I know this has kind of been mentioned before

JAxlMorrison

If they are going to be in NY for warmups on the 17th and 19th of May anyways, why not book a smaller venue like the Electric Factory or Tower Theatre in Philly, say the 21st or 22nd? It would be another quick sellout, and a great way to pay Philly back by giving them one of the 1st glimpses of most of the new material.

If they are going to be in NY for warmups on the 17th and 19th of May anyways, why not book a smaller venue like the Electric Factory or Tower Theatre in Philly, say the 21st or 22nd? It would be another quick sellout, and a great way to pay Philly back by giving them one of the 1st glimpses of most of the new material.

Yeah right.

They are never coming back to this town.

You obviously don't know Philly at all. There are people here who would literally buy a ticket just to get drunk and throw shit at Axl.

Seriously.

Yeah right.

You obviously don't know Philly at all. There are people here who would literally buy a ticket just to get drunk and throw shit at Axl.

Seriously.

youre an idiot - and dont ever speak for philly again - you clearly have no idea what youret alking about.

the only people that woudl do that are the same assholes that went to the gnr show just cause it was the 'cool' thing to do - - if axl actually tries to reach out to philly and show that what happened before wasnt meant to happen then everything will be ok.

how many times have the eagles let us down? and yet we still sell out the linc every fuckin sunday??? shut your mouth asshole.

Yeah right.

Seriously.

youre an idiot - and dont ever speak for philly again - you clearly have no idea what youret alking about.

the only people that woudl do that are the same assholes that went to the gnr show just cause it was the 'cool' thing to do - - if axl actually tries to reach out to philly and show that what happened before wasnt meant to happen then everything will be ok.

how many times have the eagles let us down? and yet we still sell out the linc every fuckin sunday??? shut your mouth asshole.

Good call.

Philly fans are all class, all the time. I don't what I was basing any of this on.

Idiot. Get off my internet.

I doubt any promoters in Philly would even allow Axl to book a show there(not at this point) with the no-show/riot in 2002. Why take a chance, they got burned last time?

Off topic, I can't wait til T.Owens comes back to Philly with the hated Cowboys. There will have to be some extra security for that game.

I doubt any promoters in Philly would even allow Axl to book a show there(not at this point) with the no-show/riot in 2002. Why take a chance, they got burned last time?

Off topic, I can't wait til T.Owens comes back to Philly with the hated Cowboys. There will have to be some extra security for that game.

I agree on both counts.

Axl will be persona non grata around here. We are going to have to go to Camden would be my guess.

As for Owens...good luck. He is going to need his own security detail at the Linc.

Now maybe I was unclear dealing with that last smacked ass. Philly fans are great...if things are going well. But as great as their passion when things are rosy, its that much worse when things are shitty.

But I stand by my comment. Fans in this town wear their awful behavior and drunken idiocy as a badge of honor. And if you don't think some asshole would not decide he and his buddies were going to make a day of it in the parking lot before going in to the show to pelt Axl, you are crazy. Lot of idiots in this town.

My friend and I won tickets for the GNR show in Philly in 2002, only to have it cancelled. But I have a question, what was the real reason Axl didn't show up? Anyone know?

J

The most popular theory is it was a power struggle between Axl and Clear Channel. Clear Channel said he better show up or we'll pull the plug on the whole tour. Axl decided to cut his losses. Just a rumour, we've never heard anything official from Axl. Although Dizzy(when asked about Philly) said this in an interview "You can blame Clear Channel for that."