If The Warm-ups Go Badly - Could Clear Channel Pull The Plug?

The Sandman

Hey Gunners,

A thought crossed my mind earlier today, what if the two warm-ups go badly? And I mean, really badly. Can Clear Channel continue with this tour if the band are going to get slayed by critics, and could potentially lose a lot of money? 'All the dates are subject to change' - or so we are told on the 'current' site, so is it possible that the proverbial plug may be pulled if they do not go well?

Hell, we may not mind how they sound, but it'd surely be important for Axl and the critics to hear something that's decent enough, and certain something decent enough for Clear Channel to allow them to tour Europe on their money - that is, if they feel that they can earn back the money invested.

Of course, I would hate for this to happen, and I'm sorry to be negative. But is it not a possiblity after the last fiasco?

TS.

The warm up gigs probably will sound like shite, but then...they are warm up gigs; stage time to get tighter before the Euro dates. if Axl can't make it to the small umber of shows that are scheduled then there is a big problem....that's not impossible but let's hpe that after a decade he's excited enough about CD being released that he's really into the process and sounds Ace as well. rock3

Anyone think that the warm up shows might be pretty long, or at least diverse in material. So that they can practice a lot of material live, and from the reaction from the crowd, choose which songs will be on the final setlist for the Eurotour. Your Thoughts.

Sounds about right :) May wanna try some intros too, after all, there were relatively few last time around.

Its unlikley that they'd cancel any shows on the current tour because of poor performances.

1) Clear Channel couldn't give a monkey's on people's opinion of the performance if the tickets have been sold

2) GnR are playing a lot of festivals - so they can't just cancel on a whim.

3) GnR have never really sucked to the point of it being a bad show (both in 2001 and 2002) some shows have been better than others but nothing has been horrendous.

People Panic too much on this board people the tour will go fine a couple of the shows have been sold out already so who ever the promoter is has to be sitting back thinking its money in my pocket. The rest of there shows are fistivals. But people aren't feeling safe about this tour because they are worried we are gonna have a 2002 all over again. If that first show in Vancouver wasn't cannceled and the tour went off fine no one would be worried. But you people seem to forget that the cpncert was canned well before the doors was supposed to start Tommy Stinson said in an interview on Much Music a Channel in Canada that everything was there and they just needeed Axl to show up and he was on his way. People the promoter didn't cancle the show the venue did they pulled the plug because of the reputation the name Guns N Roses and Axl Rose have. Sure this isn't 1989 or 1991 anymore and Guns N Roses may not look the same or be extremely popular anymore like they once were but people will still pay to see them. Hell The Rolling Stones aren't the origional line up but they can sell out any venue they play even if there new material isn't really anygood. The Stones are still popular because they came out at the right time and they have many classic songs. Guns N Roses were huge durring thier tine because they came out at the right time and with the right sound. And when the rumblings of a new record were heard people got excited and couldn't wait and when they were told when it would be out and it then turned out to be false. But How many people bought the Greatest Hits Record when it was relased? Guys everyone here has every record the band has released and they bought the Hits Record for one reason its a Guns N Roses record and there good be could be something about a new record. But nothing. For the past little while songs from the new record have been leaked unfortuneatly but yet again people got them and heard the new sound of Guns N Roses some like it and im sure some don't but people still got em because they are interested. Now for thoughs haters if you dont like the songs then dont listen to it because the people that care about this band will listen to the new and old material and enjoy it every single time they listen to it. But with all of these new songs coming out it must mean the new record is on the horizon. Now I want the record to hit stores as much as everyone else and I will buy it for sure when it is released but dont expect another Appetite For Destruction or Use Your Illusion type of record because it wont be so I just dont want people to think that this record is going to be an epic release I mean it could be you never know but there is also the chance it could surpass the numbers of Appetite and the Illusion records but im sure there will be people when thye buy it that will think Oh my god Axl is a Genious and im sure there will be people that will listen to it and think what the hell was this guy thinking or we waited over ten years for this. Everyone has to prepared for the worst you know but Slash is right when he says Axl is brilliant when it comes to writing and thats is prooven buy the fact that people are allways buying things associated with Guns N Roses whether it's a new fan going and buying their records or if its a die hard Guns N Roses fan buying a Hollywood Rose Record or is waiting for the Rapidfire record to be released just because it has something to do with Guns N Roses.

