THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES

Mikko

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, it just boggles the mind.

People wonder why I use words like 'shambles' to describe NuGnR. Well, booking tour dates without a replacement third guitarist and then auditioning for this guitarist so close to the approaching dates is just staggering, imo.

:no:

imo he is better than buckethead. i really like this podolsky guy :)

Better than Buckethead? Are you on crack? You could count the guitarists better than Bucket with one hand.

Well, that's maybe a thruth if it comes to pure technical skills. But I think this guy has some more emotional qualities then Bucket.

Erm Electric Tears? Population Overide? Coma?

All beautiful melodic guitar work with ZERO shredding.

Can we get a sticky thread saying that Buckethead can play with "emotion" please? :rofl-lol:

Just because the guitarparts are slow doesn't mean they're good.

It's wrong to say that Bucketheaf doesn't put emotion into his playing; for all we know he might put ten times as much emotion as Slash does. Still, he doesn't succeed in getting that emotion through to me as a listener; it sounds deadening and I don't get anything out of listening to it. There are tons and yet tons of people who agree with me on this, which means that he ain't very good at mediating his emotions, whereas Slash is exellent.

Blues is what some people see as "feeling". The new band has a harder metal edge. In fact, I think Axl realised that GNR was becoming too much like a cover band. You had ever member trying to imitate their heroes - So Izzy would want to do Stonesy tunes, Slash Aerosmith, Duff seemed to turn up with a punk song and Axl did his ballads. But what is GNR's sound. You hear a Stones track and you know it's them. But what is the GNR sound. I think they felt like they were peddling other peoples sound. That's the difference between AFD and UYI - the first sounds like Guns N Roses but the latter is like a history of rock. NowaXl has got round to making music which sounds like GNR again.

Is it bad I dont know WHAT THE FUCK A ALIEN BLAKK IS!?!??! Or even give a fuck. Can axl get something to play guitar that people know... like im sick of these floatign doors.. example dave from vr. no one knows who the fuck he is or gives shit about him. Can axl get a decent person for once

Basically any guitarist filling in as guitarist for GNR is gonna feel like an imposter. If Axl can find some guy who can play and isn't aware of Slash then that would be best cos anyone else is always going to feel like the fans don't want him. Unless you are a mercenary like Brain. Of course. It's all about the DeNiros, innit.

imo he is better than buckethead. i really like this podolsky guy :)

Better than Buckethead? Are you on crack? You could count the guitarists better than Bucket with one hand.

Well, that's maybe a thruth if it comes to pure technical skills. But I think this guy has some more emotional qualities then Bucket.

Erm Electric Tears? Population Overide? Coma?

All beautiful melodic guitar work with ZERO shredding.

Can we get a sticky thread saying that Buckethead can play with "emotion" please? :rofl-lol:

Just because the guitarparts are slow doesn't mean they're good.

It's wrong to say that Bucketheaf doesn't put emotion into his playing; for all we know he might put ten times as much emotion as Slash does. Still, he doesn't succeed in getting that emotion through to me as a listener; it sounds deadening and I don't get anything out of listening to it. There are tons and yet tons of people who agree with me on this, which means that he ain't very good at mediating his emotions, whereas Slash is exellent.

okey. That's very true. and, that's really what I meant in the first place. That I don't feel any emotion out of listening to Buckets guitarplaying. To me, it's mostly mindless shredding. Or effectmasturbation. And almost all the time, incredible boring.

Don't get me wrong. I really do love some very technical and fast guitarists, Bumblefoot ( :) ), IA "Freak Guitar" Eklund and so forth. But Bucket ain't the shit for me

If this is true, it just boggles the mind.

People wonder why I use words like 'shambles' to describe NuGnR. Well, booking tour dates without a replacement third guitarist and then auditioning for this guitarist so close to the approaching dates is just staggering, imo.

:no:

Where does it say that he auditioned recently? For all we know, he could've auditioned months ago, been rejected and put out a press release now (after GN'R announce their new tour and US dates) to garner maximum publicity for himself.

SG

JOSHUA CRAIG IS GNR! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry but gnr management and all other stuff about that SUX anyway!!!

Can Josh "learn" all the music Axl was "creating" for so many years...or I'm a lil bit slow, retard and have NO FUCKIN IDEA HOW THE THINGS ARE NORMALY GOING IN THE MUSIC WORLD!

He better add Andreas Kisser (my relative) from SEPULTURA!...well JOSH IS LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE HIM!

andreas kisser(sepulutra)

andreass12ph.th.jpg

andreas kisser(sepultura)

andreass27sx.th.jpg

Edited by WiLLy"The Kid"

JOSHUA CRAIG IS GNR! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry but gnr management and all other stuff about that SUX anyway!!!

Can Josh "learn" all the music Axl was "creating" for so many years...or I'm a lil bit slow, retard and have NO FUCKIN IDEA HOW THE THINGS ARE NORMALY GOING IN THE MUSIC WORLD!

He better add Andreas Kisser (my relative) from SEPULTURA!...well JOSH IS LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE HIM!

andreas kisser(sepulutra)

andreass12ph.th.jpg

andreas kisser(sepultura)

andreass27sx.th.jpg

Are you a close relative to Andreas?

Where does it say that he auditioned recently?

"Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week"

Well, it seems as if everybody in and around GNR is just a bunch of fucking amateurs! How can they start auditions for a tour guitarrist just a few weeks before the tour starts??? Hello??? Are you headfucked or something? :rolleyes:

Then, that there's still no official statement, regarding the tour, the album, the leaks and who's in or out the band is very stupid.

Somebody contact Merck so he can shoot down this crap.

But, if this really turns out to be true - wtf are they thinking?!? They had two years to hire a new guitarist. Why now, a few weeks before their tour opening?! Please be bullshit, please be bullshit...

i'm with you on this

I seriously hope this is bullshit.

The timing is horrendous. Not to mention the fact that the band would be auditioning some twat that doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as 'Axl Rose' nor 'Guns N Roses.'

Also what would it say about Axl's confidence in the 2 guitarists he already has???...... Can they not play the material live without the need for back-up??

Please be bullshit............

LA

Somebody contact Merck so he can shoot down this crap.

But, if this really turns out to be true - wtf are they thinking?!? They had two years to hire a new guitarist. Why now, a few weeks before their tour opening?! Please be bullshit, please be bullshit...

i'm with you on this

As Warchild always says " Those who talk don´t know, those who know don´t talk" ;)