A Worrying fact that has been troubling me

Cool Dr. Money

emo kids suck.

i mean does anyone really want these kids to be the main GNR fanbase?

i know i dont.

anyway its not a likely scenereo.

its not like they havent already heard of guns.

they all hate them anyway because they put effort into the music and because axls "homophobic"

its nothing to worry about they wont be getting into guns

They already do.

A lot of the new metal/hard rock fans of my age group (15-17) don't really like the good stuff

like Led Zeppelin or the Stones and are really into newer groups such as Avenged Sevenfold

and My Chemical Romance. But yet, even with liking those bands, the only ''vintage'' bands that kids my age are into is Guns and Metallica. Out of all the older groups, those are the two that have retained relevance and respect with kids my age. A lot of "emo" kids I know love GNR and Metallica for their own emotional lyrics and their badass attitude.

and like someone else said, if you want CD to sell and Guns to be popular, its the kids of my age group, who are the largest group of album buyers these days, that will make or break CD.

Just for the record Avenged Sevenfold and MCR are GAY!!!!!! Fuck emo!!! Thats the slogan for the headbangers at our high school. We hate u all!!! Theres been numerous times that emos try to come to our shows and partys and they all get thrown out. There is no place for emo in heavy metal or rock n' roll! Emo isnt even punk rock. Even the hardcore punk groups hate you mother fuckers! And for emos to start listening to GNR is a fucking disgrace! Just stick to your shitty ass bands such as Something corporate and stay away from heavy metal. Being part of a headbangers group, it doesnt matter if GNR is popular or not in the mass media, i dont give a shit about that, its all about identity. Our idenity is linked to heavy metal and rock n roll. And if emos start liking GNR, then fuck theres gonna be conflicts. We dont want GNR associated with emo period! Fuck off emo fags!

And the dude who started the thread never said that GNR is emo that just emos try to aqssociate with Gnr and like their songs because they might sound emo to them or something, but thats bull shit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR isn't emo. None of those songs are emo. Emo is shit like My Chemical gay Romance

Agreed, but some of the current members look a little emo.

Finck? He's a goth.

Chris Pittman? He's part of the Village People

No one else looks remotely 'emo'.

What's up with that EMO shit. Here's a list of my favorite bands..see avatar, Archive, radiohead, devo, Björk, tricky,the arcade fire,thursday,placebo,Muse.......as you can see some of those are pretty fucking 'emo'..and so what?.......'EMO' connotes "vulnerability and troubledness. A lot of bands from the Washington DC area punk scene are considered "EMO".Anyone can be emo now. Morrissey, the cure, fugazi, endpoint, you name it, they've been labeled "emo". Emo kids are considered wimps by most "tough guys". Emo music tends to wrestle the inner demons of personal defeat, loveloss, heartache...and you know what i'm fuking proud to be 'EMO'

Peace out fuckers!!!

K.

The atheist Prayer Kudos.

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

they all hate them anyway because they put effort into the music and because axls "homophobic"

They already do.

A lot of the new metal/hard rock fans of my age group (15-17) don't really like the good stuff

like Led Zeppelin or the Stones and are really into newer groups such as Avenged Sevenfold

and My Chemical Romance. But yet, even with liking those bands, the only ''vintage'' bands that kids my age are into is Guns and Metallica. Out of all the older groups, those are the two that have retained relevance and respect with kids my age. A lot of "emo" kids I know love GNR and Metallica for their own emotional lyrics and their badass attitude.

and like someone else said, if you want CD to sell and Guns to be popular, its the kids of my age group, who are the largest group of album buyers these days, that will make or break CD.

To me Chi Dem is an album that will transcend this part of the market. It doesn't need them. There are the millions of fans who bought AFD and UYI back in the day. I'd bet many of them drifted away from buying albums after that, but this is one album they will buy. This is an album that people who truly love good music will gravitate to. I think it's an album that will sell lots it's first few months, then drop off from that level but will maintain relatively strong sales for many years to come. If emo fans buy it that's fine, but Guns does not need them. Maybe GN'R won't be as big as they once were. But that's just fine by me.

As for the term "emo", I don't know what the fuck it actually means. Judging by the posts in this thread neither do most of you. :P It seems there is no true definition. One thing I do know is that I do not want GN'R to be labelled "emo". GN'R's music is much to complicated lyrically and musically to be stuck with such a shitty, generic label. Guns music is emotional, but it evokes many kinds of emotions. Sadness, love, anger, hatred; and everything in between.

