Nearly 500 GNR Tickets On Ebay

King_of_Beers

I just did a quick check on www.ebay.com and indeed our worst fears have been realised, already nearly 500 tickets are available on Ebay at the usual inflated prices, I still think $200 a ticket is a bargain so if you can afford it I would recommend getting one.

I know the principle might make you sick that some f***er with no interest in GNR has just scammed you but at least you have the chance to see GNR in a small venue, just think the world population is over 6,000,000,000, GNR have sold over 90,000,000 records and only 5,400 will see GNR this Spring in a small New York venue, do the maths and work it out you will be in a very small but special group of people ..... you lucky Bastard.

Edited by admin

Mysteron posted over at HTGTH that 75% of all the tickets available overall for both shows was sold to us in our presale. There's no way these brokers all have tickets.

Exactly - just relax and calm down and down go throwing money at the brokers just yet :)

I just did a quick check on www.ebay.com and indeed our worst fears have been realised, already nearly 500 tickets are available on Ebay at the usual inflated prices, I still think $200 a ticket is a bargain so if you can afford it I would recommend getting one.

I know the principle might make you sick that some f***er with no interest in GNR has just scammed you but at least you have the chance to see GNR in a small venue, just think the world population is over 6,000,000,000, GNR have sold over 90,000,000 records and only 5,400 will see GNR this Spring in a small New York venue, do the maths and work it out you will be in a very small but special group of people ..... you lucky Bastard.

Someone came up with the idea of personalized tickets. Meaning you must be the person with and ID matching the name on the ticket. These tickets would be sold at a flat rate and are non-transferable. People who want to sell tickets should have to pay a premium for them to start with. Selling tickets on Ebay for over double cost is just plain wrong. This is an obvious spotlight to the many flaws in capitolism. I would never do something so illegal. The ones who have brains will sell the tickets with an item, so theoretically they are not breaking any laws, because you can argue the premium was for the item being sold with the tickets, and not the tickets themselves. I have seen several sellers doing this with sport-related seats. This way you don't have to worry about selling way over face-value, since the issue would not come into play if selling an item with the tix.

I read the NY law allows you to resale tickets within a certain price range. For this event, the maximum legal resale price is around $850. You will notice this on some of the ebay auctions. If any of you do get your tickets on ebay, be carefull. Be wary of anyone wanting you to do a wire transfer. Ask questions. Remember, ebay accounts can be hijacked and asking a question helps ensure you are dealing with the owner of the account. If someone lists themselves as being in USA and doesn't give a specific state, that's also a red flag. Look at their feedback and also what they've sold before to see if anything is fishy.

Someone came up with the idea of personalized tickets. Meaning you must be the person with and ID matching the name on the ticket. These tickets would be sold at a flat rate and are non-transferable. People who want to sell tickets should have to pay a premium for them to start with. Selling tickets on Ebay for over double cost is just plain wrong. This is an obvious spotlight to the many flaws in capitolism. I would never do something so illegal. The ones who have brains will sell the tickets with an item, so theoretically they are not breaking any laws, because you can argue the premium was for the item being sold with the tickets, and not the tickets themselves. I have seen several sellers doing this with sport-related seats. This way you don't have to worry about selling way over face-value, since the issue would not come into play if selling an item with the tix.

freakin' Commie! wah! i didn't get tickets so i'm going to criticize the most successful economic system in world history.

BTW,you can refer to the extra amount as a service charge.