How easy is it?

Appetite For Waiting

The question is: does anybody believe GNR can fill this vacuum again in 2006? The whole music scene is crying out for someone to do so.

i agree people who really like good music are waiting for this hit, rap..its ... being in a metal concert in the 90's was like being in awoodstock in the 60's, rock3

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The haters and doomsayers are well.....doomed to eat their words.....I'm going to enjoy this too much!!

Please explain to the forum UniBrowChild how these "haters" and "doomsayers" are "doomed to eat their words?"

As the polls and majority of comments here have alreadyproven, what the majority of fans want is the type of band they remember. A band that had five distinct personalities, a band with chemistry, attitude,integrity and recognition that had risen from nothing to take the world by storm and become the most exciting, refreshing band since the punk movement of the 70's. These same fans want a record that measures up to the ones they have been playing for years - AFD, LIES, and the UYI's. It's pretty obvious to all here with a semblence of intelligence that the new line-up and new record will NOT live up to these expectations which in turn will not be giving you and your minority band of Axl-lites the opportunity or pleasure of seeing them eating their words. MmmmKay? :rofl-lol:

GNR music was indeed relevant to the time it was written, it also becomes relevent to any generation who hears it. Like a fine wine.This was a band who played music for all the right reasons and never allowed "the market" to drive their creativity.Every song is an experience, and though many of the songs are nothing new, the way they were done, the careful attention to detail seemingly with no attention at all, the spontaneity and power, coupled with engaging structures, chord progressions, and mysteriously haunting lyrics, made this band and their music timeless.12 year olds all over the world are, even now, being turned on to GUNS N' ROSES, loving it, and bringing the music forward in time for another generation to enjoy, who will most certainly pass it on again.Like someone said earlier, AXL is already a legend..he has his own style and charisma as opposed to all the the movement that are perverted into a money making "genre" and copied by a thousand talentless coat-tail riding posers.Chinese Democracy, like some people seems to forget, is the most anticipated album of all time..It already succeeded.

There are two colours in my head

What is that you try to say?

What was that you tried to say?

Tried to say.. tried to say..

To say.. to say.. to say...

-Thom Yorke

Biatch

Love K.

True, until the last sentence. Realistically, most people dont give a rats ass about Chinese Democracy. But once this tour gets rollin that will change.

GNR music was indeed relevant to the time it was written, it also becomes relevent to any generation who hears it. Like a fine wine.This was a band who played music for all the right reasons and never allowed "the market" to drive their creativity.Every song is an experience, and though many of the songs are nothing new, the way they were done, the careful attention to detail seemingly with no attention at all, the spontaneity and power, coupled with engaging structures, chord progressions, and mysteriously haunting lyrics, made this band and their music timeless.12 year olds all over the world are, even now, being turned on to GUNS N' ROSES, loving it, and bringing the music forward in time for another generation to enjoy, who will most certainly pass it on again.Like someone said earlier, AXL is already a legend..he has his own style and charisma as opposed to all the the movement that are perverted into a money making "genre" and copied by a thousand talentless coat-tail riding posers.Chinese Democracy, like some people seems to forget, is the most anticipated album of all time..It already succeeded.

What is that you try to say?

What was that you tried to say?

Tried to say.. tried to say..

To say.. to say.. to say...

-Thom Yorke

Biatch

Love K.

THANX K.

The haters and doomsayers are well.....doomed to eat their words.....I'm going to enjoy this too much!!

Gonna be "Amused to Death" R.W.

Joke em' if they can't take a fuck!

W.

I agree entirely wiht you K. The musical genius of GNR has meant that they still have massive appeal to this generation - their section in music stores, featuring three albums and an LP, is as large as any contemporary band. They were enver manufactured - they were always honest, and isnt honesty what rock n' roll is all about.

Axl's legend status, however, owes everything to his seclusion. Only dead men become legends - Axl Rose is a legend because to this generation he has been dead and as such that aura has built up around him. But if he puts in a few more performances like the 2002 VMAs, then that aura will collapse faster than a fat woman standing on a paper roof!

