A step backwards

Graeme

I've been thinking a lot of late (yes.. I know that's unusual) and i have reached a decision and that decision is this. There are lots of people on this forum who have a Firm belief that Slash, Duff and the crew will return to Guns N Roses. That's fine... in this band we all know there's not much that can't happen and there has been a lot more communication from old band members about the GnR issues. There are lots of people on this forum who believe that Slash Duff and the crew will never return to GnR. Again this is fine but you both seem to be at each others's throats about it....Now this is my opinion and please do not attack me for it. If Slash and the gang were to return to GnR then great... the layman would be satisfied, the diehards would be satisfied and a lot of people would be happy. But at the same time it seems to me that this would be taking a step backwards. Think of GnR as a train if you like..... Slash Duff and Matt all got off in 1997 and to go back and get them then GnR would lose all the progress it's made since. They wouldn't be able to release a recording of the musicians who they had fired (incidentally it would also put the new guys out of a job) and they'd have to re record the new material which would again take longer and there may be disagreements amongst them about how it should sound causing the same old arguments to pop up again. and we'd be beack to square one. As it stands I think we should be grateful for the band we've got.. If you don't want to be then fine don't complain at me but I am.. i think we have a group of good musicians who can provide us with the music we want to hear and i think that Axl has made a good decfision but i will leave it up for discussion.. over to you

I've been thinking a lot of late (yes.. I know that's unusual) and i have reached a decision and that decision is this. There are lots of people on this forum who have a Firm belief that Slash, Duff and the crew will return to Guns N Roses. That's fine... in this band we all know there's not much that can't happen and there has been a lot more communication from old band members about the GnR issues. There are lots of people on this forum who believe that Slash Duff and the crew will never return to GnR. Again this is fine but you both seem to be at each others's throats about it....Now this is my opinion and please do not attack me for it. If Slash and the gang were to return to GnR then great... the layman would be satisfied, the diehards would be satisfied and a lot of people would be happy. But at the same time it seems to me that this would be taking a step backwards. Think of GnR as a train if you like..... Slash Duff and Matt all got off in 1997 and to go back and get them then GnR would lose all the progress it's made since. They wouldn't be able to release a recording of the musicians who they had fired (incidentally it would also put the new guys out of a job) and they'd have to re record the new material which would again take longer and there may be disagreements amongst them about how it should sound causing the same old arguments to pop up again. and we'd be beack to square one. As it stands I think we should be grateful for the band we've got.. If you don't want to be then fine don't complain at me but I am.. i think we have a group of good musicians who can provide us with the music we want to hear and i think that Axl has made a good decfision but i will leave it up for discussion.. over to you

yea but...... maybe slash, duff and crew want to hop back on the train to go futher up the track to another place that they haven't been yet

yea but...... maybe slash, duff and crew want to hop back on the train to go futher up the track to another place that they haven't been yet

Ah but in that case the last 13 years of work will be for nothing and we'll have to wait for them to go on even further. In that case the train will have to go back and get them :P

Slash leaved in 96' Duff leaved in 97' and Matt got kicked LATE 97'

way too much to read

what´s that for a fucking opinion, you´re on a message board !!!!!!!!!!

everytime i hear this sentence drives me nuts

@ topic

I think you´re right, as much as i love the old members, there is a new band now, who have (hopefully) recorded a new album, maybe Guns will reunite in the future, but not now.

Now it´s time for Chines Democracy and for the new band

Slash leaved in 96' Duff leaved in 97' and Matt got kicked LATE 97'

what's the difference between 97 and LATE 97? they're still 97 aren't they? I will admit i got the slash date wrong but if you're going to scrutinize at least do it right

true, and thinking bout it, slash could walk straight on and take an empty seat while duff would have to wait for the next train to pass by since his all the seats were taken..... so unless stinson leaves or is kicked duff aint comming back, unlessssss........ there is 2 bass guitarist

true, and thinking bout it, slash could walk straight on and take an empty seat while duff would have to wait for the next train to pass by since his all the seats were taken..... so unless stinson leaves or is kicked duff aint comming back, unlessssss........ there is 2 bass guitarist

why would they have 2 bass guitarists :unsure:

Has any band ever done that before? It would be quite interesting to hear the resulting sound

why would they have three guitarists :unsure:

anybody has seen concert for bangladesh from George Harrisson

that was a lot, even two drummers :monkey:

Has any band ever done that before? It would be quite interesting to hear the resulting sound

it wont happen since the bass section will probaly louder then the rythem section unlesssss....... they get another rythem player aswell... nah who am i kidding

V.

it wont happen since the bass section will probaly louder then the rythem section unlesssss....... they get another rythem player aswell... nah who am i kidding

V.

if they had 2 bassists they would need 4 rythem

SO this is The concert for bangladesh

george harrison: vocals, guitar

Eric Clapton: guitars

bob dylan: vocals,guitars, harmonica

billy preston: vocals keyborads

leon russel: vocals, keyboards

ringo starr: drums, vocals, tambourine

plus The band: three people on acoustic guitars

one on rhytm guitar

one lead guitar

two on bass guitar

one for percussion

one for drums

imagine all this people on stage plus 6 people on horns and 6 backing vocalists

and nearly all people played on all tracks (except dylan), just the person who did vocals changed (they were not singing all together :rofl-lol: )