Is The World Really Waiting On Axl Rose?

D-GenerationX

Is the world waiting for Axl Rose? No.

Were they waiting for him 20 years ago? No.

Advantage once again goes to Axl Rose if he can produce the music. Nobody knew him 20 years ago. If no one thinks he's around now, then he has the upper hand if he does this right. People keep complaining about the VMA performance, which showcased the new band. So, why are people thinking that no one will know the band has changed, yet, they mention that everyone knows what Axl looks like with the new band? Some of you need to give your heads a shake. If people saw the VMAs, they saw the new band. Anyone who didn't see it, has no idea what Axl is trying to do. Once again, advantage Axl, but only if he does this right.

Some good points here but i'll counter with this. The world WAS waiting for Axl Rose/Guns 'n' Roses twenty years ago, they just didn't know it until he/they hit them like a fucking freight train! rock3

Which is exactly his point. If the music does what the music did 20 years ago, people will look in retrospect and attribute it all to "Axl saving rock". The same journalists that criticized before will hop on the bandwagon and kiss some rosey ass. It all boils down to two things.... 1. the quality of the music and 2. the climate for accepting that music.

The general public does NOT wait for Axl Rose, it's ridiculous to think that!

Hell, most of the general public still believes it's the original line-up.

If the MUSIC is top-notch, then Axl will rule the music scene again, but nobody's waiting for "that rock dude from the 80s"...

Agreed.

I've told pretty much everyone I know that I'm going to see Axl at Download.

99% of the time I've had to explain why thats such a big deal, and a lot of the time I also had to explain that its not the original line-up.

In my experience most peoples perspective of Axl and GNR is like my perspective of...I don't know...Madonna or someone.

I can match a name to a face, I know a hell of a lot of people like her and if I tried I could probably name a couple of songs. But that doesn't mean I care.

I think most people will listen to CD when it comes out in the same way they'd listen to anything else that got released and got air play. A lot of them probably won't know, or appreciate, how long its taken.

For them it'll just be new music by a guy who's been around for ages who they've vaugely heard of.

for all the haters and those who don't care, axl rose will be impossible to ignore over the coming years. the last true rock n' roll frontman genius and mastermind songwriter is finally back with a vengeance and i couldn't be prouder to witness it. :shades:

Let's put it this way...

Not a lot of people are "waiting"

but if Axl makes a great comeback a lot of people will go "HOLY SHIT....finally axl's back...I've waited so long for this!"

yeah they will. they probably dont realise whats stirring at the moment