If you love Axl you have baggage!

damiandoerr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To truly be a GNR diehard has nothing to do with the music it has to do with your life experiences. A GNR die hard has gone thru some kind of shit in there life that only Axl can express properly and sincenobody in music has been more real than Axl we attach ourselves. Who here can say that Axl has not changed there lives? So as i said we all have somekind of emotional baggage and it is truly enduring that a man that was once king of the world still cant cope with life any "better" than we can . Shit if Axl takes 15 years to make an album maybe there is hope that we heal ouselves too? Comments anybody?

Kudos. You see Axl as a human being/person.

Good post.

I see I have been thrown over for another..............I have lost once again......... :wub:

WARSCOTT

To truly be a GNR diehard has nothing to do with the music it has to do with your life experiences. A GNR die hard has gone thru some kind of shit in there life that only Axl can express properly and sincenobody in music has been more real than Axl we attach ourselves. Who here can say that Axl has not changed there lives? So as i said we all have somekind of emotional baggage and it is truly enduring that a man that was once king of the world still cant cope with life any "better" than we can . Shit if Axl takes 15 years to make an album maybe there is hope that we heal ouselves too? Comments anybody?

I totally agree with you. :) Axl has affected me a lot with his fantastic lyrics and voice. Since I began too like him, more and more people began to hate me... He's not quite populare where I live.. :( Mostly they hate Axl and love VR.. :(

I totally agree with you. :) Axl has affected me a lot with his fantastic lyrics and voice. Since I began too like him, more and more people began to hate me... He's not quite populare where I live.. :( Mostly they hate Axl and love VR.. :(

Ignore them all Marita. Any of my friends like GNR and I don´t care. They´ve been my favourite band for years and nothing is going to change my mind.

ou know,here you have a place to share your love for the band. ou´re not alone :)

Kudos. You see Axl as a human being/person.

Good post.

I see I have been thrown over for another..............I have lost once again......... :wub:

WARSCOTT

You know warchild, maybe you should listen to Axl's lyrics. Maybe then you will begin to understand the inner strength he has for all the shit he's been through. You could learn and benefit from Axl's strength. Just don't idolize him because he's just another guy :book:

ILY and Happy Easter.

:heart:

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

Wow, Definitely a great one....

Music has been my outlet, my voice many times, and when someone like Axl delivers it with such passion, and the words touch a little too close, It can be a huge part of healing. It also helps me never forget.

So few can have that effect.

Myworld

Too be fair to your post,Axl is conly a human being himself with feelings you!

Too be fair to your post,Axl is conly a human being himself with feelings you!

Had a few London Pride's have ya? I know I have...

There's obviously other music to rely on in order to heal the pain. GNR has provided some of my most profound experiences,I know I was changed irreversibly, but between 1995 and 2001, it was hard for me to listen to AFD or the illusions and felt nearly healed as i did back then. With the song Better, the blues and Catcher in the rye, the music reassured me in ways that merely speaking might not have accomplished. Lately, i've been going through a process of separation with Drugs( heroin ) my mother and a seven year relationship with a girl that i still deeply love. An important point about the three songs mentioned above is rather than use the music to distract me, i used the music to ground me into the moment, and to empower me to be a participant. The music is also becoming more of a anesthetic. Four bands have changed my life in specific times of my life, in times where i often experience a mixture of fear, pain and other powerful emotions. Those bands found a way to capture what i felt and helped me to understand what was going on and to realize that i was in good hands and i would be ok, those bands are Radiohead, Deftones, the Arcade fire and GNR. Mostly, i'm probably living the biggest and challenging battle of my life, so the Album Funeral by The arcade fire and Better, the blues and catcher in the rye have done a pretty fucking good job of keeping me sane and most importantly helped me figuring out what the hell i'm really feeling.

Love

K.

well its not jus a case of gnr when u talk bout music relating to how you feel

you can feel tat in any good song which has that deep emotional impact on it(slash guitar pulling & axls ballads come to my mind)

but yeah stuff like dont cry and nr have an impact whenever im on a tough ride

I think music can help people to reach deeper levels of rest and explore a wide range of feelings, that's what GNR has done for me, ironically, i can hear a VR song and not feeling anything, i think VR just don't know how to apply music with any degree of accuracy and efficiency. That's my opinion not a fact ( for those who gets ready to bash me) so i found out lately that AXL was GNR, and the band becomes a more functional power tool in the hands of someone who has vision and ambition and who's always ready to take the music one step further. So hearing a slash solo can give me vibrations, as well as a Buckethead and a Finck solo. I guess what i'm trying to say, i'll develop high blood pressure every time i hear Axl's voice on any music. :kiss:

I think music can help people to reach deeper levels of rest and explore a wide range of feelings, that's what GNR has done for me, ironically, i can hear a VR song and not feeling anything, i think VR just don't know how to apply music with any degree of accuracy and efficiency. That's my opinion not a fact ( for those who gets ready to bash me) so i found out lately that AXL was GNR, and the band becomes a more functional power tool in the hands of someone who has vision and ambition and who's always ready to take the music one step further. So hearing a slash solo can give me vibrations, as well as a Buckethead and a Finck solo. I guess what i'm trying to say, i'll develop high blood pressure every time i hear Axl's voice on any music. :kiss:

axls voice defines the gnr sound for sure,but ill stil feel tat i get the vibes when im hearin a powerful slash solo,with a lot of those pulls to bring out the vibes and then axl starts screechin..that really jolts me up

its all a co ordination of all the band mates,(and i feel maybe scott and slash havent got it figured out as yet)

jus listen to the scom riff towards the end ('where do we go now.....)..now thats somethin else

exactly wat am tryin to say, to be honest i havent felt much of that in any of buckets solos..(even tho the new leaks do fit in a lot more into that emotional impact that gnr brings into the music,a lot better than wat vr has been dishing out)

axls voice defines the gnr sound for sure,but ill stil feel tat i get the vibes when im hearin a powerful slash solo,with a lot of those pulls to bring out the vibes and then axl starts screechin..that really jolts me up

its all a co ordination of all the band mates,(and i feel maybe scott and slash havent got it figured out as yet)

jus listen to the scom riff towards the end ('where do we go now.....)..now thats somethin else

exactly wat am tryin to say, to be honest i havent felt much of that in any of buckets solos..(even tho the new leaks do fit in a lot more into that emotional impact that gnr brings into the music,a lot better than wat vr has been dishing out)

i dig you bro. Just wait to hear CD, i really hope it will change your mind. I'm not disregarding what AXL and Slash have accomplished,they used to create emotional pieces of music together but i can guarantee anyone that CD will just carry on throughout lifetimes,a more significant impact on pop culture.

Music is an awesome way to cleanse the soul, it releases many emotions and feelings that you hold inside, but it's too bad that music can't get rid if the emotional baggage, it sometimes can remind you of certain things in your life that maybe you would rather forget and move on. Sometimes i'll listen to a certain song that'll remind me of a good time in life too and will make me feel better~ and listening to Axl's voice always brings me up when i'm feeling down!

well sometimes we just like the song...

i can't relate to welcome to the jungle or anything like that

we all have had heartbreaks or love problems or that one girl or guy that we didnt get or that we broke up with... axl sings about all those things in estranged and NR and all that....

patience expresses waiting for someone who u've been trying to get...etc...

it doesnt mean we have any worse of an emotional life than anyone else on the planet...just that we listen to gnr when we do which makes sense because they sing about it.. i mean i love pink floyd, zeppelin and a ton of other bands..but when i am heartbroken or hurt i wouldnt listen to them..i'd listen to gnr

Excellent analysis and you are totally correct, at least about my reasons for being so obsessed with Axl and CD.

Can Bass, Treble, and Lyrics Heal a Wounded Soul ?...............

YES! and a whole HELL of a lot better than other methods, "Helpful" people, Parents, ETC.....Name it!

Sometimes the ones in Pain and Darkness understand each other well, and are drawn to the fire of

Self-Destruction, as surely as moths to a Flame...........

I NEVER expected to live TO 30......much less past it........Music Can save your life, even when you want to

end it..........

W.

SYD

i think the original post is true, music can heal souls, have a massive impact on lifes......... it's the loners path to healing and self worth, when you have given up on everyone around you, music can talk to you, it doesn't change, can't let you down~!, stays perfect in it's form !, so yeah it's a great out let!.

, everything that happens in your life shapes who you are, warchild if you wanted to die you wouldn't be here, i wouldn't give up on people all together, "helpful"........ people are around, closed minds won't want to see it, just certain situations attract the wrong type of moth if you guys know what i'm saying?.

peace out. :P

There's obviously other music to rely on in order to heal the pain. GNR has provided some of my most profound experiences,I know I was changed irreversibly, but between 1995 and 2001, it was hard for me to listen to AFD or the illusions and felt nearly healed as i did back then. With the song Better, the blues and Catcher in the rye, the music reassured me in ways that merely speaking might not have accomplished. Lately, i've been going through a process of separation with Drugs( heroin ) my mother and a seven year relationship with a girl that i still deeply love. An important point about the three songs mentioned above is rather than use the music to distract me, i used the music to ground me into the moment, and to empower me to be a participant. The music is also becoming more of a anesthetic. Four bands have changed my life in specific times of my life, in times where i often experience a mixture of fear, pain and other powerful emotions. Those bands found a way to capture what i felt and helped me to understand what was going on and to realize that i was in good hands and i would be ok, those bands are Radiohead, Deftones, the Arcade fire and GNR. Mostly, i'm probably living the biggest and challenging battle of my life, so the Album Funeral by The arcade fire and Better, the blues and catcher in the rye have done a pretty fucking good job of keeping me sane and most importantly helped me figuring out what the hell i'm really feeling.

Love

K.

That's awesome man, I don't know you but I respect you.