Should Axl go solo after the Democracy affair is over?

Guest JohnUlmer

haven't band members and people in the project said straight out "It's not about the money".

so, like it or not, no one here has the right to say wether axl is greedy or not or what motivates him

i mean, unless we're in the recording process for chinese democracy, who are we to say what's going on

also, don't say axl's a whore

unless you wanna bring up the vh1 VELVET REVOLVER LEAD SINGER TRY OUTS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. Axl was quite willing to "whore" WTTJ out to the makers of Black Hawk Down, just as long as it was a re-recorded version with the new band. That was the main issue Slash and Duff had with the whole thing, and rightly so.

It's also well established that there's a nice healthy bonus waiting from Geffen if Axl delivers a Guns n' Roses record, that he wouldn't get if he released music as a solo artist.

The Guns n' Roses name also earns him a lot of money even without a new record on the shelves. The name itself is just incredibly powerful - especially in regards to promotion of this upcoming tour.

Blackhawk Down would have been perfect for Jungle dude!! You know that! I can understand why Axl would want to use the current band's recording to give them some promotion. I wish it could have happened :(

The Guns n' Roses name is his, and of course he is going to use it for financial gain, as would anyone with half a brain. But you can't say he's a consummate photo, press, and media opportunist who will jump on any opportunity to make a quick buck ;)

More like to cut Slash and Duff out of any royalties.... ;) We know how vengeful Uncle Axl is....

The last part of your statement is illogical given he left THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD! Man talk about a dumb decision to make if all you care about is easy money....

AD I think I hear Axl calling...he wants you to fetch his garden slippers....so long mate...come back soon....

you call me one-sided, when you are the same, just on the other side :rolleyes: (in re your post before this one)

If you were Axl Rose, wouldn't you have wanted to do the same thing? Use your current band for your projects and for movie soundtracks? I dont think it was to dick anyone out of anything. The money would have gone to the current guys, so it still woulda been spent. Maybe Axl isn't as big of an asshole as you make him out to be! We all know Robin Finck plays the intro for that song better than Slash did, what better way to have introduced the band to the world on a movie like that? It woulda sounded fucking insane!!

and therefore proving that the nuGnR are incapable of writing new good material if they have to rely on the old bands hit from 20 years ago...

Please. Axl was quite willing to "whore" WTTJ out to the makers of Black Hawk Down, just as long as it was a re-recorded version with the new band. That was the main issue Slash and Duff had with the whole thing, and rightly so.

It's also well established that there's a nice healthy bonus waiting from Geffen if Axl delivers a Guns n' Roses record, that he wouldn't get if he released music as a solo artist.

The Guns n' Roses name also earns him a lot of money even without a new record on the shelves. The name itself is just incredibly powerful - especially in regards to promotion of this upcoming tour.

Blackhawk Down would have been perfect for Jungle dude!! You know that! I can understand why Axl would want to use the current band's recording to give them some promotion. I wish it could have happened :(

The Guns n' Roses name is his, and of course he is going to use it for financial gain, as would anyone with half a brain. But you can't say he's a consummate photo, press, and media opportunist who will jump on any opportunity to make a quick buck ;)

More like to cut Slash and Duff out of any royalties.... ;) We know how vengeful Uncle Axl is....

The last part of your statement is illogical given he left THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD! Man talk about a dumb decision to make if all you care about is easy money....

AD I think I hear Axl calling...he wants you to fetch his garden slippers....so long mate...come back soon....

you call me one-sided, when you are the same, just on the other side :rolleyes: (in re your post before this one)

If you were Axl Rose, wouldn't you have wanted to do the same thing? Use your current band for your projects and for movie soundtracks? I dont think it was to dick anyone out of anything. The money would have gone to the current guys, so it still woulda been spent. Maybe Axl isn't as big of an asshole as you make him out to be! We all know Robin Finck plays the intro for that song better than Slash did, what better way to have introduced the band to the world on a movie like that? It woulda sounded fucking insane!!

and therefore proving that the nuGnR are incapable of writing new good material if they have to rely on the old bands hit from 20 years ago...

not if you count that they specifically wanted welcome to the jungle and giving them any other song wouldn't have made it....

We all know Robin Finck plays the intro for that song better than Slash did

No he doesn't. It sounds exactly the bloody same, what are you on about?!

And even if he did, does that give him the right to re-record and profit from it? Sheesh.

Anyway, we're probably ruining what was a good thread.