Fuckin a man, but i don't think AXL reclusion was premiditaded, legend are just meant to become legend in whatever way possible.Chinese Democracy is our solutions to our substainability problems, we need to accept that this album just have no limits, it's way over the top, why won't anyone see that this album is starving to deeply buried the ambiguous, the haters, the self-involved, short term thinking, lazy stupid fucks senseless twat that brags all day long about How Axl should reunite and all that kind of defeatism crap. This album will provide us improving, innovating music that will pass critical thresholds. you can laugh all you want but i see This album as an absolutism.

i'll fight to death to defend this album.

Edited by laval

Please explain to the forum UniBrowChild how these "haters" and "doomsayers" are "doomed to eat their words?"

As the polls and majority of comments here have alreadyproven, what the majority of fans want is the type of band they remember. A band that had five distinct personalities, a band with chemistry, attitude,integrity and recognition that had risen from nothing to take the world by storm and become the most exciting, refreshing band since the punk movement of the 70's. These same fans want a record that measures up to the ones they have been playing for years - AFD, LIES, and the UYI's. It's pretty obvious to all here with a semblence of intelligence that the new line-up and new record will NOT live up to these expectations which in turn will not be giving you and your minority band of Axl-lites the opportunity or pleasure of seeing them eating their words. MmmmKay? :rofl-lol:

Matt Sorum didn't have a distinct personality, at least not to me. Just another drummer. That being said, many of the comments I've read about the leaks were positive, and even brought some negatives out of their holes. Not everyone will love the album, that's a guarantee. If the album is a huge success, then rubbing it in the faces of people who enjoy the original band is pointless. However, expectations are created by people who wish for something fulfilling of their own tastes. Just because you don't like the new band, does not mean it is destined to fail to everyone else's expectations. Expectations are not universal, and don't present the opposite as fact.

Maybe you both should "eat your words" and quit acting like immature cupcakes. People can like both bands, or people can like one over the other. Drop it, already. It really is getting old.

Edited by Zeppelin

Give me a really good reasons why the album won't live up to YOUR expectations. What expectations? what's up with your fears man?People who experience intense fear have been known to commit irrational reasoning.That's what i see in you man.

Eminem is a great lyricist.....

Eminem is an untalented idiot who he's in tune with his mediocre time.

No wonder you like him WC ! :heart:

yeh, hes so untalented hes become a legendary rapper <_<

Just ignore Niveen and put him on Block, Digital..........

waste of fucking time and oxygen......

and I actually like some rap.....I don't limit myself to one genre'.......I do have favorites, but I listen to a bit

of everything........I think you cheat yourself If you don't........a closed mind is a tool of ignorance!

W.

No shit man---Just got some Wagner today to go along with some European prog metal.

Gotta say, of all of it, GnR and Black Sabbath are the two best bands of all time.

BTW..It's not a comeback....it's a continuity. You guys are like teens between puberty and the end of college.Although each life unfolds in its own unique pattern,you seem to be stuck in between.Time demand that we change, it's a normal transition..

Biatch.

K.

Blah blah blah warchild. And YOU are the biggest HATER on this forum !

Am I saying that the demos suck ? No ! I've said from day one that they sounded great !

Am I saying that Axl's new band is untalented ? No ! Just a bit insipid compared with GNR.

What I'm saying is, this is not Guns N'Roses. This is something else.

To the author of this thread, did you never hear of Aerosmith and the comeback album PUMP?

Try doing your homework - the comeback album was PERMANENT VACATION!

I'm just worried that a hell of a lot of people on these forums honestly believe that Chinese Democracy is going to be some great event that will redefine not only rock n' roll, but music itself. I'm afraid that a lot of people are letting themselves in for a giant disappointment.

Totally agree. Every band peaks and Guns are no exception. The album will at best be good NOT great. The 'band' will at best be 'still popular' but NOT massive. Their place in rock history is already written, this next chapter is a mere footnote. :book:

Actually the come back album was Done With Mirrors (so please do your home work, this was the album when Joe PErry came back into Aerosmith) which nobody noticed.

But PUMP was Aerosmith's true comeback album, PUMP was up there with Rocks (not better but up there) everything after PUMP was mediocre in my opinion.

I hope that this will not fall into a discussion that PUMP is not a great album, it sold millions which is not an indicator of greatness but as well as selling it was critically aclaimed and re made Aerosmith into Superstars and brought them a whole new audience.

Now please give me a sensible reason why Guns N Roses or any other band can not come back with a killer kick ass record as good as anything they have ever done before?

it took the Eagles 14 years to release a followup Album, so this isn't unprecidented.....

Know your shit before you attempt to go toe ta toe with me old man - The Eagles 'Hell freezes over' to which you are referring is NOT a full studio album and contains only a coupla new songs. Therefore it has no relevance to the Guns 'n' Roses scenario. Mmmkay? :rofl-lol:

and I am going to sadistically enjoy watching you choke on your words

Funny you mention words as yours say nothing and only seem to blow smoke up your own ass. Have you yet added ANYTHING constructive to the debates on this forum backed up with valid facts, argument and logic? MMMmm NOPE - didn't think so. Personally i think you need to stop sucking up to the mods and playing to the crowd of teens that feed your fragile ego and try joining in the debate with logic and reason instead of posting all the pointless drivel and para-phrased quotes. In short... Piss or get off the pot. Mmmmkay? :rofl-lol:

and it IS against forum rules to bash the band....sooooo oh-oh....itchy trigger finger....REPORTED!

WTF. Dude acts like a school kid yet he is forty something... what gives? :shocked:

On topic - Axl didn't need to BUT he has given himself A LOT to prove... so let's get to WORK Mr Rose. rock3

Well Said

Bloody Hell, reading this thread with Warchild pathetic comments is really tough work, who the hell decided that Warchild be some kind of supporter on this forum, the world's gone mad!! or maybe just this forum.

OK, let me get this straight. The comeback will not be a failure only because of Axl Rose?

yes.

The same Axl Rose that ruined tours in 1991, 1992, and 2002?

yes.

The same Axl Rose that has spent 13 years working on an album after pushing/forcing at least 7 musicians out of his band and still hasn't completed it?

yup.

The same Axl Rose that played the VMA's with his new band to show he was back only to proceed to suck (fail) on his first attempt at a big comeback?

opinions vary on this one...but yes...him again...

The same Axl Rose that shares no updates with all his fans?

yes.

The same Axl Rose that doesn't communicate with even his current band members? I can see your logic.

thanks...i knew you'd understand...

I don't have any idea why you would so blindly follow someone who doesn't even seem to know where he is going.

follow him where?

dude...i'm sitting down, typing this shit on my pc...i'm not following him anywhere...

Hoping he will not fail is one thing, but to believe he won't and base that belief only on the fact that he is the same Axl Rose that has failed and disappointed repeatedly is...well, not too bright.

you're way too tense...i'm not hoping he won't fail...in my mind he won't fail...in yours he may fail...its called an individual opinion...they're usually hardly ever the same between two people....that's what's so great about it...

like him or not...2006 is looking like its OUR year....the fans....whether he feels the same or not is irellevant to me...i couldn't give a fuck if he speaks to tommy three times a week or not...that's his business...i just want him to perform while he still can...and if all goes the way we hope it will...we'll get that fucking cd eventually as well...

that's all...

Axl will be all over the place in a couple months. :book:

believe that. the wait is finally drawing to an end, our longtime faith in axl rose will soon prove to be answered once and for all. :shades:

people were probably saying that in 2002 and look where it got them

Axl will be all over the place in a couple months. :book:

believe that. the wait is finally drawing to an end, our longtime faith in axl rose will soon prove to be answered once and for all. :shades:

people were probably saying that in 2002 and look where it got them

yea, but as long as a single comes out in a couple of weeks and the shows go as planned then that will be the begining of gn'r rising back to the top of the throne, don't get me wrong they are already rock royalty, they just have kept a low profile for some years

i hope he lookes at ur answers elmir, good answers.... this guy needs to relax and let things take place, axl will set things up for his return to the top

brisbane 4 life

V.

