A Worrying fact that has been troubling me

Cool Dr. Money

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to TWAT and Better today and I've come to realize that while to the GnR community these are heartfelt ballads by Axl, to some they may be considered emo. (Simply because anything that is somewhat slow and doesnt blatantly overuse power chords is considered emo) Now thats all fine but i fear that if Better and/or TWAT become hits (which i see they have the potential to do) that we will see a rush of myspace scene kids with "For this love, There Was A Time" or "Now I Know you Better" as their quotes. Quite frankly i don't like the thought of Emo kids sharing the same taste in music as me, but the more i thought the more i came to realize that for Chinese Democracy to be a statistical success there must be some sort of songs to appeal to those people.

Don't get me wrong i want GNR to dominate the world with their amazing solos and spine tingling lyrics (because lets face it nothing in the last 5 years compares to November Rain) But the thought of going to see GNR live and rocking out near Emo People is frightening and slightly disheartening. Fortunatley this only applies to us in the United States because our rock scene (although hard to admit) is utter garbage... :confused:

So i was wondering how some others feel about this....?

This post is fuckin' dissapointing. Why do you care so much about the type of people who also have the potential to listen to one of your favorite bands? Are you that fuckin' vain? Music is meant to be shared and not holstered and clamped by closed minds as yours.

Edited by IndiannaRose

I was listening to TWAT and Better today and I've come to realize that while to the GnR community these are heartfelt ballads by Axl, to some they may be considered emo. (Simply because anything that is somewhat slow and doesnt blatantly overuse power chords is considered emo) Now thats all fine but i fear that if Better and/or TWAT become hits (which i see they have the potential to do) that we will see a rush of myspace scene kids with "For this love, There Was A Time" or "Now I Know you Better" as their quotes. Quite frankly i don't like the thought of Emo kids sharing the same taste in music as me, but the more i thought the more i came to realize that for Chinese Democracy to be a statistical success there must be some sort of songs to appeal to those people.

Don't get me wrong i want GNR to dominate the world with their amazing solos and spine tingling lyrics (because lets face it nothing in the last 5 years compares to November Rain) But the thought of going to see GNR live and rocking out near Emo People is frightening and slightly disheartening. Fortunatley this only applies to us in the United States because our rock scene (although hard to admit) is utter garbage... :confused:

Jesus, i think you worry too much :unsure: If you like the songs yourself then what does it matter who else does or doesn't like them?! :o

categorizing music sucks! just listen to music with an open mind and like what you like. like Frank Zappa said, there will always be people "clapping for all the wrong reasons". but, who cares? much like religion, i think music is a personal thing.

How is it a bad thing if kids suddenly start to like guns nr oses again? even if they are emo's, at least gnr will live on for longer, cos its like them being reborn....young fans screaming for them again.

I can see your point though...some people will be on gnr's backs, claiming theyre just an emo fag band. But thats just the haters.

Hell we may even have some goth fans aswell if Robin Finck stays.

reallly,

who cares who likes them,

If that were the case I would be bothered that all you little kids were showing up at my GNR concert when half of you were in diapers when I was rockin out to AFD.

Or when I went to see David Bowie half the crowd are gay guys wearing glitter on their face.

Its a party man, who cares.

reallly,

If that were the case I would be bothered that all you little kids were showing up at my GNR concert when half of you were in diapers when I was rockin out to AFD.

Or when I went to see David Bowie half the crowd are gay guys wearing glitter on their face.

good post~.

reallly,

spot on. there can be goths, emo's, teenagers, 'veterans' from AFD, but one thing remains constant...

and thats that we're all there because we love guns n roses.

isn't it good that something like that can bring so many people together?

I like emo (music, not fashion) and Guns N' Roses are my fucking life :fuckyou:

Edited by stu

and there you have it...one of the main reasons all the reunion rumours are most likely not grounded in reality

One of the MAJOR beefs Slash and Duff had back in the 90's when things were REALLY starting to fall apart,was the direction AXL wanted to take the music.They just weren't down with it.

And it's a point of view I would be willing to bet is still intact.

I like emo (music, not fashion) and Guns N' Roses are my fucking life :fuckyou:

how can you i'm convinced not one bit of it is worth shit but thats just me

why does everyone talks about this "emo" stuff...would someone tell me what the fuck is "emo"? <_<

guys who dress gay, wear a lot of black, makeup maybe, and they wanna die or are in a state or permanent depression and they cut themselves and always talk about crying at night , haha i didnt know what emo was before either :laugh:

James S.

Ummm That would be a "Goth".......I HATE labels.........and am really tired of the word "EMO"

having negative connotations......ALL GOOD MUSIC HAS "SOME" EMOTION INVOLVED...........

Christ!

"only the assholes can read this message at the end of my post"

So basically, your paranoid because kids are gonna like Guns N' Roses...

:rofl-lol:

Dont you want GnR to have any fans from this generation?

NICE POST CHARLIE!

KUDOS!

W.

"Only the assholes can see this message at the bottom of my post"

yeah coz new fans means more publicity but they dont realise what they have missed out on

NICE POST CHARLIE!

KUDOS!

W.

"Only the assholes can see this message at the bottom of my post"

cheers Wc.

heres an interesting fact for you... Kaneda apparantly lost both his testicles in a sledding 'accident'... :D

*on topic* i think its great that Guns are gonna have a whole new bunch of fans this generation... whether they are goth, emo, kaneda, etc!

its a very good thing that they can appeal to the kids nowadays, unlike other bands from GnRs earlier days...

emo kids suck.

i mean does anyone really want these kids to be the main GNR fanbase?

i know i dont.

anyway its not a likely scenereo.

its not like they havent already heard of guns.

they all hate them anyway because they put effort into the music and because axls "homophobic"

its nothing to worry about they wont be getting into guns

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

they all hate them anyway because they put effort into the music and because axls "homophobic"

so basically, your denying Guns some fans just because 'you dont like emo kids' :rolleyes:

anyone can listen to whoever they want. its a great thing that a lot of different musically cultured people like to listen to Guns N' Roses... it shows how much they have reached people...

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

They already do.

A lot of the new metal/hard rock fans of my age group (15-17) don't really like the good stuff

like Led Zeppelin or the Stones and are really into newer groups such as Avenged Sevenfold

and My Chemical Romance. But yet, even with liking those bands, the only ''vintage'' bands that kids my age are into is Guns and Metallica. Out of all the older groups, those are the two that have retained relevance and respect with kids my age. A lot of "emo" kids I know love GNR and Metallica for their own emotional lyrics and their badass attitude.

and like someone else said, if you want CD to sell and Guns to be popular, its the kids of my age group, who are the largest group of album buyers these days, that will make or break CD.

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

so basically, your denying Guns some fans just because 'you dont like emo kids' :rolleyes:

anyone can listen to whoever they want. its a great thing that a lot of different musically cultured people like to listen to Guns N' Roses... it shows how much they have reached people...

well said charlie. it dosent matter who you are where you are if you like GNR then you like GNR

Im sorry, i just cant believe that people need to discriminate sooo much, that they have been reduced to fearing people might like the same kind of music as them. You do know that, yes indeed, these are people that ye are talking about and they can like what ever they like...