A Worrying fact that has been troubling me

Cool Dr. Money

I was listening to TWAT and Better today and I've come to realize that while to the GnR community these are heartfelt ballads by Axl, to some they may be considered emo. (Simply because anything that is somewhat slow and doesnt blatantly overuse power chords is considered emo) Now thats all fine but i fear that if Better and/or TWAT become hits (which i see they have the potential to do) that we will see a rush of myspace scene kids with "For this love, There Was A Time" or "Now I Know you Better" as their quotes. Quite frankly i don't like the thought of Emo kids sharing the same taste in music as me, but the more i thought the more i came to realize that for Chinese Democracy to be a statistical success there must be some sort of songs to appeal to those people.

Don't get me wrong i want GNR to dominate the world with their amazing solos and spine tingling lyrics (because lets face it nothing in the last 5 years compares to November Rain) But the thought of going to see GNR live and rocking out near Emo People is frightening and slightly disheartening. Fortunatley this only applies to us in the United States because our rock scene (although hard to admit) is utter garbage... :confused:

So i was wondering how some others feel about this....?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, you lost me after you said Better was a slow ballad.

But, by your logic... The Garden, Don't Cry and Patience are all slow, emo ballads. But, if you don't like emo songs, you can always listen to Bon Jovi. ;)

I suggest you stop using stereotypes like 'emo'. Especially stop fearing them.

yeah...better's not an emo song in the least. I dont think any of these are, listen to Bright Eyes or fucking shitty-ass Hawthorne Heights and listen to the new GnR songs...what are you talking about. There's always gonna be some fags that come to these concerts because they heard GnR was big back in the day and listened to their shit a week ago pretending they know everything. It happens everywhere, as far as i'm concerned i can deal with it. If they try to act bad-ass, knock their wrist-slitting asses out! :shocked:

If you are a true fan you don't care what "the people" think.

Agree'd, GNR needs any support that they can get. It makes no difference how old you are, if the music speeks to you and you like it thats all that matters. 17 years ago, we all got the same crap from others too, since we were all so young, people said "oh they can't relate to this" well that was crap back then and now. It dosent matter how long you have listened to GNR to make you a true fan, thats a bunch of BS.

Everything things just rock n roll or music or whatever. A Weezer song could be good. If an Emo fan likes GNR it's a good thing. It's ok to like just one type of music as well. But is it really worth hating stuff?

emo's have taken over the world anyway maybe you'll make more friends :rolleyes:

rofllllolio's

k anyway on a more serious note,

Emo->Emotional, its lost its real meaning and become a product

imo these songs are emotional, but not todays "emo"

this is front line rock n roll, i dont give a fuck what other people think

ive let my friends listen to the songs, they wont stop listening to em,

nothing more to say.

James S.

why does everyone talks about this "emo" stuff...would someone tell me what the fuck is "emo"? <_<

guys who dress gay, wear a lot of black, makeup maybe, and they wanna die or are in a state or permanent depression and they cut themselves and always talk about crying at night , haha i didnt know what emo was before either :laugh:

James S.

why does everyone talks about this "emo" stuff...would someone tell me what the fuck is "emo"? <_<

guys who dress gay, wear a lot of black, makeup maybe, and they wanna die or are in a state or permanent depression and they cut themselves and always talk about crying at night , haha i didnt know what emo was before either :laugh:

James S.

oooooooo them? I think they're AKA Losers <_< ........hehe I think I saw a South Park episode about it :D....oh wait no, those were goths...is that the same thing? :drevil:

James S.

oooooooo them? I think they're AKA Losers <_< ........hehe I think I saw a South Park episode about it :D....oh wait no, those were goths...is that the same thing? :drevil:

Emo's are like the new goth era :lol::rofl-lol:

James S. (that episode was funny lol)

why does everyone talks about this "emo" stuff...would someone tell me what the fuck is "emo"?

guys who dress gay, wear a lot of black, makeup maybe, and they wanna die or are in a state or permanent depression and they cut themselves and always talk about crying at night , haha i didnt know what emo was before either

James S.

oooooooo them? I think they're AKA Losers <_< ........hehe I think I saw a South Park episode about it :D....oh wait no, those were goths...is that the same thing?

