If You Could Bring One Back

xxAmandaxx

Who would you bring back and why  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There's only one realistic answer for me, Hendrix is the lone man listed who had the potential to have an awesome impact on the face of music if he had lived. The double-album he was working on would have been his greatest, the remnants of it being among his best songs. The week he died he was scheduled to record with Miles Davis, this session would have not only joined the two most dynamic musicians at that time, but their stylistic convergence would have resulted in unimaginable forms.

Most of the artists you listed had made the biggest marks they would make, especially Lennon and Presley. The sky was the limit for Hendrix.

There's only one realistic answer for me, Hendrix is the lone man listed who had the potential to have an awesome impact on the face of music if he had lived. The double-album he was working on would have been his greatest, the remnants of it being among his best songs. The week he died he was scheduled to record with Miles Davis, this session would have not only joined the two most dynamic musicians at that time, but their stylistic convergence would have resulted in unimaginable forms.

Most of the artists you listed had made the biggest marks they would make, especially Lennon and Presley. The sky was the limit for Hendrix.

Disagree re Lennon. He was cut down in his prime, he was only 40 and his first album in years was great. God only knows what more he could have done in the 25 years since his death. I agree re Presley though, but he wasnt a songwriter.

Disagree re Lennon. He was cut down in his prime, he was only 40 and his first album in years was great. God only knows what more he could have done in the 25 years since his death. I agree re Presley though, but he wasnt a songwriter.

I don't hear about Double Fantasy too often.

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)

Woman

(Just Like) Starting Over

These are rated up there with Lennon's best work! God knows what he could have done if he'd stopped letting Yoko interfere.

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Woman

These are rated up there with Lennon's best work! God knows what he could have done if he'd stopped letting Yoko interfere.

With the way albums released before death are usually hyped up it couldn't have been that great.

Besides, all of Lennon's solo work was after the storm anyway, he could never outdo the legacy of The Beatles.

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Woman

With the way albums released before death are usually hyped up it couldn't have been that great.

Besides, all of Lennon's solo work was after the storm anyway, he could never outdo the legacy of The Beatles.

Well considering that he was the driving force behind the Beatles, he was capable of anything.

Why couldnt it have been that great? Unfortunately we never got the chance to see how this all went if John didnt get assasinated, however the album itself was a huge success and counts toward his best solo work.

Edited by xxAmandaxx

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Woman

Well considering that he was the driving force behind the Beatles, he was capable of anything.

Why couldnt it have been that great? Unfortunately we never got the chance to see how this all went if John didnt get assinated, however the album itself was a huge success and counts toward his best solo work.

Does it? I honestly don't hear about it too often. Nobody likes to hear the content artist, or atleast very few of us do.

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Woman

Why couldnt it have been that great? Unfortunately we never got the chance to see how this all went if John didnt get assinated, however the album itself was a huge success and counts toward his best solo work.

Does it? I honestly don't hear about it too often. Nobody likes to hear the content artist, or atleast very few of us do.

Yes.

Are you kidding me??

Watching the Wheels

Woman

Yes.

Well if it is "among his best solo work", I still maintain that the impact of Hendrix's music would have outstripped his future work immeasurably.

I agree with ODS about Hendrix. I still maintain that Hendrix was an alien prophet sent to teach us mere mortals about electric zen via the medium of guitar. Just think where he could have reached with all the new music technology after his death?

I remember reading that Davis was disappointed that with Jimi's limited musical knowledge (because Jimi played a lot by feel) but thought he was a very quick learner.

Man I'd like to bring back Ian Curtis too. If only partly to break up New Order.

Guest +*Michelle*+
Freddie Mercury!

I quite agree, Freddie should be on here. Such an amazing person, singer everything love the guy :heart:

Edited by +*Michelle*+

Freddy Mercury!, but out of these Cliff Burton

Freddie Mercury!

I quite agree, Freddie should be on here. Such an amazing person, singer everything love the guy :heart:

D'oh

I was thinking of including Freddy Mercury before I wrote the options, then forgot about him till now. :(