AD, I assume you're kidding saying "we all know Finck plays the intro to WTTJ better than Slash". The more I read your posts, the more I think(hope!) this is all a put-on and you've got some hack comedian writing your material. I'd demand your money back--it's not good stuff. ;)

As far as "what better way would there be to introduce the world to the new band", how about with some NEW FUCKIN' MATERIAL after all these years rather than gravy training off the back catalog and screwing the other original creators out of their deserved cut? For someone supposedly so into NuGuns and it's neverending potential, when it comes down to it you seem more stuck on the old band's output than most...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

And even if he did, does that give him the right to re-record and profit from it? Sheesh.

I beg to differ! The way the band came out with Jungle as their first song.. when finck hits those opening notes it sent chills down my spine. Slash never did it quite that way and I realy enjoy finck's way.

ontopic: An Axl Rose solo album would certianly be interesting! I could see him doing a piano ballad album on his own when he's a little older.

even still, they have no recognition of the new band when they're asking for an old hit...

All the reason to use the new band's recording. Kick the world in their fuckin ass!

What credibility would it have given them? The fact that they're covering a song, written by the old band wouldn't have them held in high esteem. No matter how well they can play the song or how much better they could've made it...

although from a marketting point of view, no one would've reallly cared anyway...as long as it brought the dollar signs in...

We all know Robin Finck plays the intro for that song better than Slash did, what better way to have introduced the band to the world on a movie like that? It woulda sounded fucking insane!!

.... :laugh:

Oh wow. You really meant it too! :lol:

oh wow, your supposed to support the band of be neutral to be a mod......

but intrestingly enough isn't it breaking a rule to follow?

convienent how you were putting down the guy in the last thread and put him down in this one too

ON TOPIC-Lets end this argument this way

a. black hawk down was based on an event. Actual recordings of the event were on the wttj video, so they wanted to use wttj, and axl wanted to use this as promotion for the band(hence using scom),end of story,because if axl wanted to cancel out the ex member's credits entirely, he coulda stopped production on gnr's discography, replaced it with re recorded versions, made a live era based on 01/02, and re-recorded the videos,completely killing the old member's loop, then sending out the new versions to every movie imaginable

b.no amount of "thievery" is ever gonna be as bad as vh1 auditions for a vr singer

c.this topic's way outta hand....

i'm goin to bed,night

Edited by Bucketslash

AD, I assume you're kidding saying "we all know Finck plays the intro to WTTJ better than Slash". The more I read your posts, the more I think(hope!) this is all a put-on and you've got some hack comedian writing your material. I'd demand your money back--it's not good stuff. ;)

As far as "what better way would there be to introduce the world to the new band", how about with some NEW FUCKIN' MATERIAL rather than gravy training off the back catalog while screwing the other original creators out of their deserved cut? For someone supposedly so into NuGuns, when it comes down to it you seem more stuck on the old band's output after all these years than most...

Thats just how I feel about it man. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm beind dead serious.

I just happen to like GNR's version of Jungle over the old GNR's version? is that a crime?

oh wow, your supposed to support the band of be neutral to be a mod......

He's supposed to take Axl's pov just because he's a mod? Nice logic, moron.

And, no, Axl couldn't do what you're suggesting. He'd get sued by Slash and Duff and get smashed in court.

Edited by Dead Flower

I beg to differ! The way the band came out with Jungle as their first song.. when finck hits those opening notes it sent chills down my spine. Slash never did it quite that way and I realy enjoy finck's way.

Argentina '92? They open the show with Jungle, and he did the same thing Finck did dude - it's not like Robin invented it.

Argentina '92? They open the show with Jungle, and he did the same thing Finck did dude - it's not like Robin invented it.

Nah it wasn't the same bro

It´s a different between making a solo project and being the leader of a band.

And I think Tommy described it in a good way...:

"The reason the disc isn't done yet, he added, is because Rose is a methodical perfectionist who wants to make the creation of Chinese Democracy as democratic as possible. "He likes to take all the members of the band and get the best out of each guy for each song," Stinson said. "It's a brilliant process that gets everyone involved so everyone owns a piece of the song because they've put themselves into it. That way you don't have people going, 'Well, I'm not gonna play on his song if you're not gonna sing on my song.' And that's a lengthy process because you have to get eight people to basically write a song together that everyone likes."

http://www.gnrsucks.com/e107_plugins/conte....php?content.54

So.. Still think this is a solo project??

It´s a BAND.

ontopic: An Axl Rose solo album would certianly be interesting! I could see him doing a piano ballad album on his own when he's a little older.

I agree with that,but if he will continue doing what it seems he is doing with the band now,why not keep Guns alive?

I agree with that,but if he will continue doing what it seems he is doing with the band now,why not keep Guns alive?

He could do that too.. but GNR is always going to be a rock n roll band. I'd rather see him keep guns alive, but when he's like 60, I could see him doing something like an album of classical piano ballads.