Emo's are like the new goth era :lol::rofl-lol:

James S. (that episode was funny lol)

hahaha what a bunch of losers...but whatever, as long as they don't bother me....on topic, um....how are those songs emo?? <_< ..................I'm gonna start doing this now..........see below :P

Kannon<---------that :rofl-lol:

I was listening to TWAT and Better today and I've come to realize that while to the GnR community these are heartfelt ballads by Axl, to some they may be considered emo. (Simply because anything that is somewhat slow and doesnt blatantly overuse power chords is considered emo) Now thats all fine but i fear that if Better and/or TWAT become hits (which i see they have the potential to do) that we will see a rush of myspace scene kids with "For this love, There Was A Time" or "Now I Know you Better" as their quotes. Quite frankly i don't like the thought of Emo kids sharing the same taste in music as me, but the more i thought the more i came to realize that for Chinese Democracy to be a statistical success there must be some sort of songs to appeal to those people.

Don't get me wrong i want GNR to dominate the world with their amazing solos and spine tingling lyrics (because lets face it nothing in the last 5 years compares to November Rain) But the thought of going to see GNR live and rocking out near Emo People is frightening and slightly disheartening. Fortunatley this only applies to us in the United States because our rock scene (although hard to admit) is utter garbage... :confused:

Everything you said up above makes no sense, what the F*ck does it mean.

P.S. Axl needs to do a song with T.I. on the next album it would rock

i beat up emo kids, honestly, its my favourite past time. i agree with that guy, i dont wunna have to start whoopin ass at gnr concerts

I AGREE. YOU A GENIUS

these new songs are in no way whatsoever emo.

but you can also see why the emo kids would like them.

these kids are fuckin scenes and really dont give a shit about music whatsoever, hence their liking for the used and my chemical romance and gay crap like that.

if they do end up starting to make themselves the new fan base for gnr with the myspace crap and shit they are truly gonna get bashed the fuck out.

as for the concerts.... that wont last long.

they are going to get their asses kicked at these things.

theyll be so out of place they wont even wanna be fans of gnr anymore.

however i wouldnt mind going to my first GNR concert beating the shit out of some fag emo kids who go there for no reason whatsoever.

but they probably wont be going.

if you talk to them they think any music that makes it good in the media is crao because that makes them "overrated" and whatnot.

not a thing to worry about but if it starts well give em what for pretty quicly anyway and it wont be a problem rock1 rock3

these new songs are in no way whatsoever emo.

but you can also see why the emo kids would like them.

these kids are fuckin scenes and really dont give a shit about music whatsoever, hence their liking for the used and my chemical romance and gay crap like that.

if they do end up starting to make themselves the new fan base for gnr with the myspace crap and shit they are truly gonna get bashed the fuck out.

as for the concerts.... that wont last long.

they are going to get their asses kicked at these things.

theyll be so out of place they wont even wanna be fans of gnr anymore.

however i wouldnt mind going to my first GNR concert beating the shit out of some fag emo kids who go there for no reason whatsoever.

but they probably wont be going.

if you talk to them they think any music that makes it good in the media is crao because that makes them "overrated" and whatnot.

not a thing to worry about but if it starts well give em what for pretty quicly anyway and it wont be a problem rock1 rock3

YOUR A FREAK. YOU NEED THERAPY. GET SOME HELP PLEASE

So Cool Dr. Money.. I'm am very sorry to say (don't take this personal, please) that this is probably the most utterly idiotic I've read in quite some time. Why the fuck does it matter who likes the same band as you?!?! You like Guns. Guns are mainstream and will be liked and loved by many. If you don't like that fact I suggest you take a look at Cattel Decapitation (or some other very wierd band) and feel very special because you're te only one in the world who likes them. Of course, every one else will despise you but that's what you want isn't it?!

if u think those songs are emo then do u consider don't cry emo? cause i am sure an emo song doesnt reach no8 on charts and also estranged has slow bits in it, do u consider this song emo?

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

Emo = Emotional

Would you guys be bitching if axl put no emotion in his lyrics at all?

Just because some gnr songs are soft and talk about love or whatever doesnt mean that every next 'emo fag' will 'pretend to like them'.

Unless the new GnR turn into the stereotypical emo band i dont think the emo kids will give a shit.

and Vogstar......Brisbane 4 Life! rock3