U2

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I Have been sort of deaf to U2 for most of my days, but they sound right to me at the moment, songs like "Beautiful Day" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" are very powerful and well, "beautiful". What I like about U2 is, despite the electronics and technological leanings, they seem to be in touch with old-fashioned soul singing. These are simple songs in a skeletal sense. Bono has always pissed me off real well, but probably not for any good reason, and of course Morrissey seems like a big prick but I love his music.

So U2, bring it on, didn't think I would be here.

I Have been sort of deaf to U2 for most of my days, but they sound right to me at the moment, songs like "Beautiful Day" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" are very powerful and well, "beautiful". What I like about U2 is, despite the electronics and technological leanings, they seem to be in touch with old-fashioned soul singing. These are simple songs in a skeletal sense. Bono has always pissed me off real well, but probably not for any good reason, and of course Morrissey seems like a big prick but I love his music.

So U2, bring it on, didn't think I would be here.

Yeah your right ODS,

U2 are the type of band that does grow on you after time.

duff21

"Achtung Baby" is their best album. Check it out.

Brian Eno right? That would be a very good additional reason to check it out.

Yeah I've gotten into U2 aussi, recently. They're very good, well their old stuff more than the new.

That's part of what's turned me off, these days they seem to have drown in their own pretension.

Guest +*Michelle*+

Yeah I've gotten into U2 aussi, recently. They're very good, well their old stuff more than the new.

That's part of what's turned me off, these days they seem to have drown in their own pretension.

Well it's like that with most bands, they just run out of ideas, like for example Coldplay, they have the talent, undoubtably, just their stuff are starting to sound the same, like they were repeating older material.

Edited by +*Michelle*+

Well it's like that with most bands, they just run out of ideas, like for example Coldplay, they have the talent, undoubtably, just their stuff are starting to sound the same, like they were repeating older material.

I never did care to get into Coldplay, there was one song I thought was really brilliant "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" I think, and I think I liked it because it was atleast a little different from the rest of their material.

Don't you think they are just a more low-key U2 anyway?

Guest +*Michelle*+
I never did care to get into Coldplay, there was one song I thought was really brilliant "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" I think, and I think I liked it because it was atleast a little different from the rest of their material.

You mean similar to U2? Nah I wouldn't say they sound like U2 really, actually I've never thought of it before. I have 3-4 of their albums, but nothing of U2, so I can't be sure about this.

I always thought Coldplay were ripping Radiohead a bit... :confused:

I'd defitinetly say Radiohead is among the best "rock" bands nowadays.

You mean similar to U2? Nah I wouldn't say they sound like U2 really, actually I've never thought of it before. I have 3-4 of their albums, but nothing of U2, so I can't be sure about this.

I always thought Coldplay were ripping Radiohead a bit... :confused:

I'd defitinetly say Radiohead is among the best "rock" bands nowadays.

You are certainly right about that, although I haven't heard anything of theirs past OK Computer.

Most everyone is influenced by U2 these days, especially Radiohead, and in turn, Coldplay.

Guest +*Michelle*+
You are certainly right about that, although I haven't heard anything of theirs past OK Computer.

Most everyone is influenced by U2 these days, especially Radiohead, and in turn, Coldplay.

Hmm I'm not sure, Radiohead has a very very different style to U2.

Amnesiac is probably my favourite album of theirs, songs like "Like spinning plates", "Pulk/pull revolving doors" etc. are quite experimental, and somewhat weird, love it.

Guest +*Michelle*+

Radiohead>>>>>>>>U2/Simple Minds/Coldplay

I never understand those <_< does that mean Radiohead is better, or worse than those?

Radiohead rules the world.

Oh yes :krider:

U2 is my favourite band after GNR. The Joshua Tree is one of the best albums ever imo. I wasn't to happy with the music they made in the 90s, I like their old material better. And How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is one of the best albums in the last few years.

The Joshua Tree is the peak of U2. Too bad they haven't put out a great album after it, apart "All That You Can't Leave Behind", in which I think they sounded fresh. But "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" seems overproduced to me. Rock bands have frontmen sing. They don't need all that electronic stuff to sound cool. And I'm talking specifically about the first single, "Vertigo". Probably the worst crap U2 have ever put out.

Guest Sweet_Emotion

I kinda grew up with them. My daddy loves them so they were played in the car alot.

I definitely prefer old stuff to new! One, Pride and where the streets have no name are by far my favourites. The new stuff is good enough but Bono pisses me off like no other. He's a big-headed fucker.

I like U2 and I'm not ashamed of it, everytime someone at my school looks on my ipod (my friends i dont just give it to anybody) they see U2 on there and there always like "That is so gay" I just don't understand why most people think U2 is gay?

I don't think U2 are a homosexual band, but I still hate them.

I like U2 and I'm not ashamed of it, everytime someone at my school looks on my ipod (my friends i dont just give it to anybody) they see U2 on there and there always like "That is so gay" I just don't understand why most people think U2 is gay?

I knew you would hate them! :lol:

I knew you would hate them! :lol:

:lol:

Really?!?! Howcome?!?!