How easy is it?

Appetite For Waiting

i think eminem is probaly the best song writer around..... but Axl isn't 28 anymore, he is 44 and i am not expecting him to prance around on stage like a badass, his music is what people come to hear, his badass attitude is just a bonus for a concert.... though i would like to see him as a badass on stage

:rofl-lol: I like this guy..hes fucking crazy!

Eminem is a great lyricist.....

Eminem is an untalented idiot who he's in tune with his mediocre time.

No wonder you like him WC ! :heart:

yeh, hes so untalented hes become a legendary rapper <_<

Just ignore Niveen and put him on Block, Digital..........

waste of fucking time and oxygen......

and I actually like some rap.....I don't limit myself to one genre'.......I do have favorites, but I listen to a bit

of everything........I think you cheat yourself If you don't........a closed mind is a tool of ignorance!

W.

RAP... retards attempting poetry. fuck RAP!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem is a great lyricist.....

Eminem is an untalented idiot who he's in tune with his mediocre time.

No wonder you like him WC ! :heart:

Damn - I have to agree with WC and the others, though I admit I never gave it much thought until this thread.

I don't always agree with what Eminem says (as I don't always agree with what Axl says) in his songs, but the lyrics are well written and he displays a talent for speaking to his target demographics. In a lot of ways, Axl and Eminem are actually very similar.

Well written.......you have to give him credit for his lyrics........he says things other people just THINK......

and that takes "testicular Fortitude".....to go against the flow.....and know you are going to be slammed for it!

The music scene is a bit devastated, but there is good music around......try Dream Theater, for epic ballads

and a tight band......and ZAKK and BLS for balls against the wall rock....love Mafia and "the river" is haunting.......

back on topic.........Scientifically........

The VERY SAME THINGS that attract "lightning" to strike in the first place.......can attract it again........

true fact.....and metaphorically speaking.......

W.

i think eminem is probaly the best song writer around..... but Axl isn't 28 anymore, he is 44 and i am not expecting him to prance around on stage like a badass, his music is what people come to hear, his badass attitude is just a bonus for a concert.... though i would like to see him as a badass on stage

eminem? :lol: your kidding right

In a lot of ways, Axl and Eminem are actually very similar.

In more ways than one....:confused:

axl.jpg

VH2 also played "Lose Yourself" for a while in their regular "best of 1980-present" feature, so credit where it's due. The "Triumph" video was also hilarious.

that was just wrong. it was coz Axl took the spotlight at the 2002 VMA's wasnt it?

If Axl can't do it... MUSIC IS DOOMED FOREVER!!!!!!

rock4

how will it be.

Some people here think they are living in 88 or 91.

The hard rock scene is dead,the hair metal era is dead.If Axl does his job releasing the album and doing some good concerts,it´s ok for me..I think he can't have the world in his hands nowadays like most of the people here believe.

In a lot of ways, Axl and Eminem are actually very similar.

In more ways than one....:confused:

axl.jpg

VH2 also played "Lose Yourself" for a while in their regular "best of 1980-present" feature, so credit where it's due. The "Triumph" video was also hilarious.

Yes, it was Red Europe...........how are you today??

Forum is a bit rabid today......think I'm gonna TCB and Chillax........

and ON TOPIC.......yes, lightning can strike twice!! Cause' the Same factors Draw it...read the science books

kids..........and take that metaphorically also.

God I wish that Fucking Warchild would shut the hell up............Goddamn post whore!!! Asshole!

SYD

Some people here think they are living in 88 or 91.

The hard rock scene is dead,the hair metal era is dead.If Axl does his job releasing the album and doing some good concerts,it´s ok for me..I think he can't have the world in his hands nowadays like most of the people here believe.

Your Screename negates any Validity your err......"comment" may have had........

Feathers on the brain can make you insane........

and Lightning can strike twice....like it or not.....when was the last time a DEMO made the charts? Hmmmm?

SYD

Howsit going Elmir....thought you left for the ROV board........

Eminem is a great lyricist.....some of his shit is soooooo sick and twisted......gotta love it.......

but he has faded a bit.........

KUDOS!

WC

naa...i just pull a WC stunt every now and again...disappear for a while...let these naysayers have their 15 min of fame...and then resurface when they least expect it...

good to see you back...good things happening...finally...hold thumbs big chief...this may just be our year....if it is...our first beer is on me....

rock on...