People the new record will be released and the European tour will go fine because if Axl messes this up then who knows what will happen. But the question of who is the new guitarist should be answered before the Hammerstien Shows but i can't see how people can think it's Slash because isn't Velvet Revolver supposed to be in the studio working a new record I mean I would love to see Slash back in the band but I just dont see it happening but we are just going to have to wait and see.

People Panic too much on this board people the tour will go fine a couple of the shows have been sold out already so who ever the promoter is has to be sitting back thinking its money in my pocket. The rest of there shows are fistivals. But people aren't feeling safe about this tour because they are worried we are gonna have a 2002 all over again. If that first show in Vancouver wasn't cannceled and the tour went off fine no one would be worried. But you people seem to forget that the cpncert was canned well before the doors was supposed to start Tommy Stinson said in an interview on Much Music a Channel in Canada that everything was there and they just needeed Axl to show up and he was on his way. People the promoter didn't cancle the show the venue did they pulled the plug because of the reputation the name Guns N Roses and Axl Rose have. Sure this isn't 1989 or 1991 anymore and Guns N Roses may not look the same or be extremely popular anymore like they once were but people will still pay to see them. Hell The Rolling Stones aren't the origional line up but they can sell out any venue they play even if there new material isn't really anygood. The Stones are still popular because they came out at the right time and they have many classic songs. Guns N Roses were huge durring thier tine because they came out at the right time and with the right sound. And when the rumblings of a new record were heard people got excited and couldn't wait and when they were told when it would be out and it then turned out to be false. But How many people bought the Greatest Hits Record when it was relased? Guys everyone here has every record the band has released and they bought the Hits Record for one reason its a Guns N Roses record and there good be could be something about a new record. But nothing. For the past little while songs from the new record have been leaked unfortuneatly but yet again people got them and heard the new sound of Guns N Roses some like it and im sure some don't but people still got em because they are interested. Now for thoughs haters if you dont like the songs then dont listen to it because the people that care about this band will listen to the new and old material and enjoy it every single time they listen to it. But with all of these new songs coming out it must mean the new record is on the horizon. Now I want the record to hit stores as much as everyone else and I will buy it for sure when it is released but dont expect another Appetite For Destruction or Use Your Illusion type of record because it wont be so I just dont want people to think that this record is going to be an epic release I mean it could be you never know but there is also the chance it could surpass the numbers of Appetite and the Illusion records but im sure there will be people when thye buy it that will think Oh my god Axl is a Genious and im sure there will be people that will listen to it and think what the hell was this guy thinking or we waited over ten years for this. Everyone has to prepared for the worst you know but Slash is right when he says Axl is brilliant when it comes to writing and thats is prooven buy the fact that people are allways buying things associated with Guns N Roses whether it's a new fan going and buying their records or if its a die hard Guns N Roses fan buying a Hollywood Rose Record or is waiting for the Rapidfire record to be released just because it has something to do with Guns N Roses.

People the new record will be released and the European tour will go fine because if Axl messes this up then who knows what will happen. But the question of who is the new guitarist should be answered before the Hammerstien Shows but i can't see how people can think it's Slash because isn't Velvet Revolver supposed to be in the studio working a new record I mean I would love to see Slash back in the band but I just dont see it happening but we are just going to have to wait and see.

Is this a post or a Fuckn novel, damn this thing is long. :sleeper:

yea i would say if Axl messes this tour up, that will be the last straw Axl will be finished and in retirement early. He has to get this tour right and nail it.

brisbane 4 life

V.