If You Could Bring One Back

xxAmandaxx

Who would you bring back and why  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest +*Michelle*+

I quite agree, Freddie should be on here. Such an amazing person, singer everything love the guy :heart:

D'oh

I was thinking of including Freddy Mercury before I wrote the options, then forgot about him till now. :(

No problem ;) Next time yeah.

I already voted, though I didn't notice bob marley, we're blood brothers :heart:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that Davis was disappointed that with Jimi's limited musical knowledge (because Jimi played a lot by feel) but thought he was a very quick learner.

Man I'd like to bring back Ian Curtis too. If only partly to break up New Order.

Hell, lets bring back Ian Curtis and Miles Davis. That'd put a whole new meaning to the term fusion

there's just one answer John Lennon

I agree with Amanda that Lennon was capable to write some great albums but I think Macca was the drving force behind the beatles. Lennon was more of a talker than a songwriter.

Lennon of course. :heart:

McCartney?? No way!!! :anger: Lennon was the genius behind the Beatles.

Tupac Shakur, cause then rapmusic wouldn't be flooded with idiots like Eminem and 50Cent.

Freddie Mercury, cause he's the greatest rock entertainer that ever breathed on this planet.

Shit yeah I forgot about Tupac...still, some think he's still alive... :monkey:

Tupac Shakur, cause then rapmusic wouldn't be flooded with idiots like Eminem and 50Cent.

Freddie Mercury, cause he's the greatest rock entertainer that ever breathed on this planet.

Shit yeah I forgot about Tupac...still, some think he's still alive... :monkey:

... but he is dead. these rumours are all bullshit.

There's only one realistic answer for me, Hendrix is the lone man listed who had the potential to have an awesome impact on the face of music if he had lived. The double-album he was working on would have been his greatest, the remnants of it being among his best songs. The week he died he was scheduled to record with Miles Davis, this session would have not only joined the two most dynamic musicians at that time, but their stylistic convergence would have resulted in unimaginable forms.

Most of the artists you listed had made the biggest marks they would make, especially Lennon and Presley. The sky was the limit for Hendrix.

I totally agree mate, out of all the people in that list Hendrix still had potential, the rest had ran out of steam and were past their prime. Hendrix was in a big addiction though and was completly ill, it would of been very hard to pull him from it.

Another mention is SRV, while his prime was the early 80's Texas Flood era (actully if you want him at his prime, Live at the Elmo 83, sure he was a wreck with drug and alcohol addictions but man, it pushed himself to play guitar like no one else) But the late 80's and early 90's he was back to his prime, he was expanding his horizons, turning more jazzier, i would of loved to heared some from him (or to see him live :( )

I remember reading that Davis was disappointed that with Jimi's limited musical knowledge (because Jimi played a lot by feel) but thought he was a very quick learner.

Man I'd like to bring back Ian Curtis too. If only partly to break up New Order.

Hell, lets bring back Ian Curtis and Miles Davis. That'd put a whole new meaning to the term fusion

Just trying to imagine what such a combination would sound like is stretching the barriers of my feeble mind.

Dimebag Darrell.

I would have seen Damageplan live spring 2005 if he wouldnt have been shot. In a few years Phil and Dime would have worked out their differences, Pantera would have reformed and made a fucking kickass comeback record.. Now that wont happen, and that saddens me so much.

R.I.P Dime :cry:

We miss ya everyday, get'cha pull!

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There's only one realistic answer for me, Hendrix is the lone man listed who had the potential to have an awesome impact on the face of music if he had lived. The double-album he was working on would have been his greatest, the remnants of it being among his best songs. The week he died he was scheduled to record with Miles Davis, this session would have not only joined the two most dynamic musicians at that time, but their stylistic convergence would have resulted in unimaginable forms.

Most of the artists you listed had made the biggest marks they would make, especially Lennon and Presley. The sky was the limit for Hendrix.

I totally agree mate, out of all the people in that list Hendrix still had potential, the rest had ran out of steam and were past their prime. Hendrix was in a big addiction though and was completly ill, it would of been very hard to pull him from it.

Another mention is SRV, while his prime was the early 80's Texas Flood era (actully if you want him at his prime, Live at the Elmo 83, sure he was a wreck with drug and alcohol addictions but man, it pushed himself to play guitar like no one else) But the late 80's and early 90's he was back to his prime, he was expanding his horizons, turning more jazzier, i would of loved to heared some from him (or to see him live :( )

SRV should have been in the poll, I agree.

Jim Morrison.

I would have liked to see how he fared in the early and late 70's. The Doors added a bass player before he died (I think). I think The Doors could have done well in the 70's.

Of course, if James Marshall Hendrix could come back to life, it would be nice.

Wouldn't that be great, both the Doors and Hendrix touring together in 1973?!!!!!

Guest zipgunboogie

um ...um...um...um..

Marc Bolan in a heart beat...he was so fuckin cool....such a good singer/song writer, and musician

ah fuck why did he have to die??

out of the list :::::

Jimi

Edited by zipgunboogie

there's just one answer John Lennon

I agree with Amanda that Lennon was capable to write some great albums but I think Macca was the drving force behind the beatles. Lennon was more of a talker than a songwriter.

Lennon of course. :heart:

McCartney?? No way!!! :anger: Lennon was the genius behind the Beatles.

They were both equal but if anything mccartney was the better of the 2, but to answer the question id say jeff buckley