John 5 cancels solo tour

mynameisjonas

I guess this is the missing link between John 5 and GN'R:

John 5 in Guns N Roses??????????

I think he would be the perfect addition to the new GnR. I have seen him play live with Halford (Two), Manson and Zombie. He also played with David Lee for an album. Amazing player, great stage presences. Check out his "Vertigo" album. His band, Loser, was supposed to be touring in May BUT I am told by bookers they are canceling the tour. Most clubs have removed them from their website. This could free him up for a few weeks of rehearsal with GnR before they hit Europe in late May. Speaking of Guns n Roses... The leaked demo tracks sound amazing. There is a song called, "Better" that is one of the best rock tracks I have heard in years. IRS is ALSO Killer. People sometime forget what a great songwriter Axl Rose is. He has written some of the true rock classics of the past 19 years... and it sounds like more of them are on the way. For more on John 5 and GnR listen to the recent Talking Metal podcasts.

BUT AGAIN - I know nothing official on John 5 or GnR... no one does. Dizzy Reed said recently on WMMR that he doesn't even know what is going except GnR are playing this summer. It is all guess work my friends.

BUT I was told by someone on the Rob Zombie tour that GnR management had contacted John 5.... I was not told why they were contacting but you would think it might be about playing guitar for one of their artists.

Source:

http://strigl.livejournal.com/1382.html

Edited by Wando

i sure as hell hope not.

if he's announced as the new guitarist, I will write an email to Dizzy in staunch disagreement with adding another freakshow (i dont care how good a player he is).

i will not have my favorite band - one with a certain image and reputation, be disreputed by another ridiculous addition.

im sure most of you agree on this.

i know ill get bashed for this, but i dont care. id rather have john 5 then any of the other rumored guitarists next to Slash. he has a feel that is slightly bluesy, slightly emotional and slighty shredder. i think it just fits with guns new stuff. his image is interesting but some recent photos seem slightly more tame then back in the manson days.

i sure as hell hope not.

if he's announced as the new guitarist, I will write an email to Dizzy in staunch disagreement with adding another freakshow (i dont care how good a player he is).

i will not have my favorite band - one with a certain image and reputation, be disreputed by another ridiculous addition.

I agree 110% percent !

i sure as hell hope not.

um yeah... cuz bucket wasn't a freak show... and his image isn't so ... "gothish" as it used to be, he's fine. I'm all for him joining on board! rock3

i sure as hell hope not.

I Agree, you have my vote.

Maby i can go for it if they put a black garbage sack over his head while they play. Cant understand what that nude model Aria Giovanni see in this junk.

Screw em all!

i sure as hell hope not.

um yeah... cuz bucket wasn't a freak show... and his image isn't so ... "gothish" as it used to be, he's fine. I'm all for him joining on board! rock3

are you for real?

im not saying he's any more or less a freakshow than Buckethead... simply saying I don't want him in Guns N' Roses. Period.

at this point, unless the new guitarist is either Slash or someone that looks like a classic rock guitarist, I will not be in favor.

Edited by Madagascar88

i sure as hell hope not.

are you for real?

im not saying he's any more or less a freakshow than Buckethead... simply saying I don't want him in Guns N' Roses. Period.

i dunno if the guy wants in, why the hell not, if he can play the hell out of old and new material it don't really matter. Image or not i'm sure he'd do just fine.

well there's the problem... if you're wanting in someone that looks or plays like slash go see velvet revolver or if they broke up some slash sideproject.

Edited by RocknRollDemon5318

i sure as hell hope not.

You say that like you have a say or something. If Axl chooses John 5, then John 5 it is.

I'd rather have a classic rock look too, but whatever. That ship has already sailed I'm afraid.

Anyone got any pics of this guy as he usually is?

If he's cancelling his tour dates, then the timing really coincides with GN'R's timing. His name has been mentioned as a possibility for a long time. I tend to believe this is pretty credible.