Emo to my way of thinking has negative connotations. It doesn't refer to music that is 'emotional' or 'introspective'. It refers to music that is emotional for the sake of being emotional. Attempts at being emotional but failing miserably. i.e. shitty bands like Simple Plan singing about how bad their lives are with simplistic lyrics that come from nothing that is real (unlike Axl), over crappy music that evokes no real emotion at all (unlike Axl), and singing in a way that every other crap band out there sings with their growling vocals...Eddie Vedder wannabes (again, unlike Axl).

That my friends, is emo. And it sucks.

Edited by KBear

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

so basically, your denying Guns some fans just because 'you dont like emo kids' :rolleyes:

anyone can listen to whoever they want. its a great thing that a lot of different musically cultured people like to listen to Guns N' Roses... it shows how much they have reached people...

well said charlie. it dosent matter who you are where you are if you like GNR then you like GNR

agree. It's good that guns have reach a lot of kind a people.What i dont great with so bad about emo kids?

yea u r who u r, listen to what u want but i was looking at a topic the other day and i forgot who wrote it but they claimed that guns n roses were an emo band now, and that is simply not the case they are far from emo the guy had it totaly wrong.

brisbane 4 life

V.

Same of the songs are emo. And same arent. ;)

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

so basically, your denying Guns some fans just because 'you dont like emo kids' :rolleyes:

anyone can listen to whoever they want. its a great thing that a lot of different musically cultured people like to listen to Guns N' Roses... it shows how much they have reached people...

well said charlie. it dosent matter who you are where you are if you like GNR then you like GNR

agree. It's good that guns have reach a lot of kind a people.What i dont great with so bad about emo kids?

All right. The thing about emo kids is this. In schools they are viewed as the ppl who like the popular music that mtv feeds to them. Bands such as MCR, Something Corporate and even the pussy punk (pop) bands such as Blink 182, Simple Plan. The problem is that Headbangers and dudes who love rock n' roll separte themselves from them and have created this idenity of going against what is popular and against the mainstream shit. So to them emo and shit is viewed as a way of selling out. Being popular does not matter shit, its about identity. So when emos start liking heavy metal bands, then thats a problem because they dont want heavy metal to be associated with mainstream or sellouts, its weird. But its all about idenity and emos are viewed as pussy dudes who r all sad all day because they broke with their girl friend and want to commit suicide, which is GAY!!!! So FUCK emo, dont ever associate emo with rock n' roll (even Punk rock)!

Its also in the headbangers subculture, dudes are viewing themselves as bad-asses and just being volatile and emo is just pussy and being assoicated with emo is not possible.

emo kids suck.

i know i dont.

All right. The thing about emo kids is this. In schools they are viewed as the ppl who like the popular music that mtv feeds to them. Bands such as MCR, Something Corporate and even the pussy punk (pop) bands such as Blink 182, Simple Plan. The problem is that Headbangers and dudes who love rock n' roll separte themselves from them and have created this idenity of going against what is popular and against the mainstream shit. So to them emo and shit is viewed as a way of selling out. Being popular does not matter shit, its about identity. So when emos start liking heavy metal bands, then thats a problem because they dont want heavy metal to be associated with mainstream or sellouts, its weird. But its all about idenity and emos are viewed as pussy dudes who r all sad all day because they broke with their girl friend and want to commit suicide, which is GAY!!!! So FUCK emo, dont ever associate emo with rock n' roll (even Punk rock)!

Its also in the headbangers subculture, dudes are viewing themselves as bad-asses and just being volatile and emo is just pussy and being assoicated with emo is not possible.

Im sorry, all I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

alot of people here really dont like the fact that a new generation of kids could start liking the band that most of us liked back in the day, so what if there into different cultures of music and all that crap...

alot of rappers like GnR, alot of Pop artists like GnR... are they not allowed to listen GnR just because some disgruntled mullet wearing dickhead thinks itll hurt the GnR image...?

Guns arnt a mainstream band anymore, but that didnt stop them from being a popular and respected band...

NEW FANS > NO FANS

"OMGIHATESTUPIDPEOPLE" - warchild