Should Axl go solo after the Democracy affair is over?

Guest JohnUlmer

He said it doesn't sound like GNR anyway, why not go it under his own, just as famous moniker?

Money and ego. Mainly money.

you are quite ignorant if you truly believe money is Axl's main motivator for continuing on with GNR. If that was the case he'd have already released Chinese Democarcy and probably a few more albums, and we'd be seeing GNR songs whored out on every movie soundtrack out there.

In fact its Slash and Duff who are suing because Axl is refusing to sell out the bands integrity to anyone who makes an offer. Tell me who is motivated by money. We all are to some extent, but clearly Axl's main concern right now is not money.

Dude you are so one-sided its not even funny. So it's okay for Axl to let Sony use SCOM for a crappy Sandler movie like Big Daddy but not okay for Slash/Duff to use a gnr track for Black Hawk Down? :rolleyes:

If Axl wasn't doing it for money he'd have left the name. GnR is a huge cash cow, a franchise. Slash and Duff left potential huge money.

I agree Axl is not solely motivated by money, but his decisions are not exactly what I'd call rational like the above example I gave you.

Besides, if you leave a money making juggernaut like Guns N Roses, its pretty clear you care about more than money. If Slash and Duff wanted to slum for the paycheck like Dizzy, they could have done it. Just stay inactive for 10 years waiting for Axl to make up his mind which is what Dizzy did. They had their own vision for the band and artistic integrity and left on those grounds. You call that being motivated by money or selling out?

I think axl views the band as bigger than it's members, although i wonder if he'd feel that way if Duff owned the band name. Maybe it's just about holding on to a piece of his past.

And if Slash and Duff were money hungry, they'd never left, wanting what your entitled to is not being money hungry.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic