RIR website boasts a 'suprise' lineup

mynameisjonas

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so anxious for their first gig now...I really want to know the line-up!

Do you think it will be the same line-up for the warm-up shows too? Would make sense...but some people seem to disagree....

The line-up will definatley be the same for all the gigs, besides maybe a guest appearance from Brian May or something. I am also extremely anxious, I just want tommorow to get here so I can find out whether or not I can get tickets.

I don't think they will send one ticket more by saying - "surprise" line up will play - cause everyone who wants to see guns will go there anyway.

So if this is from an official press release it is clear that the line up won't be the same as in 02. And as bucketheads slot is still open it has to be a lead guitarist. And there are just a few around who will make the line up special or a surprise - Zakk Wylde, Brian May or SLASH!!

So I think this is Axls Masterplan:

No announcement before the first warm up concert - because they will be sold out anyway. Axl and Slash (at least) back on stage and announcing that they will tour together this summer which will bring them huge media attention just 2 weeks before the euro tour starts. The date for this "warm up" concerts couldn't be better for such thing.

This will also be a great present for all the die hard US fans, for the fucked up 02 tour, who will see axl and slash back on stage together first.

I don't think they will send one ticket more by saying - "surprise" line up will play - cause everyone who wants to see guns will go there anyway.

So if this is from an official press release it is clear that the line up won't be the same as in 02. And as bucketheads slot is still open it has to be a lead guitarist. And there are just a few around who will make the line up special or a surprise - Zakk Wylde, Brian May or SLASH!!

No announcement before the first warm up concert - because they will be sold out anyway. Axl and Slash (at least) back on stage and announcing that they will tour together this summer which will bring them huge media attention just 2 weeks before the euro tour starts. The date for this "warm up" concerts couldn't be better for such thing.

This will also be a great present for all the die hard US fans, for the fucked up 02 tour, who will see axl and slash back on stage together first.

people just cant let the slash thing go. ITS NOT HAPPENING!

people just cant let the slash thing go. ITS NOT HAPPENING!

thank-you

does anyone realize that a surprise LINEUP means a surprise SET group of individuals touring together this summer?

a lineup does not mean a 1-2 show surprise... that would qualify as being a "surprise guest" versus a "surprise lineup"

therefore, this lineup will NOT include brian may because I can't see him touring with G'n'R the entire summer as a member of the band.

does anyone realize that a surprise LINEUP means a surprise SET group of individuals touring together this summer?

a lineup does not mean a 1-2 show surprise... that would qualify as being a "surprise guest" versus a "surprise lineup"

therefore, this lineup will NOT include brian may because I can't see him touring with G'n'R the entire summer as a member of the band.

i doubt he will either.

It just says it is a SURPRISE line up for the general public just becuase it is not KNOWN yet....

We all have an idea about what the band will be like (similar to 2002) and even those that would like to see slash back dont really belive he is coming back....

That sentence in the RIR site is based (for sure) in the recent rumours.....

something tells me that all these rumors have some level of credibility.

I second that.

Well what do you think then? Can't honestly be the VR guys, they're recording the album...

Thats a rumour too. Besides, Slash could do both...

It doesnt matter, its all a bunch of speculation

Edited by sweetness

I second that.

Well what do you think then? Can't honestly be the VR guys, they're recording the album...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/996...as-player=false

Whats that then...^^ :(

I second that.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/996...as-player=false

Whats that then...^^ :(

I can't see Slash doing both...too much of a conflict to work in GN'R and VR simultaneously. And yeah, with these latest articles about VR's new album, I don't think they have split up. So while I'd love to see Slash back, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Having said that, all the rumours that we've had mean I cannot dismiss the possibility entirely. Especially noteworthy to me is the lack of a strong denial out of either side. I really don't see the benefit in leading fans on to think Slash is back. Sure it leads to increased interest in Guns now, but what happens when they actually trot on stage with half the crowd expecting to see Slash and then he isn't there -----> BIG LETDOWN. So why don't we have a convincing denial yet?

My opinion: Probability of outcomes:

60% Buckethead (cuz he's written much of the material and is accepted by most fans + his sched is pretty open). Also, BH would qualify as a suprise since most fans think he is officially out of the band.

34% Someone else

5% Slash

I reserve the right to edit this up until May 16th. :P

Edited by KBear

Stop dreaming and start using your head. The real possibility here (for an orig. member) is Izzy Stradlin. As far as we know, all is well in the Velvet Revolver camp, and do you really think Scott Weiland would't blow his top if Slash played. Not that Scott Weiland is the head of the band or anything, but I don't think Slash would risk all that just for a one-off with Axl. Also, Izzy is planning on a box-set release and what better way to generate some publicity? Personally though, I think any of the original members (yes, any including Adler) would be freakin sweet!

Edited by troccoli