Eminem is a great lyricist.....some of his shit is soooooo sick and twisted......gotta love it.......

KUDOS!

WC

naa...i just pull a WC stunt every now and again...disappear for a while...let these naysayers have their 15 min of fame...and then resurface when they least expect it...

good to see you back...good things happening...finally...hold thumbs big chief...this may just be our year....if it is...our first beer is on me....

rock on...

Good to see you back.......HA! a WC stunt.....Damn Man!!!

Yeah, A lot is STILL going on...........Back To Chaos As Usual...........ain't it fun?

How about Jager or Mr. Cuervo instead of Beer Though..........? or.....Absinthe??

Locked and Loaded!!

WC

How about Jager or Mr. Cuervo instead of Beer Though..........? or.....Absinthe??

Locked and Loaded!!

WC

if you click on my name...you will see that Mr. Cuervo is my middle name...and Absinthe was my maiden name before....uhmmm...nevermind...ignore that one...

KUDOS!

WC

rock on...

Good to see you back.......HA! a WC stunt.....Damn Man!!!

Yeah, A lot is STILL going on...........Back To Chaos As Usual...........ain't it fun?

Locked and Loaded!!

WC

I love Mr. Cuervo go with that.Beet tastes like piss.

right...

ok, the Axl Rose / GNR comeback will not be a failure...because its Axl Rose...and not anyone else...

there's your answer...

you're just bored...with nothing to do...and can't wait for the first show...where everything will be revealed...

patience...as he said...you will be rewarded...

The only thing Axl and co have going for them is that the current rock music scene is so dire that they have no direct threat from anyone around right now to put a dent in this comeback bid. In fact there hasn't been a decent movement in music since the Nirvana/Seattle scene of the early 90's and that wil help Axl in his cause IF he can deliver the goods.

However, as the VMA's showed, Rose is no spring chicken now and his new band are just a bunch of nameless, faceless hired hands, so, although i think they will be able to make a short term impact through hype and curiosity alone, in the longer term i believe they will fade like a painting in the sun. This will make the REUNION all the more sweeter though - just ask the Crue. rock3

To the author of this thread, did you never hear of Aerosmith and the comeback album PUMP?

probably not

Ssiscool, you are, as usual, wrong. I've been an Aerosmith fan longer than I've been a GNR fan and am the proud owner of a pristine vinyl PUMP. Then again, as you were about one when PUMP was released, what the fuck would you know? But just remember how Aerosmith managed to re-define themselves - by running perilously close to the divide between rock n' roll (credibility) and pop (no credibility). They finally felt over the wrong side of that line that thy had spent so long tenuously close to in the late 90s nad now "Just don't wanna miss a thing!" I would rather Axl sings to small clubs of nostalgic metal-heads than releases a "Pink" or, God forbid, a "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing".

And for all your bad-mouthing of Eminem, people, the guy was the closest thing we've had to another Axl Rose since, well, since Axl himself burst onto the scene. He caused controversy and he actually got people talking about music again.

The guy is an incredibly talented lyricist - just listen to Stan - it's just a pity that he caved into the pressures of writing about popular culture. He finished his career by degregating the genre he had come to define.

And to the guy who asked do the Rolling Stones fill a vacuum every time they resurface - no of course not. But, firstly, their musical output these days couldn't even begin to fill any vacuum (anybody hear the last album - mediocre to the core). Secondly, they haven't delayed releasing extant material so many times that expectations have reached excessively high proportions. And thirdly, they are out of touch with the modern generation of music listeners. GNR are not. Look at the kids you see buying GNR albums in HMV and Virgin. They weren't even born in 1993!

I'm just worried that a hell of a lot of people on these forums honestly believe that Chinese Democracy is going to be some great event that will redefine not only rock n' roll, but music itself. I'm afraid that a lot of people are letting themselves in for a giant disappointment.

The decline of ( c)rap music and the resurgence of rock music must be distressing to non-guitar bands.

i hate to tell you that ©rap music is not looking like its on its way out anytime soon....there's far to much $$$$ at stake for it to just simply fade away....

however, a simple and smooth transition could happen....like the VR/Pharell colab....swinging the odds into instrumental bands' favour....

but that's all...