Epiphone Black Beauty

Hey i was thinking about buying an epiphone black beauty. i have always loved them but i have always seen them for round about 600 pounds and today i finally found one for cheap Epiphone Black Beauty

So tell me what you think im hoping to get it in about 3 months time when i have the money so i will definetly by from here if any of you have one tell me whats good and bad please thanks rock3

Edited by Axel1304

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

With an Epiphone, you are essentially paying for the Gibson look without getting Gibson quality. I would get something more obscure, you can get a better guitar cheaper if you look harder.

With an Epiphone, you are essentially paying for the Gibson look without getting Gibson quality. I would get something more obscure, you can get a better guitar cheaper if you look harder.

Wait how could you not be getting Gibson quality? :question:

Cheaper parts and cheaper craftsmanship. Gibsons are handchecked, hand finished, pretty much hand everything, in the USA. Epipohnes are mass-produced in Korea or China, or some Asian country.

Cheaper parts and cheaper craftsmanship. Gibsons are handchecked, hand finished, pretty much hand everything, in the USA. Epipohnes are mass-produced in Korea or China, or some Asian country.

black beauty has a through neck and not bolt or glued on pants that you get lower down the epi range. my black beauty kicks ass, it looks amazing and few people have them. mine was about £330 from www.coda-music.com and arrived fully set up. the only probs ive had is the electrics, my rhythmn pick up loses power and distortion but it is easily rectified.

black beauty has a through neck and not bolt or glued on pants that you get lower down the epi range. my black beauty kicks ass, it looks amazing and few people have them. mine was about £330 from www.coda-music.com and arrived fully set up. the only probs ive had is the electrics, my rhythmn pick up loses power and distortion but it is easily rectified.

Cheers for the suggestions also some of you said that its a sort of crappier version of gibson but on every review pretty much every person has said they look better than a gibson they also sound pretty much as good / the same as a gibson also is a third pickup really neccesary or will you be fine with just two i have two at the mo and thats fine but shourely three will kick ass rock3

I bought an Epi LP Custom off of ebay and the neck was set-in wrong. With epi's you have to play and sight them down first. If you have the money go on ebay and get an orville. http://cgi.ebay.com/ORVILLE-Gibson-Les-Pau...1QQcmdZViewItem

they are totally worth it. I bought a standard recently and the only difference is the name on the headstock and about 1 pound. These are as close as you get to gibsons.

heres another one that isnt bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-by-MARTIN-LES-PA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok. :unsure: That doesn't mean that Gibsons aren't higher quality, and made in diff. countries. But just so you know, ALL Gibsons and Epiphones (exept for some higher-end firebirds), has a glued in neck, not a through neck.