i've noticed you seem very confident in his return. if a 2002 incident happens i'll laugh coz both you and Axls_disillusion think hes going to be back on top.

now dont get me wrong i'd love for it to happen but time has changed since GNR were top of their leauge.

lets just hope he can support the tour. rock1

lol, i have only come across this amazing band about a year ago and i am not taking any notice of what happened on the 02' tour, i am just looking ahead, and it wont be the end of the world or anything if guns dont rise to the top but it would be a bonus..... i dont really care if others dont like the music guns makes, aslong as i am happy with it everyone else can piss off... that doesnt like gn'r, like u said ssiscool 'u gotta have faith'

Brisbane 4 life

V.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

At the moment I don't think rock needs saving. The Rolling Stones are doing a fine job. There's a tour to end all tours. GNR and Stones. Rock wouldn't need saving then would it?

The Bigger Bang is one of best records you'll ever buy.

SHE SAW ME COMING

(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

She saw me coming

She saw me coming, yeah

She saw me coming

I didn't see a thing

I wasn't looking

I just walked into it

A sucker for it, I'm a sucker

Thought I was so cool

She saw me coming

Boy did I get screwed... yeah!

She saw me coming

She had me dead to rights

Her aim was stunning

I was lined up in her sites

She worked so fast

And she didn't mess around

It was all over

Before the sun go down, before the sun go down

She saw me coming... Yeah

She saw me coming

She saw me coming

She moved in for the kill

She saw me coming

She served up on a grill

She busted in and she burglerized my soul

But now the bad news: she's out on parole

She wrote the opening

The middle and the end

What a cast of characters

Of lovers and my friends

The plot was twisted

There was only one result

She saw me coming

But the going, going got too tough

She saw me coming

Yeah, yes she did

She saw me coming

Right on the grid, right on the grid

She saw me coming

Oh what a stupid jerk

She saw me coming

She was a piece of work

She must have tapped my phone

She saw me coming

I felt like I was cloned

She saw me coming

She had me on the ropes

She saw me coming

Took me for a dope

She saw me coming

Yes she did, yes she did

She saw me coming

Technically speaking Permanent Vacation was Aerosmith's comeback album (and it rocked).

check these lyrics:

I got a letter from a friend the other morning

He say it's hot down in Montego Bay

I got the point and now I think it's finally dawning

Yeah, yeah, I got to get away

I got to take myself a permanent vacation

The sky's the limit but my plane won't fly

My nose is clean and lord it don't need no sedation

Yeah, yeah, and that's the reason why

I really need it, really really need St. Tropez

I want a tan where the sun it never shines

I really need it, really really need St. Tropez

You best believe it that I got to get away

I got a sister, man she really got a pinhead

She think she's kinky but she can't get straight

She say she livin' but I kinda think she's brain dead

Just excess baggage on a late night freight

Chorus

I gotta take me on a permanent vacation

The girl's be comin' down in Cayman Brack

I gotta hand it to a firm situation

Yeah, yeah I got to cut me some slack

lol, i have only come across this amazing band about a year ago and i am not taking any notice of what happened on the 02' tour, i am just looking ahead, and it wont be the end of the world or anything if guns dont rise to the top but it would be a bonus..... i dont really care if others dont like the music guns makes, aslong as i am happy with it everyone else can piss off... that doesnt like gn'r, like u said ssiscool 'u gotta have faith'

Brisbane 4 life

V.

precisly. some of the people here dont think he can do it but its all down to Axl at the end of the day. if he dosent like the feel of being on stage no more he'll end it. lets hope he keeps all the europian dates.

Hoping he will not fail is one thing, but to believe he won't and base that belief only on the fact that he is the same Axl Rose that has failed and disappointed repeatedly is...well, not too bright.

you're way too tense...i'm not hoping he won't fail...in my mind he won't fail...in yours he may fail...its called an individual opinion...they're usually hardly ever the same between two people....that's what's so great about it...

like him or not...2006 is looking like its OUR year....the fans....whether he feels the same or not is irellevant to me...i couldn't give a fuck if he speaks to tommy three times a week or not...that's his business...i just want him to perform while he still can...and if all goes the way we hope it will...we'll get that fucking cd eventually as well...

that's all...

Actually, I'm about as laid back as they come...but thanks for your concern. And obviously I didn't mean follow literally, but figuritively.

2002 looked like it was going to be our year too...maybe even moreso than 2006 - as did "Round 1" with the VMAs. You're more than entitled to your opinion - I will never question your right to have it...I just think it is purely faith based, which (in my opinion) is a poor way to form an opinion. I prefer to base my opinions somewhat on fact and not blind faith. My opinion is based not only on history, but also all the events that haven't happened to promote the upcoming tour and possible album release. Facts dictate a far more pessimistic view than the one you've chosen to take. Hopefully you are right, but if I were to bet anything of any importance on it, it would be an easy bet in the other direction.

Even if this supposed reunion happens, I would suspect it would be short lived...they went different ways for a reason, and stayed separated for a long time. I would love it, but usually that long of a separation usually happens for a very good reason.

Thank you for taking the time to respond...it seems that most people are afraid to reply to a well thought out post with anything short of a quick insult...I appreciate your response.

PS - while Aerosmith had several successful albums after they reunited, the industry (at least used to) consider Get a Grip (and especially the big ballads at the end) to be their "big" album. What amazed me most about Aerosmith was that the worst song they ever made ended up being their first Number 1 hit. I still can't listen to that piece of crap on the radio. Hell, I think their version of Happy Birthday to Joe Perry on one of the Classics Live CDs was better than I Don't Want to Miss a Thing. :vomit:

And obviously I didn't mean follow literally, but figuritively.

I know...attempt at sarcasm...didn't go down as well as I'd hoped.

2002 looked like it was going to be our year too...maybe even moreso than 2006 - as did "Round 1" with the VMAs.

not to me...VMA's were cool, but I didn't expect much then, especially after his interview with Kurt Loder...the whole 'soon' issue....that's factual enough for me to understand...

I just think it is purely faith based, which (in my opinion) is a poor way to form an opinion.

wrong...it is based on that invisible thing which everyone likes to relate to every now and again...there are many names for it...I prefer to address it is "creative excellence"....in both historic (factual track record) and sentimetal terms...

faith is different....i have no faith in him not to fuck up this tour...as a matter of fact i expect (factual historic record again) him to cause some or other racket along the way...

but I DO have "faith" in his ability to deliver material which will satisfy my musical and creative need...

Facts dictate a far more pessimistic view than the one you've chosen to take.

yes they do....but its boring as hell to live like that...

Hopefully you are right, but if I were to bet anything of any importance on it, it would be an easy bet in the other direction.

likewise...that's why i'm not betting.

Even if this supposed reunion happens, I would suspect it would be short lived...they went different ways for a reason, and stayed separated for a long time. I would love it, but usually that long of a separation usually happens for a very good reason.

personally...i'm against the whole reunion concept...cool if it happens...cool if it doesn't...who really gives a shit...just release the damn cd already...

Thank you for taking the time to respond...it seems that most people are afraid to reply to a well thought out post with anything short of a quick insult...I appreciate your response.

likewise...this discussion is a rare find on these boards nowdays...

Hell, I think their version of Happy Birthday to Joe Perry on one of the Classics Live CDs was better than I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.

its that whole factual vs non factual argument again....most people bought into it because stats and airplay made them believe it was good....right side of the brain not working as hard as it should be...

cool dude....dig your argument....but as far as Axl Rose is concerned...

think laterally...that's the only way you'll survive his madness....

cool dude....dig your argument....but as far as Axl Rose is concerned...

think laterally...that's the only way you'll survive his madness....

See? There's something we can agree on. When it comes to Axl, throw all the usual rules out because he's just going to do whatever he wants to do and our options are to accept it or move on.

Good discussion.