RIR website boasts a 'suprise' lineup

mynameisjonas

something tells me that all these rumors have some level of credibility.

I second that.

Well what do you think then? Can't honestly be the VR guys, they're recording the album...

Thats a rumour too. Besides, Slash could do both...

It doesnt matter, its all a bunch of speculation

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/996...as-player=false

Whats that then...^^ :(

I can't see Slash doing both...too much of a conflict to work in GN'R and VR simultaneously. And yeah, with these latest articles about VR's new album, I don't think they have split up. So while I'd love to see Slash back, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Having said that, all the rumours that we've had mean I cannot dismiss the possibility entirely. Especially noteworthy to me is the lack of a strong denial out of either side. I really don't see the benefit in leading fans on to think Slash is back. Sure it leads to increased interest in Guns now, but what happens when they actually trot on stage with half the crowd expecting to see Slash and then he isn't there -----> BIG LETDOWN. So why don't we have a convincing denial yet?

My opinion: Probability of outcomes:

60% Buckethead (cuz he's written much of the material and is accepted by most fans + his sched is pretty open). Also, BH would qualify as a suprise since most fans think he is officially out of the band.

34% Someone else

5% Slash

I reserve the right to edit this up until May 16th. :P

thats only 99% :P

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something tells me that all these rumors have some level of credibility.

I second that.

Well what do you think then? Can't honestly be the VR guys, they're recording the album...

Thats a rumour too. Besides, Slash could do both...

It doesnt matter, its all a bunch of speculation

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/996...as-player=false

Whats that then...^^ :(

I can't see Slash doing both...too much of a conflict to work in GN'R and VR simultaneously. And yeah, with these latest articles about VR's new album, I don't think they have split up. So while I'd love to see Slash back, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Having said that, all the rumours that we've had mean I cannot dismiss the possibility entirely. Especially noteworthy to me is the lack of a strong denial out of either side. I really don't see the benefit in leading fans on to think Slash is back. Sure it leads to increased interest in Guns now, but what happens when they actually trot on stage with half the crowd expecting to see Slash and then he isn't there -----> BIG LETDOWN. So why don't we have a convincing denial yet?

My opinion: Probability of outcomes:

60% Buckethead (cuz he's written much of the material and is accepted by most fans + his sched is pretty open). Also, BH would qualify as a suprise since most fans think he is officially out of the band.

34% Someone else

5% Slash

I reserve the right to edit this up until May 16th. :P

thats only 99% :P

The other 1% means no replacement, just Finck and Fortus.

Okay, you're right. I can't add. :P

Stop dreaming and start using your head. The real possibility here (for an orig. member) is Izzy Stradlin. As far as we know, all is well in the Velvet Revolver camp, and do you really think Scott Weiland would't blow his top if Slash played. Not that Scott Weiland is the head of the band or anything, but I don't think Slash would risk all that just for a one-off with Axl. Also, Izzy is planning on a box-set release and what better way to generate some publicity? Personally though, I think any of the original members (yes, any including Adler) would be freakin sweet!

Indeed.

Everyone wants Slash back. I still have no idea why he left. Whatever. Why did Izzy leave? I can't see why anyone would do that.

Artistic Irreconcilable Differences with Interludes of Childish Madness...how's that?

Not bad <_<

I would be pretty happy if Slash came back. Mainly because GNR still play mostly old material live. It seems stupid to have this whole new band just to play 4 tracks. Axl really did nail it with these leaks tho. Better is a classic song. So it's hard to decide. I think get Slash back anyway. Get everyone in for a tour. Slash loves a good tour. I guess if you like Slash you can listen to VR.

It just says it is a SURPRISE line up for the general public just becuase it is not KNOWN yet....

We all have an idea about what the band will be like (similar to 2002) and even those that would like to see slash back dont really belive he is coming back....

That sentence in the RIR site is based (for sure) in the recent rumours.....

Finally!!!!! Someone who can read English sentences!!!!!!! Thank you god!!!!!!!

It just says it is a SURPRISE line up for the general public just becuase it is not KNOWN yet....

We all have an idea about what the band will be like (similar to 2002) and even those that would like to see slash back dont really belive he is coming back....

That sentence in the RIR site is based (for sure) in the recent rumours.....

Finally!!!!! Someone who can read English sentences!!!!!!! Thank you god!!!!!!!

I have to disagree with both of you. Velvet Revolver are mentioned in the article. General public knows that Slash, Duff and Matt are no longer in GNR : Matt Sorum no hard feelings

Matt Sorum, currently the drummer of Velvet Revolver and previously a member of Guns n’ Roses – he was Steven Adler’s replacement – wrote in his blog about his recent encounter with Axl Rose in New York.

"I hadn't seen him in at least six years," he wrote. "I walked over and said 'Hello.' We shook hands and it was pleasant. Later that evening, I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village where Axl was again. We spoke for quite some time, and it was nice to clear some things up. I told him how great a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all. It was an all-around good vibe, I think."

The band’s line-up for the Tour has not yet been released and is announced as a ‘surprise’ for the audience.

If by "surprise" they are refering to the 2002 line-up, the people who wrote the article deserve to have every tooth in the head smashed ! :angry:

Edited by Alan Niveen

umm....

not to be an asshole but....

i really wouldnt see the point in promoting this....

i mean i dont know why in gods name axl would be calling RIR people saying the lineups gona be a surprise when hes doing these new york shows way before the surprise even starts....

i just find it confusing....

what the hell!

so like hes gonna do these warm up shows with an entirely different cast of members to get them ready and then get another surprise for later?

or is he just an idiot and didnt quite notice that the word would get out.

now i dont know if this deserves an entire thread or not but.....

does anyone else find this a bit confusing?..... you know now that the thoughts in your head?

if theres something i missed about this and im just being a dumbass then delete this thread