Maybe Robin will take over as lead guitarist for GNR

damiandoerr

Axl may choose to scale back the line up and keep the chemistry intact as apposed to bringing someone new in to the band. Its seems that if a replacement was made that there would have been a announcement or at the very least a rumor would have been started.

Oh but there have been rumours lately. Lots of them. All pointing to the man with the top hat who can walk on water.

But we'll have to see, because no one's talking.

I agree with Sly when it comes to Finck, although I was pleasantly surprised with his work on the demos. If what he cannot pull off is the old solos...well, maybe Axl isn't going to employ that type of solo on Chi Dem. So it'll only affect live performances of the old songs...as 2002 shows, maybe those aren't a top concern for the band, especially with lots of new material to choose from. Just a theory, again we will have to see.

But I'm 90% certain there will be a third guitarist. That's just my feeling based on everything that's happened.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue. Seems like they can have almost anybody for a third guitarist. Or they'll end up setteling with two. Could be anything really.

they might surprise you with bringing 7 people on piano/keyboard/samples/effects. Who knows.

I don't think there will be a third guitar player. Or let's say so, If there will be a third guitarplayer, then he is already chosen and practicing with the band. Tour starts in a month, not much time searching and rehearsing. As I said, I think Robin and Richard will be the two guitarplayers and they will switch between Lead and Rhytmn.

I hope it is Finck as the lead guitar player. The notion of having 2 lead guitar players was cool, but I don't think it would work over the long term. Buckethead already left.

Lead guitar players may not admit it publically, but they have an ego, and take it as an affront if they have to share the spotlight. To Finck's credit, he was ready and able to let it happen.

Besides, with that many people on stage, sooner or later someone's gonna run into each other. JMO.

Really Axl should've got rid of either Finck or Fortus and put Bucket as the sole lead guitarist. Now the virtuoso genius has gone and all we have left are two guitarists who are distinctly average in comparison to Slash and Buckethead.

Lets not lie to ourselves here people. Axl was poor to average by his standards in 02 and Buckethead was the main attraction really. Unless Axl's voice has miraculously recovered, GnR needs Buckethead back or somebody just as good, otherwise the tour is gonna be lame.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Really Axl should've got rid of either Finck or Fortus and put Bucket as the sole lead guitarist. Now the virtuoso genius has gone and all we have left are two guitarists who are distinctly average in comparison to Slash and Buckethead.

Lets not lie to ourselves here people. Axl was poor to average by his standards in 02 and Buckethead was the main attraction really. Unless Axl's voice has miraculously recovered, GnR needs Buckethead back or somebody just as good, otherwise the tour is gonna be lame.

w00t?! :blink: sorry. but that's just plain wrong.

a question to every forum member that attended to any of the 2002 shows. Was Buckethead the main attraction?

Of course no. If you want technical maniacs then see a CCBOBB (Colonel Claypools Bucket of bernie brains), Dram theater, Yngwie Malmsteen or whatever. But that's not what GnR fans are interested in when they go to a rock show. And when plaing rock Bucket's pretty ordinay, he just look wierd.

Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant to say Buckethead was the most impressive part of the tour, he performed the best and he shouldn't have had to share the lead. His versions of the solos completely pimpslapped Fincks into next week.

So yeah, if there's no replacment and Axl hasn't improved, we can all look forward to more micky mouse Axl and Finck fucking every other solo up... EXCITING!

Edited by PurpleHaze

Finck has been one of the lead guitarists, he did more soloing than buckethead on the 2002 tour. so he is perfectly capable.

Spot the two words that dont fit on the same post with "Finck"

"lead" and "guitarist" ? :laugh:;)

Don't be so harsh dude. ;)

Edited by Spoon87

ok i am sick and tired of every one baggin on fink

he is an amazing guitar player

and no he doesnt need to go practice or blah blah blah

you just need to shut the fuck up

look at the work he did with nine inch nails

it is oragional and amazing

there is a reason axl picked robin to play in gnr

do u think he would pick a player who sucks? i dont think so

plus listin to some of the new songs better for example

that song is over flowing with fink

the way the licks are played and the style everything

its all robin and axl

dont get me wrong bucket was a great player but i dout he had much to do with the melodys

and for on topic im sure robin will play lead but even if he doet not whoo cares as long as he is still in the band

Finck has been one of the lead guitarists, he did more soloing than buckethead on the 2002 tour. so he is perfectly capable.

I would say the two words are "perfectly capable" *g*

I would say the two words are "perfectly capable" *g*

I know...

Basicly Finck plays everything better than the media manipulator with the stupid hat.

End of topic.

works for me rock3

but now you´re beeing pathetic

I personally really like finck. When i first saw RIR3 i alway hoped for finck to play the solo, when i knew a solo would come. It´s not that Buckethead couldn´t play, but i just found that he had no style, so i prefered Finck, who looked like he was "feeling" the song.

Robin may not have the technical ability of Buckethead, but he certainly has more soul and a better melodic sense take the solo in the Blues for example.

Edited by bax