABLE AND ONE DIMENSIONAL].

AS FOR MR ROSE, I HAVE NO DOUBT HE IS STILL GENUINELY AND PROFOUNDLY GIFTED, AND IT IS SELF EVIDENT THAT HE HAS PROVIDED MORE INSIGHT AND MEMORABILITY IN A SINGLE LINE OF COMPOSITION THAN MR WEILLAND HAS MANAGED IN AN ENTIRE CAREER.

FOR THE RECORD, MR ROSE WROTE THE MAJORITY OF THE MELODIES AND LYRICS ON THE GUNS RECORDS, WHICH INCLUDE THE BEST SELLING ROCK DEBUT OF OUR TIMES, WITH 16,000,000 SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE.

HE SHARED THE SPOTLIGHT WITH INDIVIDUALS WHOSE EXCELLENCE IS REFLECTED IN SUCH SALES FIGURES.

WHAT MIGHT NOT BE UNDERSTOOD IS THAT HE, AND THE OTHER BAND COMPOSERS, EMPLOYED A COURTESY SHARING OF SO CALLED MECHANICAL INCOME - GRACE AND JUDGEMENT IN ACTION.

MR WEILLAND, OF COURSE, EXHIBITS NEITHER GRACE NOR JUDGEMENT IN HIS DELUSIONAL UTTERANCES, AND IN MY VIEW, NO DISCERNABLE TALENT EITHER.

I HAVE HELD THIS OPINION FROM THOSE VERY FIRST REHEARSALS, AND CONSIDER HIM BETTER EMPLOYED BY HIS FORMER BAND, WHERE HE COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR COMPOSING ABILITIES ONCE MORE.

SINCERELY

ALAN NIVEN

The WHOLE Post makes a difference doesn't it?

W.

Edited by warchild

if anyone has noticed on the homepage of this web www.mygnr.com there is 12million gn'r fans, when i first start visiting this website about a month ago there was only 11.7 million fans..... the number of gn'r fans is iincreasing extremley fast.

V.

thats standard knowledge what with all the newbies on the board

Edited by ssiscool

These topics are getting more and more ridiculous

Of course the new band will sell out arenas...it's already happening! I can't remember which dates exactly had already sold out when I last checked, but it must be more by now anyway

Alan Niveen: stop acting so self-important, and use the whole letter when you quote 'yourself'

Alan Niveen: stop acting so self-important, and use the whole letter when you quote 'yourself'

I know there is one Captain Kangaroo, what's your rank in the moron brigade Miss Rocket ?

GNR will be able to sell out tickets depending on the size and the location of the arenas. :)

Edited by Alan Niveen