Will the new G 'n' R be able to sell out arenas?

Rattlesnake Suitcase

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depents on the succes of a new album and single. Some of the sales figures from the 2002 tour:

November 8th, 2002 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome Attendance: 6110 / 17083

November 11th, 2002 - Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Arena Attendance: 3919 / 6500

November 17th, 2002 - Moline, IL @ Mark Of The Quad Cities Attendance: 5563 / 10448

November 21st, 2002 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace Of Auburn Hills Attendance: 8857 / 15064

It all depents on the succes of a new album and single. Some of the sales figures from the 2002 tour:

November 17th, 2002 - Moline, IL @ Mark Of The Quad Cities Attendance: 5563 / 10448

November 21st, 2002 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace Of Auburn Hills Attendance: 8857 / 15064

Wow! Great post here, 50 per cent plus empty arenas - and look at my original post to see current sales figures of 'live era' and 'greatest hits'. It's going to be interesting to see what happens come tour time in the US/Canada especially. :book:

they have already sold out alot of the europe shows. and there is still a hugh diehard fan base still around they alone could sell out most shows. alot of others will go just to see what the new band is like.

Most non-forum members believe that Slash and the rest are still in GnR...there will be a LOT of disappointed fans if they ever tour the US.

These topics are getting more and more ridiculous

i have to aggree. of course Guns N Roses will sell out areanas.

..double amen..

..next question:

..will w. axl rose..ever die once....?...in his life?...

..c'mon..give me a break..::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wow! Great post here, 50 per cent plus empty arenas - and look at my original post to see current sales figures of 'live era' and 'greatest hits'. It's going to be interesting to see what happens come tour time in the US/Canada especially. :book:

Looks like people in the US are/were not as interested in them as in europe (especially Norway, Finland, Sweden). NYC will always be a sellout show for them, let's see what they can do in the rest of the US once they kick off a tour there.

I think without the album released only european shows will sell well

http://mygnr.com/concert/concert2006.html check there, but i think 4 venues are sold out.sweden, norway and finland's concerts have been sold out. wont take to much longer for the rest.

That´s not 100% accurate. For example, in the concert in Madrid it says " to be announced" and it´s been announced yet plus there´s no link to buy the tickets and they´ve been on sale since March 30.

We don´t know for sure but it seems that all the European gigs are selling very well even though there´s not much publicity.

No offense to those who live in these cities, but these are fuckin small places. This tour also had practically no publicity. Why don't you look at the figures for New York, Boston, Pittsburgh etc. Looking at the 2002 figures on their own is like living inside a silo. It's not reality.

Edited by axlsfury

No offense to those who live in these cities, but these are fuckin small places. This tour also had practically no publicity. Why don't you look at the figures for New York, Boston, Pittsburgh etc. Looking at the 2002 figures on their own is like living inside a silo. It's not reality.

Spot on. Hey it's not as if the tour was promoted that greatly either...

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

they have already sold out alot of the europe shows. and there is still a hugh diehard fan base still around they alone could sell out most shows. alot of others will go just to see what the new band is like.

Most non-forum members believe that Slash and the rest are still in GnR...there will be a LOT of disappointed fans if they ever tour the US.

Maybe four years ago, Velvet Revolver are around now.

The scenario now is far better for GNR to return than it was four years ago, firstly coz there wont be as much ill feeling towards the current band, if they want to see Slash, they know where to go, and its not in Axls ass!

As Greenday and U2 proved, 'rock' bands (i know they are not exactly like GNR but to the public they are of a similar ilk) with catchy melodies will attract the fans. A couple of big singles will carry the album sales further, sustained album sales will carry ticket sales.

The hunger for GNR is also shown when comparing Live Era sales (moderate) and Greatest Hits sales (huge considering what it was).

Add to that the band name, GNR being 'cool' again, and the last iconic frontman and their is the perfect recipe for a massive tour.

Maybe four years ago, Velvet Revolver are around now.

The scenario now is far better for GNR to return than it was four years ago, firstly coz there wont be as much ill feeling towards the current band, if they want to see Slash, they know where to go, and its not in Axls ass!

As Greenday and U2 proved, 'rock' bands (i know they are not exactly like GNR but to the public they are of a similar ilk) with catchy melodies will attract the fans. A couple of big singles will carry the album sales further, sustained album sales will carry ticket sales.

The hunger for GNR is also shown when comparing Live Era sales (moderate) and Greatest Hits sales (huge considering what it was).

Add to that the band name, GNR being 'cool' again, and the last iconic frontman and their is the perfect recipe for a massive tour.

Agreed. If people outside this forum still don't realize that the original members have gone their separate ways, then that's kinda sad. People need to stop using the excuse that people will be disappointed because they find out the original members aren't there. Even people in the cornfields of Iowa know that many of the members went to VR. If they don't know that by now, then that's their own fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Cd needs to be released to sell the tour not the other way around. people have been waiting for so long that if the tour continues without CD droping it will affect things. if CD drops and it's good, people will flock to the concerts to see the glory. It's backwards to the way it's usually done but with a decade wait on an album, it's the most anticipated release I can think of, if it's good it will support the numbers to fill arenas. if it sucks, see the tour not hit the same numbers of say...illusion ara stuff. My opinion. :xmassrudolph:

IF CD comes out...and a video or two goes in to circulation,then interest will increase greatly.

If the European tour goes well...word of mouth will help too.

Regardless...if none of the above happens,there might be some non sell outs in certain geogrphical areas.

Canada will sell out for GnR...always has,always will.

I belive that after quick sell-out of the NY shows and the europeon tour, if and when they come back to the states Axl and Co. will sell out arenas. I believe that 2006 is the year axl got his shit together. I'm not making fun of him but I think he began to realize "Well I'm not getting any younger, better late then never ya know" mentality. And I think he picked the timing perfectly. The rock scene out there (or lack there of) serious needs a stick of dynamite up it's ass and if Nickelback is all rock and roll has to offer to the masses, its sad. Axl Rose realized that we want his music, we need his music and the world needs gn'r. After their reconquering of the world in less then a month, most of america will tend to forget 2002's gnr resurrection. The name guns n' roses will no longer be associated with a mock-rock band of its formal self, but as pure rock and roll of the 21st centurey.

I belive that after quick sell-out of the NY shows and the europeon tour, if and when they come back to the states Axl and Co. will sell out arenas. I believe that 2006 is the year axl got his shit together. I'm not making fun of him but I think he began to realize "Well I'm not getting any younger, better late then never ya know" mentality. And I think he picked the timing perfectly. The rock scene out there (or lack there of) serious needs a stick of dynamite up it's ass and if Nickelback is all rock and roll has to offer to the masses, its sad. Axl Rose realized that we want his music, we need his music and the world needs gn'r. After their reconquering of the world in less then a month, most of america will tend to forget 2002's gnr resurrection. The name guns n' roses will no longer be associated with a mock-rock band of its formal self, but as pure rock and roll of the 21st centurey.

i agree, axl is what rock n' roll needs right now and we have stuck by the messiah of rock through all this shit and will finally be the very proud witnesses of what is about to happen :shades: it's time to prove the doubters wrong and it's time for rock's last great frontman to reclaim his vacant throne. that being said, the 2002 gnr was amazing and the people who mocked it will always mock, CD could be better than appetite and these sad people will still hate. you can't win'em all, but clearly axl will win the world again :shades: